Stand by Him?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Would you stand by him?

• Total voters
All I know is the girl cried rape about both of them and she can't remember giving consent to either player. I would be interested in knowing how long CM was with her before CE turned up. Say it was 10 minutes, are we saying she got worse in that time? If longer, was their more booze involved? Was there alcohol found in the hotel? I am pretty sure there wouldn't have been but all needs answering.

Darren or Pinchy, do the jury explain their decision at any time? Do we know what the judge said to CM when he was aquitted? Thanks in advance

However, all the disgusting crap you have posted above just makes me want to cut off my balls and read the complete works of Andrea Dworkin.

Make sure you don't miss with the knife, sunshine :).

All I know is the girl cried rape about both of them and she can't remember giving consent to either player. I would be interested in knowing how long CM was with her before CE turned up. Say it was 10 minutes, are we saying she got worse in that time? If longer, was their more booze involved? Was there alcohol found in the hotel? I am pretty sure there wouldn't have been but all needs answering.

Darren or Pinchy, do the jury explain their decision at any time? Do we know what the judge said to CM when he was aquitted? Thanks in advance

This is one of the completely wrong lines of argument that people are putting forward against one conviction and one acquittal. The jury did not conclude or could not possibly have concluded that she got worse between sex with cm and sex with ched. They concluded that cm had just about enough to argue that he thoughtshe consented because of her behaviour towards him before they started having sex
, but that ched had no such argument.

That's a fair and reasonable conclusion for a jury to reach. But as I say above, it depends on being sure that she had no capacity the appeal, imy view, can only run on undermining the jurys certainty as to incapacity.

By the way one of the gaps seems to be whether the woman cried rape. If she has no recollection of what happened, how could she recollect that people had had sex with her. I'm assuming that she went to police to say she didn't know what had happened, and they then investigated. Remember that on the same night the other guy, who was out with cm and ched , assaulted another woman, so the police will have had plenty of lines of enquiry open in any event.

Make sure you don't miss with the knife, sunshine :).

Meister leave it out with the sunshine bollocks ,its patronising and lets you down ,I took an immediate dislike to you because of our forst encounter ,but since I have found you interesting and thought provoking ,and we agree on almost everything. I find your stance on Ched uplifting.I dont know if you have had the same but I recived a tweet from Cheds girlfriend thanking me for my views ,and looking at all the connections on her tweets I am convinced of his innocence. Cheers....sunshine :)

Meister leave it out with the sunshine bollocks ,its patronising and lets you down ,I took an immediate dislike to you because of our forst encounter ,but since I have found you interesting and thought provoking ,and we agree on almost everything. I find your stance on Ched uplifting.I dont know if you have had the same but I recived a tweet from Cheds girlfriend thanking me for my views ,and looking at all the connections on her tweets I am convinced of his innocence. Cheers....sunshine :)

Point taken, sunshine.

#justiceforched

The more I think about the verdict,the more confused I get, particularly with regards to macdonalds role. If we are going to believe tat he was acquitted on te grounds of reasonable belief, then surely the amount of time he was with her, would have been enough time to assess whether she was capable of consenting? Ched had perhaps 30 seconds to assess her well being (during which she verbally consented), whereas macdonald had 30-40 minutes. The cort have said sh wasn't capable so why has the bloke who had more time to assess her well being been let off?

If anything, it strikes me that if anyone should have been convicted, it should have been macdonald.

The more I hear about this the more it sickens me. I for one think that an innocent man (well guilty of being stupid at most) is going to spend the next few years behind bars. I agree Highbury about Macdonald. The floodgates on rape cases will surely open now against footballers/celebs.

More than that the way fans have turned on him now yet last week the same people said he was innocent. The only way it could be proven that he was guilty would be if he admitted it.

Incidentally, does anyone know where he will be serving his sentence?

I think the club are right to remain silent on the issue keep things as they are and comment if necessary after the appeal. I would expect any decent employer to do that and therefore the club should do the same. They could suspend his wages to be given to him should the appeal be succesful. But should the appeal prove succesful I doubt Ched will remain with us. I also believe the best Ched can hope for is that his conviction is unsafe not that he is proven innocent. I also think it is best to remain silent due to the victim as any statement of support for Ched would be in very poor taste until the legal issues / avenues are dealt with.

I think the club are right to remain silent on the issue keep things as they are and comment if necessary after the appeal. I would expect any decent employer to do that and therefore the club should do the same. They could suspend his wages to be given to him should the appeal be succesful. But should the appeal prove succesful I doubt Ched will remain with us. I also believe the best Ched can hope for is that his conviction is unsafe not that he is proven innocent. I also think it is best to remain silent due to the victim as any statement of support for Ched would be in very poor taste until the legal issues / avenues are dealt with.
What about her alledged ramblings then?

What does what she says have to do with United? Nothing,nthat's what.

Back
Top Bottom