Stadium Development

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let's dream.

The pitch obviously needs to spin round 90 degrees, so job 1 build a new stand on the site of the kop which extends way past the back of the current south stand (half of which can only be used after the SS rebuild). This becomes the new main stand. Knock down the SS and hotel and build a new kop which is obviously tied in beautifully to the new main stand. The pitch is now spun round. Then rebuild the Bramall Lane end, tie it in beautifully with the new kop and knock down the offices so it can tie in with the John street stand - which becomes the new away end.

Spending play money is easy

Nah, two tiers would definitely kill the atmosphere in my opinion. The best grounds all have one mass of supporters behind the goal.

Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with bolting a standing section to the back of the current kop, whilst replacing the roof, getting rid of the pillars and making an indoor concourse. It would look exactly like a brand new stand and serve every purpose it needs to.
Yes, but the tier would be above the existing kop. The bolt-on scenario would be ok if they increased the rake of the seats.

Let's dream.

The pitch obviously needs to spin round 90 degrees, so job 1 build a new stand on the site of the kop which extends way past the back of the current south stand (half of which can only be used after the SS rebuild). This becomes the new main stand. Knock down the SS and hotel and build a new kop which is obviously tied in beautifully to the new main stand. The pitch is now spun round. Then rebuild the Bramall Lane end, tie it in beautifully with the new kop and knock down the offices so it can tie in with the John street stand - which becomes the new away end.

Spending play money is easy
We can call the new kop "the pavilion end"

Thinking back am I dreaming or did it only take about 6 months for the bramall lane corner to be built? Seem to remember it being started in the winter of the promotion season 05?

Just found a photo of Charltons ground.

For connoisseurs I've flipped the image.

I've always thought it would look like this....with pur away end.

New roof on kop. New tier on SS.

Old discussion but saw photo tonight flipped it and gives an impression of what could be.

The media box can be accommodated in exec level in new South stand tiers before anyone mentions that.

Redo that shit John Street corner...although below it is great for kids.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231116_194650_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20231116_194650_Facebook.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 172
Just found a photo of Charltons ground.

For connoisseurs I've flipped the image.

I've always thought it would look like this....with pur away end.

New roof on kop. New tier on SS.

Old discussion but saw photo tonight flipped it and gives an impression of what could be.

The media box can be accommodated in exec level in new South stand tiers before anyone mentions that.

Redo that shit John Street corner...although below it is great for kids.
What about a tier on the john Street? Presume the houses being so close would make that extremely difficult.
I agree about the streetwise corner always looks odd.

Exactly that, which is why it was built at the height it is.
Didn’t United buy some of the properties on John Street? Would doubt the rest would be out of our financial limits.

As I remember it was the height of the roof of the stand that was the problem. Offer them 50% more than the house is worth and everybody’s happy.

Didn’t United buy some of the properties on John Street? Would doubt the rest would be out of our financial limits.

As I remember it was the height of the roof of the stand that was the problem. Offer them 50% more than the house is worth and everybody’s happy.
It was the height of the roof, yes. I think it affects properties other than just those on John Street.

A “right to light” is an easement that gives a landowner the right to receive light through defined apertures in buildings on his or her land

It was the height of the roof, yes. I think it affects properties other than just those on John Street.
Can’t think what other properties would be affected? The only reason the roof was a problem as I recall was the blocking of sunlight on those properties.

A “right to light” is an easement that gives a landowner the right to receive light through defined apertures in buildings on his or her land

Makes you wonder how Liverpool's main stand and Anfield Road redevelopments have gone ahead recently, despite being surrounded by terraced housing.

Is it just to do with where the sun rises/sets in relation to nearby properties and how the stadium interferes with that?

Bought the homes by any means and pissed off the locals by the looks of it.
You don't need to leave them empty. Just do them up a bit and rent them to students. They never get out of bed until the sun goes down, so no problem. 🤭

Makes you wonder how Liverpool's main stand and Anfield Road redevelopments have gone ahead recently, despite being surrounded by terraced housing.

Is it just to do with where the sun rises/sets in relation to nearby properties and how the stadium interferes with that?
At Liverpool, the sun shines out of Klopp’s arse, so the consideration of the ‘right to light’ for properties surrounding the ground does not come into the equation.

No they're not,the council would never give planning permission even if we owned all of John St

Wave goodbye to extending the capacity now.
It shouldn't mean that expansion isn't possible, one of the corners is at the far corner of the ground and if we were considering extending the stadium that far (to the corner of Cherry Street from Shoreham Street) you'd be looking at a stadium larger than Wembley. The other corner on John Street is more problematic but should only mean access is altered from existing and again shouldn't result in the stadium expansion in the future not taking place.

Back
Top Bottom