Stadium and facilities redevelopment post KMC

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So you're in the brainwashed camp. Why is providing "corporate hospitality and facilities" more important than unrestricted views and facilities that keep fans dry in winter?

It’s football in the year 2020, the club need to maximise income and corporate facilities will help with that.

It’s not a case of corporates being more important than the ordinary fan, to me we need to provide great facilities for both, cramming us into a cheap Kop extension doesn’t do that.

It’s football in the year 2020, the club need to maximise income and corporate facilities will help with that.

It’s not a case of corporates being more important than the ordinary fan, to me we need to provide great facilities for both, cramming us into a cheap Kop extension doesn’t do that.

It's football in the year 2020, Premier League fans should be under a roof and have a full view of the pitch.

If established in the Prem and improve the stadium, as mentioned by others, what do you think is a sensible capacity for the stadium.

Looks shite pal for a start the idiot mcCabe built a hotel where you would be extending the South Stand 2nd tier and why would anyone want an office block in the South east corner when you could put a few thousand more seats there? Put the mediacentre in the offices under the big screen. McCabe is history his designs for the stadium should be consigned to the same rubbish bin.

Seated where the hotel is and you’d be further away from the pitch than West Ham fans are at the London Stadium.

Those fans that want us to stay as we are need to give their heads a wobble, I'm astounded and still pinching myself that a player like Sander Berge wanted to come and play for us when you look at the facilities at the Lane and at Shireclffe, CW must have only shown him around the good bits. I know Bramall lane as a certain charm and historic value but if we get into Europe we will be going for better players. but hand on heart can anyone really say players would want to play every other week at the present Bramall Lane in front of 31,000 or somewhere else in front of 40-50,000? I think deep down we all know the answer this is as good as it will ever get at the current stadium, to progress it is either improve or build new elsewhere.

It's football in the year 2020, Premier League fans should be under a roof and have a full view of the pitch.

Agreed, but does that mean we should spend millions on extending the Kop now or wait a few more years in order to build a proper stand with 21st century facilities?

McCabe’s Kop plans are just another temporary, turd polishing solution. It’s 1991 all over again, just doing it on the cheap.

Just bulid a 60k all seater already. With Wendy going into conference and us into the champions league we will fill it in no time.

Those fans that want us to stay as we are need to give their heads a wobble, I'm astounded and still pinching myself that a player like Sander Berge wanted to come and play for us when you look at the facilities at the Lane and at Shireclffe, CW must have only shown him around the good bits. I know Bramall lane as a certain charm and historic value but if we get into Europe we will be going for better players. but hand on heart can anyone really say players would want to play every other week at the present Bramall Lane in front of 31,000 or somewhere else in front of 40-50,000? I think deep down we all know the answer this is as good as it will ever get at the current stadium, to progress it is either improve or build new elsewhere.

I couldn’t have put it better myself!

When you look at the stadium Spurs have built, why wouldn’t we want to aspire to that? Even after promotion, no one dreamed we’d spend £20m on a single player. So why is stadium the standard of Spurs (albeit a smaller capacity) an impossible dream?

I couldn’t have put it better myself!

When you look at the stadium Spurs have built, why wouldn’t we want to aspire to that? Even after promotion, no one dreamed we’d spend £20m on a single player. So why is stadium the standard of Spurs (albeit a smaller capacity) an impossible dream?

Rather have one like Anfield or Old Trafford.

Andy Birks, when he was CEO, told me that the reason for doing the south stand first was that whilst the Kop was the greater need, it would need to be shut for at least a whole season whereas a lot of the work on the South stand could be done without closing it as they would build behind the current stand first, finishing a lot of it off in the summer.

How many years until we are an established team?

None of us know the potential income streams and outgoings. CW says training first so yes do that. Every now and again do a bit on the stadium but budget it in over a number of years financial cycle.

Rather have one like Anfield or Old Trafford.

To be honest I’m not massively bother what the final design would be as long as it has a new Kop, great facilities and stands of a similar height e.g not like Elland Road or St. James’s Park.

To be honest I’m not massively bother what the final design would be as long as it has a new Kop, great facilities and stands of a similar height e.g not like Elland Road or St. James’s Park.

John Street is the issue for even roof lines, even Man United have one "tiny" stand because of houses on the back.

I think the new stand at Anfield is what everyone should be aiming for, the red brick ties it in to it's surroundings, I never liked McCabe's white cladding obsession, makes it look like a shopping centre. Don't think a Eurobowl would sit very well in the middle of Sheffield - I'm with you on the facilities and new Kop though, big single tier Kop, new corner, loads of room underneath - basically just an open space full of catering and bogs.

Dream stuff. Hopefully reality stuff sooner rather than later.

Anyone that wants to replace historic Bramall Lane with a brand new bowl stadium that will - WILL - eventually be shared with the pigs, ought to be drummed right out of the club immediately, never to return and have their complimentary bowl stadium atmosphere generating clapper device shoved right up where the sun don't shine.

Ok Scott or is it Simon? Love the cut out in the fantasy 2nd tier to accommodate the hotel btw.

Where’s the cut out? What about the Kop side? The plans add 5400 seats, but according to you there could be “thousands” more seats at the BL end and presumably for the Kop side. How many “thousands” ? Bearing in mind the main body plans only add 5400. A 50000 capacity, good enough?

Whittam Cox did the plans, not McCabe and presumably PA has seen them. I’d rather see us a little more established in the PL on the pitch than being able to post Pig like about attendances. PL money will give us far more income than even your imaginary thousands of extra seats.

We’ve been here before, it screwed us for years.

Agreed, but does that mean we should spend millions on extending the Kop now or wait a few more years in order to build a proper stand with 21st century facilities?

McCabe’s Kop plans are just another temporary, turd polishing solution. It’s 1991 all over again, just doing it on the cheap.

If you’re seemingly in favour of building a bowl elsewhere, why does it matter?

Anyone that wants to replace historic Bramall Lane with a brand new bowl stadium that will - WILL - eventually be shared with the pigs, ought to be drummed right out of the club immediately, never to return and have their complimentary bowl stadium atmosphere generating clapper device shoved right up where the sun don't shine.

If you hate McCabe enough there’s a set off. If we qualify and win the CL next year, some divvy will say we should have won it the year McCabe took over, but because of him we didn’t.

How are people of the opinion that the South stand is the priority, when there's one literally bang next to it with four big fuck off pillars obstructing the view and thousands of people queueing for a piss in the rain? Some of the stuff I read every time these ground development threads crop up is ridiculous, I'm sure people think we live in a computer game. Either that or they've all been successfully brainwashed by the powers that be, in to thinking commercial ventures should come before fans.
I think the football side should come before fans. The income from ticket sales is now a much smaller proportion of club income, and success at the football side will only increase our income from sponsorship and prize money.
It beats me how fans want ground improvements now, when we haven’t bought the real estate that we play on. That essential purchase is a one off cost that must be found this season, just to meet legal requirements.
Maybe after a few more years of accelerated football success under Wilder, we can look to the comfort of grass roots supporters, and improve the view and the facilities all around the ground?

Perhaps PA has wealthy sponsors who would commit to big sponsorship on improvements, in return for naming rights. Think “Bin Laden Kop”.

Any investment depends heavily on continued football success, but that needs sensible funding too, and the recruitment and wage structure should be the priority before the ground is improved.
This is my opinion, if you don’t like it, I have others. ;)

Tell you what they should do, and it'd cost naff all really, more turnstiles for the South stand.
Or just ones that actually work...

Joking aside, I don’t know what would stop the club using the those temporary turnstiles that they have at the arena, at the Bramall Lane exit. They would need to put some proper segregation and barriers up to allow access, but the current 6 turnstiles at that end of the stand is nowhere near sufficient.

I think the new stand at Anfield is what everyone should be aiming for, the red brick ties it in to it's surroundings, I never liked McCabe's white cladding obsession, makes it look like a shopping centre.

One of the tweaks to the resubmitted design based on Council feedback was to up the red-brick aspects of the South Stand frontage from bugger all to some, to better fit the surrounding areas.

I think the football side should come before fans. The income from ticket sales is now a much smaller proportion of club income, and success at the football side will only increase our income from sponsorship and prize money.
It beats me how fans want ground improvements now, when we haven’t bought the real estate that we play on. That essential purchase is a one off cost that must be found this season, just to meet legal requirements.
Maybe after a few more years of accelerated football success under Wilder, we can look to the comfort of grass roots supporters, and improve the view and the facilities all around the ground?

Perhaps PA has wealthy sponsors who would commit to big sponsorship on improvements, in return for naming rights. Think “Bin Laden Kop”.

Any investment depends heavily on continued football success, but that needs sensible funding too, and the recruitment and wage structure should be the priority before the ground is improved.
This is my opinion, if you don’t like it, I have others. ;)

I agree. I sit on the Kop and I couldn't even care if we never upgraded the ground again, I just want to watch football. My only point is that if millions are to be spent on any stand, it surely has to be the one that's stuck in the 19th century.

Where’s the cut out? What about the Kop side? The plans add 5400 seats, but according to you there could be “thousands” more seats at the BL end and presumably for the Kop side. How many “thousands” ? Bearing in mind the main body plans only add 5400. A 50000 capacity, good enough?

Whittam Cox did the plans, not McCabe and presumably PA has seen them. I’d rather see us a little more established in the PL on the pitch than being able to post Pig like about attendances. PL money will give us far more income than even your imaginary thousands of extra seats.

kopsstand-aerial.jpgkopsstand.jpg

If you care to look I have ringed the area where the South stand can't be significantly extended and the offices taking space up that could be used for more than a thousand seats, it really isn't hard to work out when you stop being awkward for the sake of it.
These pictures are just someone's fantasy when all said and done.
Given a blank canvas I would turn the pitch 90 degrees and only keep part of John st as the away end, demolish the South stand and build a huge single tier kop 30-40 yards further back and build 2 tier stands on Bramall lane and Shoreham st.
That is my fantasy btw before anyone starts about money tree's and any other reason why we should stand still while most other clubs would like to improve or build new.

I agree. I sit on the Kop and I couldn't even care if we never upgraded the ground again, I just want to watch football.

Same here mate. I'd rather put up with the 1970s shit bogs/queues than miss any of this dream-time though.

My only point is that if millions are to be spent on any stand, it surely has to be the one that's stuck in the 19th century.

So where do 12,000 of us sit for a year (or two), while the mound is removed and a brand new stand rebuilt?
We have to do the SS first (and not sell season tickets), to create some additional capacity for the displaced Kopites.

You see you used that word "gamble"

Good businesses don't gamble, they plan.

The time to expand/improve the ground is when we have had a good few years in the top division and we have put funds aside to cover a wedge of the costs, and only then if there is a clear and obvious demand for the seats.

STOP IT !

View attachment 71983View attachment 71984

If you care to look I have ringed the area where the South stand can't be significantly extended and the offices taking space up that could be used for more than a thousand seats, it really isn't hard to work out when you stop being awkward for the sake of it.
These pictures are just someone's fantasy when all said and done.
Given a blank canvas I would turn the pitch 90 degrees and only keep part of John st as the away end, demolish the South stand and build a huge single tier kop 30-40 yards further back and build 2 tier stands on Bramall lane and Shoreham st.
That is my fantasy btw before anyone starts about money tree's and any other reason why we should stand still while most other clubs would like to improve or build new.

“Thousands” was your original claim.

More than thousand seats, all with clear view presumably. What’s that based on?

I’d guess, rather than just picking a number that suits and pretending it’s factual the only way that could be achieved would be to redevelop the away end to the same height and a fully rounded corner.

Notice you don’t raise the same issue at the Kop end but then McCabe wasn’t solely responsible for the portakabin media centre was he?

Can you show me where I said "there could be thousands more seats at the BL end" ? What I did say was more seats in south east corner which to me means the Shoreham st / Cherry st side of the ground. I did do geography at school even if it was Hinde House.

Back
Top Bottom