Spare a thought for PH

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hi Stegosaurus here,

N'Diaye showed zero respect for Hecky, screwing him around like that and making him look like a complete twat. Now, Hecky is going to be scrambling to find a replacement--not to mention, I am sure a number of potential targets have already been snapped up because Hecky thought N'Diaye was staying.

Bloody hell. Someone inform the Samaritans to expect a deluge of calls.

Hecky is proffessional enough to know that this job wasn't going to be a bed of roses.
Wheeling & dealing and re-arranging his squad is every managers problem, due to injury or suspensions.
I'm sure he will have already got irons in the fire . I do feel sorry for him, but this will show the measure of his capabilities in difficult situations.
Hang in there Hecky you are up to this.

Hecky is proffessional enough to know that this job wasn't going to be a bed of roses.
Wheeling & dealing and re-arranging his squad is every managers problem, due to injury or suspensions.
I'm sure he will have already got irons in the fire . I do feel sorry for him, but this will show the measure of his capabilities in difficult situations.

I would also add that during the difficult injury crisis Hecky and the team performed very well and got the best out of a second string team - without complaining. All I see is Hecky getting better as a manager, he is still relatively young at 46 and has proved he can assemble an excellent backroom staff and bring young players through to the first team while achieving success.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

N'Diaye showed zero respect for Hecky, screwing him around like that and making him look like a complete twat. Now, Hecky is going to be scrambling to find a replacement--not to mention, I am sure a number of potential targets have already been snapped up because Hecky thought N'Diaye was staying.
Touches upon what I was thinking.

What must Hecky think of Ndiaye right now?

Nurtured him through the U23s, as was, gave him a leading role in the first team and played to his strengths to get the best out of him.

Has a chat with him learns the player is to sign a new deal, does the interviews with the internal press team.

Then Ndiaye completely mugs him off.

Why? Because someone from Marseilles must have contacted him further to sway him? No doubt illegally. All after having sat with the manager smiling away at him.

He must feel so let down by Iliman at the moment.

From a kid that I really like, it’s so poor and such a thoughtless end to a manager player relationship where the former has given nothing but his 100% support.

Hecky just feel so let down by him.

He needs to call NDiaye out for the person he is. A snake. Don't defend him.

Hecky has a contract until 2026 or 27 with a extension. Depending on break clauses and bonuses for survival he'll comfort himself with that in a extremely short term industry! If a takeover happens he's likely gone soon after anyway.

We have no chance of making any signings of real intent.

The prince has been slowly running the club in to ground for a few years with the only investment being minimum investment and nothing more.

I fully expect most if not all the money we get from this sale to magically disappear
Defo Hecky won’t see any of the money.

Hecky would have known Ndiaye was going well before sky sports news and the press knew. I also think Ndiaye would have let Hecky know he wants to go to Marseille. So I do not think Ndiaye did anything wrong. Good luck to the lad. I am sure we will see him in the Premier League in the future. I hope a sell-on clause was agreed. The money we got for Ndiaye should go into trying to find a decent replacement. I am sure Hecky would be looking time will tell if that prince keeps the money instead. the sooner we get a new owner the better.

Touches upon what I was thinking.

What must Hecky think of Ndiaye right now?

Nurtured him through the U23s, as was, gave him a leading role in the first team and played to his strengths to get the best out of him.

Has a chat with him learns the player is to sign a new deal, does the interviews with the internal press team.

Then Ndiaye completely mugs him off.

Why? Because someone from Marseilles must have contacted him further to sway him? No doubt illegally. All after having sat with the manager smiling away at him.

He must feel so let down by Iliman at the moment.

From a kid that I really like, it’s so poor and such a thoughtless end to a manager player relationship where the former has given nothing but his 100% support.

Hecky just feel so let down by him.

Agree with everything you say but unfortunately in the modern era loyalty isn't that much of a thing anymore, not just in football but in most industries.

Agree with everything you say but unfortunately in the modern era loyalty isn't that much of a thing anymore, not just in football but in most industries.
I know what you mean. It’s more the bow than the what.

Hecky isn’t naive. He knows he would leave at some point.

It’s just the way it was done. Not having told him he’d stay, played his part in a media presentation and even engaged Billy to give him his shirt.

That’s the bit that rankles.

I know what you mean. It’s more the bow than the what.

Hecky isn’t naive. He knows he would leave at some point.

It’s just the way it was done. Not having told him he’d stay, played his part in a media presentation and even engaged Billy to give him his shirt.

That’s the bit that rankles.

If it was up to me I'd implement a new club policy like a cut off point for any players potentially leaving the club, especially for our more talented ones that will be difficult/impossible to replace financially/time wise.

With Ndiaye though it was under 2 weeks before the first league game (Palace) but still a full month till the transfer window closes.

It’s that poor bastard that’s going to be fielding all the difficult questions at pressers and from MOD presenters etc, while the people who have stiffed him slope off into the back ground.

He worked miracles to get us up last season with at least one arm tied behind his back. Now he has been hog tied and thrown in the boot of car that’s been pushed over the edge of a ravine.

Wouldn’t blame him if he just thought - sod this i’m off.
Listening to the Radio Sheffield interview right now. And I have to stand by every word on the OP

Poor bastard. He's clearly very frustrated by what's gone on but he is trying to diplomatically say how he feels and its shining through that he is not happy.

My admiration for him just grows and grows (and I was disappointed when he was appointed).

Listening to the Radio Sheffield interview right now. And I have to stand by every word on the OP

Poor bastard. He's clearly very frustrated by what's gone on but he is trying to diplomatically say how he feels and its shining through that he is not happy.

My admiration for him just grows and grows (and I was disappointed when he was appointed).
Exactly that^ feel sorry for him sounds fucking depressed but trying to stay strong for the staff, players and fans. Very rare to have a manager like him in this day and age.

The clubs owners are a disgrace every time we get a manager and they do well they undo their hard work and throw them under the bus.

The Prince is holding our club back he doesn't have the money to take us forward he is destroying Heckys and the rest of the management teams hard work.

He needs to find a new buyer A. S.A.P before our fans seriously turn on him.

Poor sod is on a hiding to nothing. Remember we were told that our owner was deliberately trying to scupper our promotion hopes last season and as well as Hecky foiling that hear he kicked PA’s white cat and keyed his mini sub.

We can see already the Prince wants relegation ( and administration ) this time so he’s tied the managers hands again.

Poor sod is on a hiding to nothing. Remember we were told that our owner was deliberately trying to scupper our promotion hopes last season and as well as Hecky foiling that hear he kicked PA’s white cat and keyed his mini sub.

We can see already the Prince wants relegation ( and administration ) this time so he’s tied the managers hands again.
I think I am a bit slow, so please explain why an owner wishing to sell would want the club to go into Administration.

Hecky and his team will have a backup plan.

They will have players lined up for the scenario that Ndiaye left.
Last season we had Kone as Berge's replacement.

They haven't just been sat there doing nowt
But to us fans that's exactly how it looks?

He's a professional doormat in a one sided relationship trying to do the best that he can. He certainly understands the reality of the situation and chooses to continue with it.
The board know it and so do what they want, safe in the knowledge that they'll meet zero resistance from him.
Some may feel sympathy or even pity but he's got the same choice as any employee in any business. Like it or lump it.
THats a bit harsh tbh

Yep Bassett knew exactly the same and he was probably my favourite manager. (Other than John Harris, god bless him)!

Back
Top Bottom