Spare a thought for PH

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

west_yorks_blade

PL next season, Europe following season
Reaction score
It’s that poor bastard that’s going to be fielding all the difficult questions at pressers and from MOD presenters etc, while the people who have stiffed him slope off into the back ground.

He worked miracles to get us up last season with at least one arm tied behind his back. Now he has been hog tied and thrown in the boot of car that’s been pushed over the edge of a ravine.

Wouldn’t blame him if he just thought - sod this i’m off.

It’s that poor bastard that’s going to be fielding all the difficult questions at pressers and from MOD presenters etc, while the people who have stiffed him slope off into the back ground.

He worked miracles to get us up last season with at least one arm tied behind his back. Now he has been hog tied and thrown in the boot of car that’s been pushed over the edge of a ravine.

Is the Club not pursuing the exact policy that was outlined when he joined and that he bought into ?
I think he knows what is happening and also has a good idea as to who will be with us by 1st September

As much as I agree with you for some reason PH doesn’t get the respect in the game that he deserves and other clubs are hardly fighting each other for his signature. He doesn’t even have the respect of half the fans of the club that he is managing. He is not high profile.
He will stay, do his best and probably get fired at some point because he is unable to provide miracles.
No matter what he will leave at some point with his head held high

If I was him I'd have a unfortunate accident putting me out of management for 9 months.

Is the Club not pursuing the exact policy that was outlined when he joined and that he bought into ?
I think he knows what is happening and also has a good idea as to who will be with us by 1st September
You're saying that he knew that if he got us promoted to the PL, he would be given buttons for a transfer budget and lose his best player 2 weeks before the season started?

Come off it.

I really do feel for him actually.

I don’t think he’s a great manager and I’m certain this will be his only ever opportunity to manage in the premier league. What will make it worse is that when we are bottom at Christmas, the whole world will be saying what a bad manager he is and he may even get the sack as a result of it. Without any of the outside world having the first idea what has actually gone on.

Imagine your only shot at the prem being with this shambles, you really do have to feel for him

Under the circumstances he’s been working with he’s done a cracking job.

He’s now facing an even bigger challenge, and I think it would be poor on the boards part if Hecky were to be the fall guy if we start poorly - clearly that’s the way football works and the manager is always the one to carry the can but I think that would be monumentally harsh.

To an extent but being fair on hecky

Even working on a budget you’d think he would have hoped for more than

A midfielder signed for a million quid
A Reserve left back
A striker who’s not even allowed in the country at this stage

And his best player sold from under him immediately before the start of the season.

It’s time for the operational staff to shit or get off the pot. Everyone is on a downer now with Ndaiye going it’s time to inject some positivity by getting some forward progress on incomings

We CANNOT be waiting until 4/5 games into the season to have these players on board it’s 10% of the season gone if we do.

We have no chance of making any signings of real intent.

The prince has been slowly running the club in to ground for a few years with the only investment being minimum investment and nothing more.

I fully expect most if not all the money we get from this sale to magically disappear

Feel bad for Hecky, been left in the shit! He must be pulling his hair out behind the scenes

I feel bad for him to some degree but worked miracles is a bit much when on paper we had one of the best squads in the league. The only reason we were struggling over the last few seasons was due to injuries more than anything else.

Controversial, but you could argue if Hecky had sold the vision of what his coaching programme and development scheme was going to look like, he might have wanted to stick around?

I feel bad for him to some degree but worked miracles is a bit much when on paper we had one of the best squads in the league. The only reason we were struggling over the last few seasons was due to injuries more than anything else.

Exactly the point i was about to make. Pretty sure there were 20+ managers in the championship who would have liked to have had a midfield of Doyle, Berge, McAtee, Norwood to pick from to play behind Ndiaye and a couple of £20m+ strikers in McBurnie/Brewster...

Don't get me wrong he did a great job, but let's not start making stuff up!

Skin as thick as a Rhinos Hecky he will just get on with it

This is what happens in football. Hecky is a professional football manager being paid a huge amount of money to manage in the best league in the world, he will simply get on with the job and do his best.

Always liked Hecky and he gained my respect for how conducted himself after Wilder left.

Tbh I did wonder if he was a patsy when Slav left but I'm delighted to have been wrong on that front.

I think he's done a terrific job and he's an excellent front for the club in the way he carries himself in interviews.

He's a professional doormat in a one sided relationship trying to do the best that he can. He certainly understands the reality of the situation and chooses to continue with it.
The board know it and so do what they want, safe in the knowledge that they'll meet zero resistance from him.
Some may feel sympathy or even pity but he's got the same choice as any employee in any business. Like it or lump it.

You're saying that he knew that if he got us promoted to the PL, he would be given buttons for a transfer budget and lose his best player 2 weeks before the season started?

Come off it.
Not that specific.
His remit is to produce a squad of talented and performing players on a low budget.
He would be well aware that players would be sold if the right offer came in, but to say that he has been given buttons is simply not correct.
What is now vital is how he is allowed to deal in the market before 1st September

To an extent but being fair on hecky

Even working on a budget you’d think he would have hoped for more than

A midfielder signed for a million quid
A Reserve left back
A striker who’s not even allowed in the country at this stage

And his best player sold from under him immediately before the start of the season.

It’s time for the operational staff to shit or get off the pot. Everyone is on a downer now with Ndaiye going it’s time to inject some positivity by getting some forward progress on incomings

We CANNOT be waiting until 4/5 games into the season to have these players on board it’s 10% of the season gone if we do.
He said at the start of the window that the loans would come right at the end. He knew we would start with an incomplete squad

The Prince has thrown Hecky under the Bus. How can you expect him to find a very decent forward in just two weeks? we should know better, this type of thing has happened many times before. That prince is not bothered about the club anymore. We need new owners asap. More chance of Man Utd being sold by those bunch of American twats.

Doesn't anyone think that Hecky wouldve been involved in all this!?
Jesus, some statements on here are fucking baffling!
Hecky has done whats best and got an half decent wedge, for a player that asked to leave, and we couldve lost for nowt!
Get a fucking grip, we can now use the money to help the rest of the team, there was no way 1 lad was going to keep us up anyway!
Its not as if we haven't been here before is it.

As r'Chris has proved - this is Hecky's only shot at managing in the PL and all the trappings that come with that.

When he's being interviewed by Gary Lineker or playing golf with Dan Walker, I'm sure having his best player sold will seem like a distant memory...

Back
Top Bottom