Son's first game!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

petrkatchuro

Reaction score
Hello all you beautiful blades....taking my boys to their first blades game against Norwich next week... haven't been myself for quite a while and got tickets on the BLUT. Bare in mind I'm trying to convince my youngest that BL is better than the shitty ground as his mum is a Red. Any sort of review of the BLUT would be greatly appreciated as never sat there before.

Hello all you beautiful blades....taking my boys to their first blades game against Norwich next week... haven't been myself for quite a while and got tickets on the BLUT. Bare in mind I'm trying to convince my youngest that BL is better than the shitty ground as his mum is a Red. Any sort of review of the BLUT would be greatly appreciated as never sat there before.
Make sure you take a bottle of piss with you to throw on the football fans below you 👍

Hope you all have a great day.
BLUT will give them a great view of the match. Sure they'll love it.

Gutted the boys aren't seeing the big man in midfield... nevermind Flecky will be back soon hopefully!! 😉

Just as well you didn't choose the Blackpool game to introduce your lads to the Lane. That amount of trauma would have surely have played right into her hands.

Just as well you didn't choose the Blackpool game to introduce your lads to the Lane. That amount of trauma would have surely have played right into her hands.
They would've loved it...6 goal thriller while I tore my follicly challenged thatch out

Make sure you throw your seat at the Norwich fans during/after the game

And a serious reply, the view is great, took my lad for his first game in the corner, depending on how old they were (my lad was 5) take something to occupy them should they get bored...

Take them for snacks at half time, but get down there early, should the game be shite, they'll enjoy the treats at half time and want to go back again for more..

Mine was the 3-3 vs Blackburn when there was all those missed penalties.. (was it 3-3 its gotta be 15 years ago) please feel free to correct me..

I've said to take earplugs to other parents, I do think they're worth having just in case, as a kid I loved the noise, kids can be different these days, so plan for that just in case..

And a serious reply, the view is great, took my lad for his first game in the corner, depending on how old they were (my lad was 5) take something to occupy them should they get bored...

Take them for snacks at half time, but get down there early, should the game be shite, they'll enjoy the treats at half time and want to go back again for more..

Mine was the 3-3 vs Blackburn when there was all those missed penalties.. (was it 3-3 its gotta be 15 years ago) please feel free to correct me..

I've said to take earplugs to other parents, I do think they're worth having just in case, as a kid I loved the noise, kids can be different these days, so plan for that just in case..
Blackburn match in 2006 (three missed penalties) was a scoreless match

Yeah that makes him 4 years old..

The 3 missed penalties might be what I focused on. 👍

The BLUT is the steepest stand in the ground, so it offers a fantastic view, the best view in the ground.
You almost feel like you can lean forward, reach out and touch the cross bar.
It's also the quietest stand in the ground because unlike the other stands it's rarely full and doesn't have any season ticket holders in it, so the fans tend to be less partizan which can be a good thing if you have young kids going to their 1st match.

I'd say the only potential negative is that the turnstiles for the BLUT are very close to the turnstiles for the away fans. So if the match is filled with last minute controversy, then at full time you'll be let out of the ground with plenty of away fans on Bramall Lane, so you might need to keep your wits about you.
To be honest Norwich have zero reputation for rowdiness so they'll be no issue.

Good luck and make sure you give some feedback regards who much the boy enjoyed it.

I'm been approached by family (in law) who have recently come to live in Sheffield (from Madrid) and he wants to take his 6 year boy to his first match.
Initially he asked me to get him, his Spanish wife and son a ticket for Hillsborough. Reminded him I'm a Blade.
So we plan to get tickets up in the BLUT for the Burnley home match at the end of the month.

That's a great idea.....they didn't have it against Villa in 91, I'll see if I can make a claim for a late one 😆
I did it with my kids when I took them to their first match a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it more than they did!

My first match with my eldest was away to Reading and we came from 2-0 down to win 3-2. We were sat in the Reading end as my mate who got the tickets knew the Reading kit man. Great win!

yes, the best view in the ground. I suggest get in the ground 30 min before kick before the away fans. some are ok but you get the idiots as well.
Enjoy the game.

yes, the best view in the ground. I suggest get in the ground 30 min before kick before the away fans. some are ok but you get the idiots as well.
Enjoy the game.

Actual physical trouble/ fighting is rare but your boy might witness shouting, aggressive behaviour and verbal intimidation.
It's no big deal to adults who have seen it all before but for a little kid, anti social behaviour can be scary, so just keep your wits about you.

As I said, Norwich City fans have a reputation for being a placid bunch but if we score a last minute winner, especially if it's controversial
then it's common sense there might be some anger from the away fans coming out of the ground where you're located. Just use common sense.

Cheers everyone for the brilliant responses and sensible advice..I'm sure we'll all have a great day...would be nice to get the win we so desperately need atm. UTB!!

What a fantastic day we all had...thank you so much fellow blades for the advice...defo get tickets for the BLUT again...100% best view of the whole ground....obvs apart from the away end..cracking atmosphere for the last half hour at least...managed to get selfies with some players beforehand with the kids which made their day...I love you blades!!!!

What a fantastic day we all had...thank you so much fellow blades for the advice...defo get tickets for the BLUT again...100% best view of the whole ground....obvs apart from the away end..cracking atmosphere for the last half hour at least...managed to get selfies with some players beforehand with the kids which made their day...I love you blades!!!!
Did you throw any piss bottles?

A good introduction to the roller coaster of being a blade. Glad you all enjoyed it.

Back
Top Bottom