Something to cheer you up.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

spackman had a great team at that time completely ruined by another united board selling deane and fjortoft on the same day borbokis and quinn were wing backs but would often turn up in opposing sides penalty area in the centre forward position vas was the 2nd best right back ive seen at the lane behind sir leonard of the badge and wilder was the 3rd best imo

Not one for nostalgia. But in desperate times, might be nice to reminisce. I've probably not seen the full game since I actually went all those years ago, so a rare find.

Oh you beauty, I missed this at the time as I was on holiday. Muchos thanksos

Commentary at 17:35 as Tiler tries to just shepherd ball behind and fails, giving away a corner: “Tiler was a little bit silly there. I thought that was complete blatant obstruction.”
Yes! Yes it is. But now we not only accept it, we clap people for doing it.

This was my first season watching United, as a lad. I recently went back through my programmes from this season, for a read and it was amazing the amount of change that happened. The volume of players we had to use was quite unbelievable (due to injuries, plus the many transfers of our better players) and it is interesting to see how the starting XI's change as the season goes on (we probably had 5 different core versions).

Borbokis was the best two footed player Bert has ever seen at The Lane for us.

He could take a corner with either foot.

Do you mean stopped boozing?
Enjoyed the football we played under him but his lack of professionalism was an absolute disgrace.

No way he got away with that at Everton.

An old workmate used to work at the Aldephi in his student days and regularly had to assist HK out of the hotel worse for wear.

Borbokis was the best two footed player Bert has ever seen at The Lane for us.

He could take a corner with either foot.
Example being his goal in this game, a beautiful left foot strike after a surging run from the right wing. And what a ball from Fjortoft too. (time link below)

Enjoyed the football we played under him but his lack of professionalism was an absolute disgrace.

No way he got away with that at Everton.

An old workmate used to work at the Aldephi in his student days and regularly had to assist HK out of the hotel worse for wear.
Heard the same about a time at the Sitwell Arms in Renishaw, 'absolutely paralytic' was the description.

"Whisky in hand, and a couple o' cans"

Heard the same about a time at the Sitwell Arms in Renishaw, 'absolutely paralytic' was the description.

"Whisky in hand, and a couple o' cans"
A mate was a reserve team player under HK.

If I'd heard the same stories about him and John Bailey from a bloke in the pub, I'd have thought it was exaggerated bollocks.

Shows you that if you have a name and reputation in the game like Kendall and Robson, you'll get to push the envelope at smaller clubs for a while at least.

Not one for nostalgia. But in desperate times, might be nice to reminisce. I've probably not seen the full game since I actually went all those years ago, so a rare find.

Thanks for that, not watched it all at the moment, but will before days end. Blades winning 1-0.
Refreshing, seeing two teams giving their all and accepting the rough and tumble of a fair contest.
Managed to spot my Avatar and myself as play rolled along, which was nice, unfortunately with the passage of time, but not surprisingly, he is no longer with us.
Thank you again.

Back
Top Bottom