So who scored the equaliser....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1066blade

Reaction score
Wilder says Moose, officials say Zouma ? Does anyone know, - cos I care. I've seen it and must admit it's very difficult to see who's boot the ball came off.

To me it looked like Moose got the final touch after it hit Zouma. The smallest of toe-pokes but appears it was a moose goal to me.

There's a slow motion from.behind the goal
(The video has been took down now) but it clearly shows zouma kicking it off mousse and it comes off the mousse's toe last
A clever block from him and deffo his goal

It looked very much like Mousset got the touch that put it in the net to me. I’m sure it’ll be forensically analysed on MOTD though, he deserved it too, caused them a lot of problems with his pace and strength, can’t wait ‘til he’s fully fit 👊🏻

Who give a fuck united looked like the best I've seen 2nd half today than any time in the last 3 years against a team playing in the years champions leagues.......... We will not be far off the top ten come the end of the session

It could have come off Zouma’s left testicle, or Moose’s earhole for all I care. It went in, that’s all that matters.

The Star is crediting Moussett with our second goal, but everyone else is saying it is an own goal. I still think Moussett got the all important touch. A goal is a goal but it would be great if Moussett could be credited with his first goal.

Depends what footage seen, but from the sky footage I have seen Mousset doesn’t seem to get any touch at all.
Great cross from Robinson, that deflected off the shinpad of bombscare.
Would like to see a Hawkeye style tracking of that cross, I reckon it might well have gone in even if it hadn’t been touched.
The players attacking the near post had rooted the keeper, so if they had missed it completely I reckon it would have skipped through and in direct from the cross as it was bending in nicely.

Depends what footage seen, but from the sky footage I have seen Mousset doesn’t seem to get any touch at all.
Great cross from Robinson, that deflected off the shinpad of bombscare.
Would like to see a Hawkeye style tracking of that cross, I reckon it might well have gone in even if it hadn’t been touched.
The players attacking the near post had rooted the keeper, so if they had missed it completely I reckon it would have skipped through and in direct from the cross as it was bending in nicely.
Yes. A cross like that and people attacking like we did, will see it go straight in, be scored, or be OG'd.
It's academic really, great play, resulting in a great, well deserved goal.

Yeah it might well have gone in without a touch, a quality cross the goalkeeper can't move in case the attacker or defender get a touch which was the case by then it is too late. Defenders hate those types of crosses any touch is likely to send the ball into the net.

Yeah it might well have gone in without a touch, a quality cross the goalkeeper can't move in case the attacker or defender get a touch which was the case by then it is too late. Defenders hate those types of crosses any touch is likely to sent the ball into the net.

And Zouma wasn’t far off scoring at the near post a short time before the goal when intercepting a hard low cross.

Mousset will know if he got a touch and the fact that there’s nothing in the media and nothing coming out of the club
Strongly suggests that Mousset isn’t contesting the own goal decision.

Surly if Mousset had got a touch, he’d be informing Wilder and telling the club who would no doubt be asking the review panel to re-look at the decision.

someone slowed it down and it's definitely Mousetts, look closely from the angle behind the goal. You can clearly see it boucing off the shin of Zouma's Shin onto the bottom of Mousetts foot. This is not an opinion by the way. It's fact. It's Mousetts, he's been robbed

someone slowed it down and it's definitely Mousetts, look closely from the angle behind the goal. You can clearly see it boucing off the shin of Zouma's Shin onto the bottom of Mousetts foot. This is not an opinion by the way. It's fact. It's Mousetts, he's been robbed

That's how I saw it as well.

There’s an angle where it looks to clip zouma and then bounce of the toe nail of the moose goalwards.

Could also maybe argue it was Robinson’s If the moose didn’t touch it, if the cross was heading goalwards without the touch. I thought it was an OG if the ball was heading off target and changed direction to within the posts. Could be wrong on both the rule and the area Robbo put the ball.

If someone shoots and it takes a deflection and goes in,and the shot is on target.The attacker is credited to the goal.So isn't it robinsons goal.

The thing is, Egan was steaming in at the far post, so one way or another, that ball was going in.

On first viewing, I thought it was an own goal, on a few further viewings, I thought it bounced off Zouma's foot, onto the path of Mousset's boot and into the net.

At the end of the day, I can't tell, maybe another angle would show it once and for all.

Back
Top Bottom