So, what's the situation regarding ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

McBurnie had his hernia op I believe. Are they fairly routine and quick to recover from? I know he’s been back training but can he go back in yet?
I had an umbilical hernia done last year ,
It was unsightly rather than owt else
Took 2 weeks off work then light duties for a few weeks, I lift a lot of things in my job so couldn’t do that , just to stop it popping out again
With a lot of twisting in football he may have to miss the next week or so to let it get 100%

I had an umbilical hernia done last year ,
It was unsightly rather than owt else
Took 2 weeks off work then light duties for a few weeks, I lift a lot of things in my job so couldn’t do that , just to stop it popping out again
With a lot of twisting in football he may have to miss the next week or so to let it get 100%
There are different types of hernia, I beleive.
I've no idea what type McBurnie's is.

The question is not whether he's physically fit - of course he is. The real question is whether he will be mentally ready for Saturday.

He's a young kid who has played in the world's greatest football tournament, and has been watched by millions of people worldwide. He's rubbed shoulders with some of the worlds greatest players - and he's been away from home for several weeks. He's bound to have been affected by it all - whether for the good or bad, we'll soon find out
Heentally

Sorry but for me there's no excuse for him not to be playing assuming he flew home the day after the England game.

He's effectively been on a hot weather trying camp with not even a couple of hours match time in 3 weeks . He should be straining at the leash to play and I'd imagine he'll get a bit more change out of Huddersfields defence than England's!!

He didn’t play against Englands defence, despite our desperation to tear us he new arsehole…he just didn’t turn up.
He did not turn up as he was playing in an advanced position and only received the ball on possibly four occasions.

He did not turn up as he was playing in an advanced position and only received the ball on possibly four occasions.
Exactly
I'm not sure what a forward player is supposed to do when the game is being played 70 yards behind him

Fac me, in my younger days, I did 7x12’s in London for 4 weeks at a time, away from family and friends, not exactly living in luxury and also not exactly keeping myself fit and healthy. But if the gaffer asked me to come back home to do a shift back in Sheffield, I was back doing my job there come 08:00 Monday morning.
Whilst learning two oriental languages.

... who is crocked and who is not for this weekend? I was expecting some sort of leaked statement or even a formal one from the club about this Satdi's game, the preparations, how it's all going, where N'Daiye is and who is recovered, how up for it we are and generally a 'welcome back to real football' vibe?

There's a fucking promotion campaign to pick up and we kinda need some reassurances that this return from an international break aint gonna be as disastrous and disappointing as the last one ...

Discuss ...

pommpey
Perhaps Hecky should announce the team three days prior to kick off. Whilst he’s at it he could also mention any changes to formation/tactics etc

Back
Top Bottom