Slav

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In or out

• Total voters

There are managers who can probably get more out of the current squad, but that feels a more short term approach.

We may see the mythical 2nd half of the season, but this campaign feels near enough gone in terms of a promotion challenge.

Fast forward to next year the aging / over the hill players squad will be a year older and obviously no better, some players will depart and more will be in the last year of their contract.

We need a rebuild, the is no point in changing manager a few months into his tenure. Half the squad needs moving on or releasing and I'd much rather stick with a manager who has a clear philosophy and desired style of play and knows the limitations of the squad for this than change again and restart the process

Should have turned up earlier than July. Prob thought he could turn it round quite easily. Has had a shock. We'll see. But in from me.

I am completely unimpressed by Slav.. What some of you see in him I dont know.

We travel to Reading tomorrow, they've just had a points deduction and should be a little deflated, and there for the taking...

Who thinks we will win the game?

Change it to Players In/Out and watch the difference.

Working with one dimensional players who are completely shot mentally and dont wear the badge with pride. When did you see any of them tap the badge on the field lately apart from Sharp. (ok not scoring goals doesnt help) Have we actually seen any of them on match day try to gee up the crowd for instance ?

We travel to Reading tomorrow, they've just had a points deduction and should be a little deflated, and there for the taking...

He at least tries,different tactics formations and players it's not like it was last season when you could pretty much guess who would start,as I said earlier whoever came in was on a hiding to nothing with wilder leaving etc etc

Me utb

There is only so much a Manager can do.

If you had a peak Alex Ferguson managing Grimsby vs a peak Manchester United team managed by Alan Carr, odds are that Manchester United win 99% of those games.

People keep saying the players did get to 9th in the Premier League, however in that team we had:
Players 3 years younger
A GK thats in the top 10 in the world
JOC who it seems made Stevens and Egan look better than they are
Buoyant optimism throughout the club and with the fans
A clear underestimate from other teams.
Quite a lot of luck to get some close 1 goal wins in the 1st half of the season.

Since then, we have recruited appallingly with players form and confidence utterly shot. Fans are on a clear route to toxicity (no blame there given some of the most depressing 24 months of football for us on record - inclusive of having European football taken away from us due to losing our momentum over lockdown) .

There is no easy answer to any of this, except a gradual recycling of players until we can get a spine of 6 or 7 players to start to rebuild the team around. I don't think we have any of that spine yet, except for maybe N'Diaye, Jebbison and an Egan (if he ever hits form again). The rest are either too old to build a side around, not good enough, or the fit just isn't right.

Not bothered either way but we can't afford another manager pay off, that said I don't think he will be here next season. If he keeps us in this division job done. Slav don't stay anywhere long and if money is tight he will be off to somewhere else. I don't see him staying here for the long haul which rebuilding this side will be as we simple don't have cash to throw at it.

Im not one for sacking managers at the drop of a hat but Ive not seen anything from Slav yet to make me want to keep him. Warnock would probably have us much higher up the table but as someone pointed out hes certainly not a long term solution. We're just fucked and on the manager merrygoround again until we manage to find another Wilder / Warnock / Basset

Just watched the second half again ,we were never troubled and should have won ,keep the 5 and let's start moving up the league

Just watched the second half again ,we were never troubled and should have won ,keep the 5 and let's start moving up the league
yes your right but this not taking clear cut chances by our strikers is costing us big time we should have at least 7/8 more points if we had put our chances away this season

He at least tries,different tactics formations and players it's not like it was last season when you could pretty much guess who would start,as I said earlier whoever came in was on a hiding to nothing with wilder leaving etc etc

He should have been be able to get a tune out of these players if he's as good as everybody on here seems to think he is..

Now we're saying he needs 2 transfer windows, is the squad that bad then, really??

Something isn't right, what's happening on the pitch isn't the work of a quality manager in my opinion..

I stress, its my opinion based on what I've seen on the pitch..

Back
Top Bottom