Slav - In Mitigation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I feel sorry for Slav and really do think he's been conned by the club. That said, his decision to continue picking Fleck, Norwood and Berge as his midfield is entirely his fault when they've been crap all season. That's on him.

In a recent interview he said he's not the type to shout in the dressing room, as players should know when they've played poorly so him saying it won't change that. This for me is a big issue. Wilder played the nicey, nicey I'm your mate role and his loyalty to his players led to him continuing to pick the same players and believing in them and not being willing to make changes to selections and tactics.

We need an authority figure in the dressing room. Someone to yell at the players. To not just drop them from the starting line up, but the match day squad, or send out on loan if needs be. This squad doesn't need nice. They're crap and they need a ruthless wake up call. Nicey nicey in the dressing room will only help in relegating us. To a certain extent Billy could do with pulling his finger out too as captain. Hold a team meeting and bollock the players as captain.
That’s not how you manage a team low on confidence in my opinion, that’s how you manage players not trying. I can see why he’s taking a softly softly approach because it could back fire massively if he loses the dressing room at this stage. That said, he did seem to be losing patience yesterday in his interview.

Back
Top Bottom