Sky kick off times getting ridiculous

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

GreasyChipBeattie

Reaction score
I know I'm old fashioned, and in a few years people will look back and see 3pm Sat kick-offs as 'just another kick-off time' but 7pm on a Sunday evening?
The Premier league product continues to be dominated by money and removing itself from the normal working class game that many of a similar age will remember since being a kid.
Even Saturday night kick-offs are bad enough. Saturdays should be for having tea with the fam after the match and then wandering down to the newsagents.
Chuck in the generation game, a helping of Morecambe and Wise before a few ales down the club and back for MOTD and Parkinson and that was enough.
Sunday evening football? Even if you're not a Songs of Praise fan, it just aint right.

This being the only subject that I have and probably will ever agree with Mark the pigsmoor pig on…

He openly ranted about this on radio sheff, stating how it has ruined the game for supporters… no more meeting mates in the pub et etc…. He was right.

I know I'm old fashioned, and in a few years people will look back and see 3pm Sat kick-offs as 'just another kick-off time' but 7pm on a Sunday evening?
The Premier league product continues to be dominated by money and removing itself from the normal working class game that many of a similar age will remember since being a kid.
Even Saturday night kick-offs are bad enough. Saturdays should be for having tea with the fam after the match and then wandering down to the newsagents.
Chuck in the generation game, a helping of Morecambe and Wise before a few ales down the club and back for MOTD and Parkinson and that was enough.
Sunday evening football? Even if you're not a Songs of Praise fan, it just aint right.

Its on BT sports not Sky

If anything, BT Sports are worse than Sky. Sky has the settled times now.

Wasn't there a 745 Saturday kick off time a couple year back.

Nothing to do with sky it's on BT I think it's because the clubs themselves asked for games not to be on Saturday lunch time after European game so blame the clubs.

At least this is a localish game I guess. France and Spain often have evening/night weekend games as their main slot and from a TV viewing point it probably makes sense.

For those of us with nothing better to do but study back to back to back games on TV …………..

👀.

UTB

The reason for the game being sunday is because Man Utd played on Thursday and asked for it to be pushed back. I guess it would've been at 2pm, but then BT Sport spotted a chance.

People often criticised Sky and I can understand why. Football isn't football anymore, it's killing the game etc

However back in the 1890's Sheffield FC said professionalism (being paid an income) in football would kill the sport and they vowed to always remain amateur.
I wonder if Sheffield FC now regret not going pro or have they gained massive satisfaction from having such virtuous values?

It's the same principle with Sky, the football business is shameless and all about making as much money as possible.
Has Sky been a positive or negative? Football used to be the called the "peoples game", when actually is was more for the male working classes.
However due to clever and persistent marketing football has now truly become the "people games" now including the middle classes and female population.
So due to Sky, football has never been as popular in this country, even more important is it's never been as popular abroad.
On a commercial level English football really does rules the world, the Spanish and Italian have given up knowing they can't compete against the EPL.
Hence why the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus, AC Milan etc know their only hope is to form a Euro Super League and
hopefully persuade the likes of Liverpool, Man Utd, Man City etc to share their riches and at the same time weaken the hold of the English Premier League.

Agreeing to Sky is like selling your sole to the devil. You are given massive rewards, all the PL clubs are amongst the richest clubs in world football.
So really you can't then complain when Sky start asking for their pound of flesh.

I’m grateful that our next two at home are Saturday are 3 pal before sky interferes with Burnley and more than likely Rotherham

Agreeing to Sky is like selling your sole to the devil. You are given massive rewards, all the PL clubs are amongst the richest clubs in world football.
So really you can't then complain when Sky start asking for their pound of flesh.
If selling your sole to the devil allows the huge upgrade in stadiums, training grounds and budgets in the past 30 years what would selling the cod get you?!

If selling your sole to the devil allows the huge upgrade in stadiums, training grounds and budgets in the past 30 years what would selling the cod get you?!
It's like selling your soul to the Devil but financially more advantageous imo 👍

I’m grateful that our next two at home are Saturday are 3 pal before sky interferes with Burnley and more than likely Rotherham
More likely plod will change Rotherham kick off time

Back
Top Bottom