Singing/Ultra's Section

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FallowfieldBlade

The Names Blade Fallowfield Blade
Reaction score
Have noticed more and more and more that clubs are organising sections of the ground for fans to create an atmosphere Crystal palace been the most well known but plenty of other teams are doing it such as Huddersfield and Bristol I think

Been totally honest the atmosphere at the lane bar about 2 games has been akin to a library IMO

With no news on rail seating been introduced when plenty of other clubs already have or have announced plans to do so the atmosphere shows no sign of improving IMO

This isn't a problem at the lane the majority of grounds now resemble a library

Would there be an appetite for it ? we could be called the Bramall lane Ultras for example

No interest in Sheffield apparently and every one frowns at the thought of a drum creating a singing rhythm and improving the atmosphere
Strange but true, it definitely works at Derby, Reading, Boro etc

• Banned
No interest in Sheffield apparently and every one frowns at the thought of a drum creating a singing rhythm and improving the atmosphere
Strange but true, it definitely works at Derby, Reading, Boro etc

Boro's has been fantastic there is no reason why we cant do this on the KOP between the poles behind the net

Have noticed more and more and more that clubs are organising sections of the ground for fans to create an atmosphere Crystal palace been the most well known but plenty of other teams are doing it such as Huddersfield and Bristol I think

Been totally honest the atmosphere at the lane bar about 2 games has been akin to a library IMO

With no news on rail seating been introduced when plenty of other clubs already have or have announced plans to do so the atmosphere shows no sign of improving IMO

Would there be an appetite for it ? we could be called the Bramall lane Ultras for example

I'll sing when McBurnie scores

• Banned
I'll sing when McBurnie scores

Were people doing that last season ?

It would appear that some fans are more concerned about slagging Mcburnie or slagging what Oli Burke is wearing than actually going to the matches and singing

If the game is eventful and entertaining then that sets the atmosphere in the stands, cheering for nothing to create false sense of occasion, bit plastic mate.

What you're suggesting is a stand full of tangos, wank pig brass band types and tattooed South Coast bellringers in stupid hats who all set out to get attention from TV cameras rather than watch the game, I don't want any part of that for our club.

Let the teams on the pitch dictate the atmosphere weather negative or positive, let the players set the stage not the audience, nobody pays to see what the crowd are doing, except at Swillsboro 😂

I think it'd be a good idea. I don't think there's much chance of anything properly being created organically. It's a thing of the past, with the exception of the odd game.

Everywhere in Europe does it and it helps to create a better atmosphere.

If the game is eventful and entertaining then that sets the atmosphere in the stands, cheering for nothing to create false sense of occasion, bit plastic mate.

What you're suggesting is a stand full of tangos, wank pig brass band types and tattooed South Coast bellringers in stupid hats who all set out to get attention from TV cameras rather than watch the game, I don't want any part of that for our club.

Let the teams on the pitch dictate the atmosphere weather negative or positive, let the players set the stage not the audience, nobody pays to see what the crowd are doing, except at Swillsboro 😂
My own thoughts entirely and beautifully expressed if I may say so .

Hi Ricky

Jesus no! The thought of listening to some twat 50 yards away banging a drum so a group of spotty 15 year olds can sing different words to 'Just can't get enough' repetitively throughout the game is enough to send anyone's beer flat. Similarly that dreary dirge that seems to accompany the toy club that is Crystal Palace through 90 minutes is enough to send anyone for an early pint. And as for the daft huge banners on display at the City Ground (Garibaldi?, Rebel City?) last week, well words fail me. This ain't Schalke or Inter or Boca Juniors where knobheads can pretend to be gangsters. Lets stick to watching the game and be lifted by great moments, and plunged into despair by shite moments. The atmosphere will take care of itself. It doesn't need to be initiated by flag waving Palace types.....

Welcome back Ricky!

Atmosphere has gradually declined across football, not just at the lane.
I admire clubs who have fans that try to improve it. Palace fans do a great job, and last season I was surprised and impressed by quite a few clubs. Blackpool for example. They were superb when we visited. Our fans as usual waiting for the team to do summat before actually showing some support and encouragement.

I thought the atmosphere v Forest was outstanding, especially on the Kop. So if we just have play off matches against a bunch of tossers every week we'll be fine.

Safe standing should help a bit when we finally get round to it in 2062

Safe standing should help a bit when we finally get round to it in 2062
Has safe standing actually been implemented in any grounds in England, other than the token 100 "seats" or so that I think I've seen introduced at Celtc - which I know is not in England!

I'd like to see safe standing ASAP, that would massively help the atmosphere, I don't think it's as bad as some make out, the Lane has still been rocking this season at times, particularly in the last few months when more was on the games.

Has safe standing actually been implemented in any grounds in England, other than the token 100 "seats" or so that I think I've seen introduced at Celtc - which I know is not in England!

I'd like to see safe standing ASAP, that would massively help the atmosphere, I don't think it's as bad as some make out, the Lane has still been rocking this season at times, particularly in the last few months when more was on the games.
Every away game I’ve been to as been standing and safe. Every away team to come to the Lane have been standing and safe. Looks like it’s started. Or are we meaning the home fans?

Jeeez do we really want to become like those piggy twats in S6 with that ferking drum and trumpet. No for me.

It's much better to sit in total silence every week whilst we mock fans of other teams for actually organising something and vastly improving the atmosphere in the stadium.

As long as we're 4-0 up in the first 20 minutes, dominating the match, playing against local rivals with a big away following and all absolutely bladdered, then the atmosphere will take care of itself. It's that simple.

Dont think Bramall Lane is necessarily that conducive to a singing section. The closest thing we have is the top corner of the kop and although they do their best, the noise doesnt exactly travel that well.

It cant move further down either cause the siddarn brigade wont like that.

The family stand is…..well for families so unless we’re changing the words to “shoreham boys we are here catching your pokemon and eating your coco pops” then thats a non starter.

The best place is probably G and H block which gets a song or two going now and again and if there was anywhere that was going to be ‘organised’ that might be the best place. Although given its proximity to the away fans, SYP will put a stop to it before its even got going.

It's much better to sit in total silence every week whilst we mock fans of other teams for actually organising something and vastly improving the atmosphere in the stadium.

As long as we're 4-0 up in the first 20 minutes, dominating the match, playing against local rivals with a big away following and all absolutely bladdered, then the atmosphere will take care of itself. It's that simple.

You obviously miss the kick off every week.

Why do millions of posters on here have to exaggerate everything……

I vote for cardboard clackers and vuvuzelas.

Waydago Steel City Swords.

Not aimed at anyone in particular but if this cap fits then wear it.

Fan A Couldn’t get my seat for the PO SF. Fucking disgusting l’ve had it for years.

Also fan A - let’s move some of the sad bastards behind the Kop goal somewhere else. Non singers who are probably that anal they acted quickly and got their own seat for the POSF

Get it sorted Bettis. I just can’t get enough. Doo wah diddy, l saw three ships come sailing in, theme from Eastenders etc etc etc

Back
Top Bottom