Siege Mentality

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

idleurchin

Happy-Go-Lucky Nihilist
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,065
Reaction score
2,338
Location
Chesterfield
It's all seemingly going tits up isn't it?

No money (other than from sales), very limited transfer activity, court case, points deduction mooted and potential signings now referencing that potential points deduction (apparently).

Add to that a dour a 0-0 draw to kick off the season. Not much to get excited about, is there?

No. Not at the moment (in answer to my own question).

I just keep thinking that, with everything stacked against us, it could turn out to be one of those iconic seasons that we are privileged to enjoy every few years. A heroic cup run and/or a late surge into the playoffs - sort of thing. Maybe a player who's not yet been at the forefront of things has a blinder of a season too. Maybe more than one.

I'm not a huge CW fan or detractor, but I do think, given the situation that we're in, that all these factors may well bring out the best in him.

Perhaps, by the end of the transfer window, the squad looks stronger too.

It's too early for me to be drunk or high, before you ask. I'm old school, so it's got to be 12 before anything happens in that regard.
 



It's all seemingly going tits up isn't it?

No money (other than from sales), very limited transfer activity, court case, points deduction mooted and potential signings now referencing that potential points deduction (apparently).

Add to that a dour a 0-0 draw to kick off the season. Not much to get excited about, is there?

No. Not at the moment (in answer to my own question).

I just keep thinking that, with everything stacked against us, it could turn out to be one of those iconic seasons that we are privileged to enjoy every few years. A heroic cup run and/or a late surge into the playoffs - sort of thing. Maybe a player who's not yet been at the forefront of things has a blinder of a season too. Maybe more than one.

I'm not a huge CW fan or detractor, but I do think, given the situation that we're in, that all these factors may well bring out the best in him.

Perhaps, by the end of the transfer window, the squad looks stronger too.

It's too early for me to be drunk or high, before you ask. I'm old school, so it's got to be 12 before anything happens in that regard.
Not much to get excited about?

We’re on a Cup run!
 
It's all seemingly going tits up isn't it?

No money (other than from sales), very limited transfer activity, court case, points deduction mooted and potential signings now referencing that potential points deduction (apparently).

Add to that a dour a 0-0 draw to kick off the season. Not much to get excited about, is there?

No. Not at the moment (in answer to my own question).

I just keep thinking that, with everything stacked against us, it could turn out to be one of those iconic seasons that we are privileged to enjoy every few years. A heroic cup run and/or a late surge into the playoffs - sort of thing. Maybe a player who's not yet been at the forefront of things has a blinder of a season too. Maybe more than one.

I'm not a huge CW fan or detractor, but I do think, given the situation that we're in, that all these factors may well bring out the best in him.

Perhaps, by the end of the transfer window, the squad looks stronger too.

It's too early for me to be drunk or high, before you ask. I'm old school, so it's got to be 12 before anything happens in that regard.
Urchin, exactly what I am thinking. As a fanbase we have always 'performed best' when we've had our ba ks against the ball and adopted a siege mentality.

Let's face it before this 'wind up order'' and possible points deduction most of us were feeling flat and not really expecting anything from the season. The owners are wankers and there's the pro/anti Wilder debate going on. The season was looking like it might turn toxic with nothing to play for.

Stupidly a 12 pt deduction might do us a favour and give us something to rally round. It would result in a season where finishing 4th bottom would be a success. Bring it on I say !
 

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Back
Top Bottom