Match Thread Sheffield United v. Huddersfield Town - 21st August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
HUDD
HUDD
HUDD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629482504907.png v. 1629482510806.png
Championship Week 4 - Saturday 21st August 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-huddersfield-town.555/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 19.02.08.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

what a pile of shite we are once again,wilder spunking millions on shit.Then jumps ship tosser.midfield of slow midgets apart from one slow giant sissy. then ya go up top wi the worst strikers in our history for the amount spent. mcburnie pot legs and brewster bad boy rap star gangster wanna be. we are in deep shit. . and a manager that dosnt like the look of our young uns. relegation here we come, mind you we might win 1 0r 2 in the pub league. disgusting cowards we,ve become .the quicker we transition to a new match day squad the better. get new players in add youth and the best out of a bad bunch and maybe we,ll get mid table. persist wi this squad go down. over n out

RND looked positive today, a back 4 of him, Davies, Egan and Bogle is probably our best defensive unit. Move Berge back to his more natural position in the middle of the midfield in front of the back 4, he was always intended to be a long term replacement for Norwood, well the time to replace him is now. Bring in a couple of midfielders to play either side of and just ahead of Berge. Slav has tended toward a front 3 and I think our forwards could manage that given time but a wide attacking player or two if we could stretch to in will help them out. If we can make these kinds of changes I think we have a chance of starting to look like a reasonable team again.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

No idea, but a strong manager wouldn't let the chairman dictate which players join or pick players for his squad. If McBurnie was a Prince Pick, then that's two who Wilder let the Prince pick (I think Berge was picked by the Prince too) who have turned out to be dog shit.

Wilder should have said "they're shit, I want to sign ......" instead and insisted on it.
Zzzzzzz Bore off you clown

That picture alone should tell SJ everything he needs to know. Fragile, feeling hard done by and not taking individual responsibility. What on earth are those 3 knobbers doing around the semi circle?
I mean it came from Egan pressing at first, which was the right thing to do, but it left an empty space in the middle of the defence and no one had the brains and desire to pick up their men, common knowledge for a player to come out from a set piece with their men, poor from all.

Cec Coldwell
Cec Coldwell..
His name rang around the ground during a great 8 match run in the 70s when he was caretaker manager.
Love to hear that, didn't get to here too many stories from him as we lost him when i was fairly young, but from what i heard he contributed everything to the club and the fans appreciated him

Love to hear that, didn't get to here too many stories from him as we lost him when i was fairly young, but from what i heard he contributed everything to the club and the fans appreciated him
Had to write. Watched Cec for many seasons; always a gentleman player who knew when and how to be tough. Strong man out there and a perfect choice for captain.Alongside Graham Shaw, Brian Richardson and Joe Shaw, with Hodgy behind, what better bunch of heroes could a young lad have watched every couple of weeks? Wonderful memories of a golden age when the squad hardly changed across many seasons and your grandad made that '2 shirt' his own!

Brewster didnt make any runs fella, didnt give the midfield any passing options.
Sharp had more touches, made more runs and scored a strikers goal in the short period of time he was on the pitch. Brewster made no runs, hardly touched the ball and never looked like scoring the whole time he was in the pitch. This is a recurring theme, not a one off

Regardless of the reffing decisions, there's no excuse for not marking your man, McB and Norwood hang your heads in shameView attachment 119394

As my kids coach keeps saying "play to the whistle".

The above looks like two players doing the YMCA, 23/10 are belting out a Frank Sinatra number. (yeah I know its Osborne and Sharp) Berge is it looks like he is applauding and whoever it is on the floor crying into the grass.

Fleck cannot start again. Surely Freeman has to replace him. I have heard people in the stands, on the street, on the radio etc, all saying the same.
I know we aren’t seeing what happens in training every day and we aren’t professional footballers / coaches but we are experts in Sheffield united between us and it’s fucking obvious.
We looked more comfortable at 3-5-2 today and bossed possession but the majority was possession in our own half. We need to work them 30 metres further up the park.
Last time we were In this division, we passed teams off the park but the passing was in and around their box. Teams are pressing us 20 metres further up the pitch and just allow us to fuck about with in on our half before spanking us on the break. It’s not even ‘working’ them, we pass across the back and teams (WBA apart) let us do it without chasing us about.

Back
Top Bottom