Match Thread Sheffield United v. Huddersfield Town - 21st August 2021

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SUFC
SUFC
SUFC

Final

Final
Final
HUDD
HUDD
HUDD
Status
Ratings for this match closed
  • Admin
1629482504907.png v. 1629482510806.png
Championship Week 4 - Saturday 21st August 2021 - 15:00 - Bramall Lane

Please keep all discussion related to the match within this thread.

Matchday Stats/Player Ratings - https://www.s24su.com/forum/match-day/match/sheffield-united-vs-huddersfield-town.555/

Officials:

Referee:
Michael Salisbury
Assistant Referee: Wade Smith
Assistant Referee: Philip Dermott
Fourth Official: Geoff Eltringham

Coverage:

Follow via S24SU Twitter
: https://twitter.com/s24su

Need a VPN? - https://www.s24su.com/forum/threads/vpn-usage.87094/

📺
Live TV Coverage
:

Screenshot 2021-08-20 at 19.02.08.png

SUTV Live - https://live.sufc.co.uk/

Last edited:

Absolute frauds. This team is just continuing the terrible form from last season, we need major changes.

Nothing is ever going to change until baldock, egan, norwood, fleck and didzy are out of our team. Spineless

Slav has tried a suit ,he’s tried a tracksuit with tie. What does it take to win?

Actually feel for Slav, give me pelters or a shit load of them angry emojis but Wilder has built this shit show, squandered a ridiculous amount of money on complete shite now the board are either reluctant to spend anymore or we have fuck all left to spend! We’re stuck with this shit and it’s not down to the new manger I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if he walks

Hi Stegosaurus

I agree. Wilder spaffed money up the wall on garbage.

Around 50 mil between them for McBurnie and Brewster.

Well, proof if ever needed that leaving it so late for a new manager has hampered any chance of bouncing back. Cannot score or keep a clean sheet, no organisation or urgency, scared and devoid of confidence it’s got relegation scrap all over it.

Owner and the rest of his cronies completely to blame, and no confidence they have the nous or intent to put it right.
This has been on the cards for 12 months and they have done f--k all apart from bringing in a center half on loan.

We are so fucking slow.

get fleck Norwood Berge Egan out of the fucking team.

jeddo has to start next week. Desperate for pace and willing runners up front

What little chance we had of getting Diallo, well after he reads this result there will be no chance. Same goes for probably others who may have been interested in joining us.

Struggling to even bring myself to waste thumb cells typing about those utter pathetic players.

They've let down 30k fans for 18 months now and some of these players are apparently on 50k a week.

Get some fresh players in NOW and maybe play someone that can actually create a chance. But whoopdidoo we got a goal

Manager still does not understand the strengths of his squad and is not motivating them. Has he lost the team? Do they believe in him?

The time has come
We've got £24 million for Ramsdale, normally that would be more than enough for a team being relegated from the Premier League with extra parachute payments to get a team ready for the Championship.

But as I said the time has come.
McBurnie £7 million, somebody will pay it, somebody will think they can get the best out of him, and they'll probably be right, but it isn't going to work here.
Brewster £10 million, somebody will pay it, same reason
Berge £17 million was being offered apparently, take it.

Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Robinson, release them all, pay them off.

Then give Slav some proper cash to make this team competitive, even in the Championship

The front line cant score, the midfield, well, I cant really comment because I haven't seen them for 12 months and the defence is a total freakin shambles, oh and we haven't got a league standard keeper, this has absolutely f all to do with the manager and to be brutally Frank it hasn't got a great deal to do with the owner as he has spent knocking on 60 million on this shower of shite, the players and only the players are the reason we are where we are.

Wasn't it the Prince who sanctioned McBurnie ?
Hi Stegosaurus here,

No idea, but a strong manager wouldn't let the chairman dictate which players join or pick players for his squad. If McBurnie was a Prince Pick, then that's two who Wilder let the Prince pick (I think Berge was picked by the Prince too) who have turned out to be dog shit.

Wilder should have said "they're shit, I want to sign ......" instead and insisted on it.

Well, that was disappointing but we were miles and miles better than we have been.

Davies and RND night and day from Robinson and Osborn, Davies actually takes the ball down and uses his feet.

Reminded me a bit of a poor Wilder performance, but a Wilder performance from when weren't wank, first season in the Championship.

Norwood's brain farts are fucking deadly, Fleck was better but still a pale imitation of the Fleck of a couple of seasons back, replace one or both preferably and I think we will improve.

Berge had a good game for me, bit wasteful as he tired.

Baldock needs swapping for Bogle because his end product is wank.

Foderingham doesn't fill me with confidence, I don't think he did anything awful apart from coming for that ball and being nowhere near it, but why get involved with the opponent's, did some fucking judo on one, and was miles out of his area and got lucky for another.

Disappointed as I said, but right now any designs on promotion are ridiculous and frankly if you expected us to breeze up the league you need help, this is a good step in our efforts to not be fucking awful.

Big week ahead in the window, time to get the fax machine and chequebook prepared.

The time has come
We've got £24 million for Ramsdale, normally that would be more than enough for a team being relegated from the Premier League with extra parachute payments to get a team ready for the Championship.

But as I said the time has come.
McBurnie £7 million, somebody will pay it, somebody will think they can get the best out of him, and they'll probably be right, but it isn't going to work here.
Brewster £10 million, somebody will pay it, same reason
Berge £17 million was being offered apparently, take it.

Norwood, Fleck, Osborn, Robinson, release them all, pay them off.

Then give Slav some proper cash to make this team competitive, even in the Championship
10m for brewster surely that's a joke, he's the leagues only playing mascot

It’s becoming evidently fucking clear that norwood and fleck are becoming a problem. Norwood did alright but we are a bunch of weak bastards in midfield. Fleck might aswell have sat next to me

Here we go, everyone blaming brewster and mcburnie. Mcburnie got the assist and Brewster didn’t get any service

Seems an odd one to single out, but i'm done with Baldock.

Blokes a coward, countless occasions he's 1v1 with there full back. Doesn't take responsibility or have the balls / ability to beat a man and creat something.

Cuts back and recycles. Repeat. If he does float a cross in its overhit or hits first man.

We don't play wide midfielders or wingers, so all the attacking down the riight flank comes through George.

He's just not good enough. Needs dropping immediately.

Seems an odd one to single out, but i'm done with Baldock.

Blokes a coward, countless occasions he's 1v1 with there full back. Doesn't take responsibility or have the balls / ability to beat a man and creat something.

Cuts back and recycles. Repeat. If he does float a cross in its overhit or hits first man.

We don't play wide midfielders or wingers, so all the attacking down the riight flank comes through George.

He's just not good enough. Needs dropping immediately.
He did a very slow lap clapping the crowd and was the last one out there on his own. Maybe he's off?

Back
Top Bottom