Pre-season 18/19 Sheffield United Preseason Friendly Fixtures 2018/2019

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's the traditional Sheffield United Pre-Season friendlies thread for the season 2018/2019.

As usual more pre-season fixtures and information will appear here as we're allowed/able to confirm! Keep checking back for edits. :)

July 2018

Friday 6th July - 19:45 - Tadcaster Albion v. Sheffield United - Development XI
TBC
Car Parking was available free of charge last time.

Friday 6th July - 19:30 - Stocksbridge Park Steels v. Sheffield United - 1st Team
Admission pay on the gate, cash only, £8 adults, £5 concessions and £2 for U12s.

8th July onwards - 1st team squad in Portugal

Monday 9th July - TBC - Maltby Main v. Sheffield United - Development XI
TBC

Wednesday 11th July - TBC - Portugal - Open training session

Thursday 12th July - 19:00 - Maritimo v. Sheffield United - Estádio Municipal da Bela Vista

We have been initially allocated 1,000 tickets for this fixture, priced £10 Adults and £5 Juniors (U16).

A further allocation maybe available if necessary.

At present this game is ALL ticket for Blades Supporters.

Tickets will go on sale at 9am on Friday 8th June, 1 ticket per supporter.
Now free of charge and not ticketed

Saturday 14th July - 15:00 - Handsworth Parramore v. Sheffield United - Development XI
TBC

Monday 16th July - TBC - Santa Lucia v. Sheffield United - U23
TBC

Tuesday 17th July - 19:30 - Bradford City v. Sheffield United
TBC

Friday 20th July - 19:30 - Frickley Athletic v. Sheffield United - Development XI

Saturday 21st July - 15:00 - Mansfield Town v. Sheffield United
TBC

Saturday 21st July - 15:00 - Worksop Town v. Sheffield United - Development XI
TBC

Tuesday 24th July - 19:30 - Sheffield United v. Inter Milan
Tickets are priced at £12 adults, £7 concessions, £5 juniors.

Please note: The Kop, South Stand and Family Stand are available for this game to home supporters.

Only one ticket per customer number is now permitted.

Wednesday 25th July - 19:30 - Sheffield United Futures v. Maltby Main
TBC

Wednesday 25th July - 19:30 - Whitby Town Challenge. Cup - Middlesbrough v. Sheffield United
£10 adults, £6 Concessions, £3 U18s though supporters can access a special early bird ticket which covers all four games of the cup, costing just £20 adults, £12 concessions and £6 under-18s. Under-18s accompanied by a paying adult will be allowed free entry.

Friday 27th July - 19:45 - Doncaster Rovers v. Sheffield United
TBC

Friday 27th July - TBC - Shelley FC v. Sheffield United - Development XI
TBC

Saturday 28th July - 13:30 or 17:00 - Whitby Town Challenge. Cup - Hull City or Whitby Town v. Sheffield United
£10 adults, £6 Concessions, £3 U18s though supporters can access a special early bird ticket which covers all four games of the cup, costing just £20 adults, £12 concessions and £6 under-18s. Under-18s accompanied by a paying adult will be allowed free entry.

Tuesday 31st July - 19:45 - Hallam FC v. Sheffield United - Development XI
TBC

Monday 6th August - 19:45 - West Brom v. Sheffield United - Development XI
TBC

Last edited:

Foxy - Do you have any idea where is Portugal? South / North? I am hoping for south, around Albuferia as its only a 3 and a half hour drive.....

Am I right in thinking the last few decent clubs we’ve played ore-season have gone on to be relegated that season? Newcastle, Stoke & I think Malaga have dropped in the last 2 years.

That Whitby challenge cup looks alright. First few days of the school holidays. Seaside location. Lots of good pubs. Trenchers fish and chips, and free tickets for u18s.

I could be up for that.

I heard a rumour we have a big british team on the 24th. Who do you think they are. Although theyll be brave because in recent years we seem to be big curse. I think dundee newcastle & stoke have all been relegated after playing us at bramall lane & derby promotion favourites never even made the play offs

That Whitby challenge cup looks alright. First few days of the school holidays. Seaside location. Lots of good pubs. Trenchers fish and chips, and free tickets for u18s.

I could be up for that.

I went to this competition last year, purely accidentally. Me and the other half were in Whitby for the weekend and there were Celtic fans everywhere, I wondered what was going on. Turned out they played Newcastle.

We ended up walking up to watch Whitby Town play AZ Alkmaar the following night; it was a bit more feisty than I anticipated and ended up going to pens!

We'll probably book to go up again this time :)

When will Portugal actually be confirmed? I’ve heard 1 date mentioned in particular a couple of times. I’ve booked digs (can cancel for nowt).

See that them others have binned Portugal this preseason. Probably making it more likely that we could have our camp there this season

8th July, for roughly a week.

8-15th. Sunday - sunday. Game likely to be played on the Friday night... come home Saturday dinner time. Get me away from this place for a few days

What do you want to know? Its going to be in Portugal, Albuferia. Squad are travelling out on the 8th of July for around a week. Games have not been confirmed yet, when they are, the club will announce the important information such as when the open training session is and when the game is and against who.
Nothings been confirmed yet. As is usual.

And as for what I want to know. The game. I don’t want to watch us train. I don’t want a week in the Algarve. I want to try and plan things around work and family with more than 4 weeks notice. That’d be nice.

And as for what I want to know. The game. I don’t want to watch us train. I don’t want a week in the Algarve. I want to try and plan things around work and family with more than 4 weeks notice. That’d be nice.

Same here pal. Me and a few others want to know what day the game is on. We can’t go for the week, ideally Thursday-sunday (that’s if the game is on that end of the week). As soon as we know what day the game is we can sort it out.

Same here pal. Me and a few others want to know what day the game is on. We can’t go for the week, ideally Thursday-sunday (that’s if the game is on that end of the week). As soon as we know what day the game is we can sort it out.
Same every year. I usually do a flag for any pre-season trips abroad. I’m edging towards an “MI5 Blades”-themed design this year.

Same every year. I usually do a flag for any pre-season trips abroad. I’m edging towards an “MI5 Blades”-themed design this year.

There was a flag from the 80’s (looks it anyway) that said ‘MUTHA-FUCKIN BLADES’ on it. St George’s Cross thing. That needs a modern look to it

Just relax GallonofMagnet . "Planning things around work and family ...."
I've got to organise someone's Dad. Tell him what flights to get, make sure he's got milk for his tea. Last year, when we flew to Malaga, he had to go back to the car at Leeds Airport as he'd got to security with two penknives in his pocket. That, mate, is real stress....

I've got to organise someone's Dad. Tell him what flights to get, make sure he's got milk for his tea. Last year, when we flew to Malaga, he had to go back to the car at Leeds Airport as he'd got to security with two penknives in his pocket. That, mate, is real stress....

You going to Albuferia Phil? I think I still owe you a beer, or 2...

You think that’s stress?! When we were going to Malaga last year (7am flight) I told my dad who was driving to pick me up at 3:45 latest (he drives real slow). He arrived 50 minutes late with the fuckin bonnet up “oil lights on”. He then did 48mph on the motorway at one point, Ignored the sat nav costing us another 20 mi utes and got collared at security because he had razors in his hand luggage that he didn’t declare despite saying “I packed it myself”.

I had to absolutely wallop my obligatory 2 pints down

You think that’s stress?! When we were going to Malaga last year (7am flight) I told my dad who was driving to pick me up at 3:45 latest (he drives real slow). He arrived 50 minutes late with the fuckin bonnet up “oil lights on”. He then did 48mph on the motorway at one point, Ignored the sat nav costing us another 20 mi utes and got collared at security because he had razors in his hand luggage that he didn’t declare despite saying “I packed it myself”.

I had to absolutely wallop my obligatory 2 pints down
I feel your pain Brother ....

FFS he sounds like a right nuisance. They’re stress levels I could most certainly do without!

Back
Top Bottom