Sheffield United "fans" wembley ecstasy overshadowed by financial woes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wembley ecstasy? Let’s actually win a game there first shall we. That place is a fuckin graveyard for us.

Yeah it’s a day out, but we’ve been there and done it with getting to semi finals. We wanna see our team get to a major cup final, something no Blade has seen in living memory.

Last 55 years
Major matches at neutral venues , cup semi-finals & PO finals
93, 98, 03, 03, 09, 12, 14 , total 7
defeats 7 , wins 0 , goals scored 3
8th time lucky ?
Hmm ... 🤔
It will be very interesting to see how many have the stomach for this trip
Overshadowed by
Crucial importance of finishing 2nd in Championship coz chances of PO success negligible (at least 6 failures & no successes)
Another distraction from league & chance of injury
Recent erosion of the Boro gap
Questionable how we drew City
Exclusion of Doyle & McAtee
Potential effect on morale of heavy defeat
Next month's semi-final has a strangely unappealing feel about it

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I heard in the grapevine a rumor that McDonald's is looking to copy what Red Bull is doing and buy some sports teams to promote the brand--you know, like how Red Bull bought Salzburg and Leipzig, and Sheffield United is one of the team's they are looking at buying.

It could definitely help us out. I say changing our name to McDonald's Sheffield and changing the kit colour to red and yellow is worth it for financial security.

I'm ecstatic that we get to be fodder for Man City and have our crucial league run in butchered as a bonus

Hi Stegosaurus here,

I heard in the grapevine a rumor that McDonald's is looking to copy what Red Bull is doing and buy some sports teams to promote the brand--you know, like how Red Bull bought Salzburg and Leipzig, and Sheffield United is one of the team's they are looking at buying.

It could definitely help us out. I say changing our name to McDonald's Sheffield and changing the kit colour to red and yellow is worth it for financial security.

Username checks out.

Last 55 years
8th time lucky ?
Hmm ... 🤔
Overshadowed by
Crucial importance of finishing 2nd in Championship coz chances of PO success negligible (at least 6 failures & no successes)
Who could forget the Palace debacle in 97? 😫😃

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Hi Gaini Blade here

How about a Fallowfield style homage like 'Stegosaurus team not to nialate Norwich?'

Last 55 years
8th time lucky ?
Hmm ... 🤔
Overshadowed by

You've missed one out.

1997. Lost to Crystal Palace in the Play Off final.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

It’s “on” the grapevine. Or in this case, it isn’t.

Looks like they did all the interviews in a 3 metre radius.

Hi Stegosaurus here,

You’ve been missed, greatest poster since Genghis

Hi Stegosaurus here,

Mousset will be gutted he didn't try harder for that new contract.......

Last 55 years
8th time lucky ?
Hmm ... 🤔
Overshadowed by
You can go back to since the war.
1961 FA cup semi final, 2 draws and a loss to Leicester. 3 attempts all failures.

Failed to win last 7 FA cup semi finals
61,61,61,93,98,03,14......against Leicester, Wednesday, Newcastle, Arsenal, Hull
so regards FA cup semi finals it's 8th time lucky.

Failed to win last 2 league cup semi finals
03,25....against Liverpool and Spurs

Failed to win last 4 play-off finals
97, 03, 09,12....against Crystal Palace, Wolves, Burnley and Huddersfield

That's 13 consecutive big game failure to win......the Man City game will be 14th time lucky,

Last 55 years
8th time lucky ?
Hmm ... 🤔
Overshadowed by
Beat Champions League Spurs with our reserve team.

It's a high profile game with absolutely zero pressure for a result. Good exposure for Sheff Utd before (hopefully) returning to the top tier with all the exposure that brings.

Yeah it’s a day out, but we’ve been there and done it with getting to semi finals. We wanna see our team get to a major cup final, something no Blade has seen in living memory.
One of those guys hasn't been to Wembley. New glory supporter maybe?!

Beat Champions League Spurs with our reserve team.

It's a high profile game with absolutely zero pressure for a result. Good exposure for Sheff Utd before (hopefully) returning to the top tier with all the exposure that brings.

Agree....when we are underdogs we ALWAYS seem to play well. Also we seem to be really good this season at parking the bus.
Wouldn't surprise me if we give them a tough game but still confident we'll lose by 1 or 2 goals.
Might even concede a controversial penalty, would be so typical.

Can just imagine us gaining a moral victory with our fans being proud of our display but.......we still lose.

You can go back to since the war.
1961 FA cup semi final, 2 draws and a loss to Leicester. 3 attempts all failures.

Failed to win last 7 FA cup semi finals
61,61,61,93,98,03,14......against Leicester, Wednesday, Newcastle, Arsenal, Hull
so regards FA cup semi finals it's 8th time lucky.

Failed to win last 2 league cup semi finals
03,25....against Liverpool and Spurs

Failed to win last 4 play-off finals
97, 03, 09,12....against Crystal Palace, Wolves, Burnley and Huddersfield

That's 13 consecutive big game failure to win......the Man City game will be 14th time lucky,
Spoiler alert !

Last 55 years
8th time lucky ?
Hmm ... 🤔
Overshadowed by
I think its worth separating our cup semi final record from our play off record.

The play off thing is bizarre and a statistical outlier. In every play off final we've been favourites and finished above the team we've lost to. I wonder what odds you would have had on it as an accumulator between 97 and 2012. We've also put in a woeful half awake performance every time and not scored a single goal.

In the Cup semi finals (both FA and League) we've been underdogs every time, and will be again in April. In every one, perhaps bar Newcastle, we've given it a good go but been beaten by a team one division or more higher (excluding the pigs in 93).

I don't see how anybody who can couldn't want to attend this game to be honest. Absolutely nothing to lose. Even if we get beat 6/7 - 0 we are hardly the first side Man City have done that to in the last few years. In the grand scheme of things it will only register with bitter Blackburn fans or supporters of Sheffield's forgotten club who would have killed to have opportunity to be turned over by Man City on the big stage.

Back
Top Bottom