Sharps role this season.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

dillis

Reaction score
What do we think? I can’t see him featuring much once Oli gets back fit but I’ve been wrong before. Still a big asset off the bench at this level

What I think is that Oli has already fallen down the pecking order and will be frustrated by his lack of minutes in to time at all.

Come back to me in a few weeks / months to humiliate my lack of foresight 😉.

UTB.

He'll end up the main man after a various cameos having to prove himself.

Training brewster to hit Diane abbot's arse with an acoustic guitar

Cemented as a club legend as he captains the club to a third promotion. In terms of minutes on the pitch who knows he’ll have to fight his way past a few others but he’ll really fancy doing the above and improving his standing in the all time goals scoring list.
Head says the club will focus on younger options who will be the medium term future of the club heart says he’ll live the dream once again.

Last edited:
Cemented as a club legend as he captains the club to a second promotion. In terms of minutes on the pitch who knows he’ll have to fight his way past a few others but he’ll really fancy doing the above and improving his standing in the all time goals scoring list.
Head says the club will focus on younger options who will be the medium term future of the club heart says he’ll live the dream once again.
no doubt he will be on the bench for most of this season but what an asset to be able to bring on when you need a goal think he knows this is his last season with us as a player and i think he will be giving it everything hes got when called upon

I want the guy as involved as his fitness allows him to be. Hes a real asset on and off the pitch. If he feels fit enough then he should be involved.

In the next few years I hope he would like to be involved in the coaching set up somehow, but for now im sure hes just focused on showing the new gaffer what hes all about.

Won't start every game but will play enough to score 10+ goals and take the 'leading goal scorer in the championship' title.

yes i fancy hes still capable of 10 to 12 goals at this level even from the bench and those goals could be vital

Agree, no need to write him off yet.

Physically, he's actually got better each year since re-joining. It's obvious he takes that element very seriously and trains/diets. As we know he isn't someone that ever relied on one outstanding quality anyway, so I don't see any reason he can't be as effective as last time we were in this division. Aside from the manager picking other players of course.

Agree, no need to write him off yet.

Physically, he's actually got better each year since re-joining. It's obvious he takes that element very seriously and trains/diets. As we know he isn't someone that ever relied on one outstanding quality anyway, so I don't see any reason he can't be as effective as last time we were in this division. Aside from the manager picking other players of course.
he knows hes not going to be in the starting line up for most of this season but i think he will relish his role of coming off the bench and pinching us goals plus a fantastic club player to rally the troops if were in trouble

He is still the best striker we have, regardless of that, hes a Blade, starts every match for me

Is he fit? Wasn’t on the bench last week. I’d like to see him feature and contribute this season

Hasn't sharp said Brewster is the best finisher he's seen? It's alright doing it in training though, we're all still waiting to see it.
Yeah I think you're right. Daft lad just needs to get it done on the pitch, I've no doubt he will get some this season though if our Billy is showing him where the onion bag is.

Depends. If Slav style is push push push, get it in the box, Billy being there to whack it in the onion bag might be what's needed.

Hasn't sharp said Brewster is the best finisher he's seen? It's alright doing it in training though, we're all still waiting to see it.
wonder if billy has been asked to work with brewster ? i had all but given up on him at the end of last season he just played like he didnt want to be here but just maybe 1 goal is all thats needed to get him going big first 3 months for him at the club make or break time

A packed BDTBL, the assistant ref picks up his board and starts feeding the numbers in, the crowd rise to their feet as they see Billy Sharp walk to pitch side, ready to come on. The noise level is going to be incredible.

What do we think? I can’t see him featuring much once Oli gets back fit but I’ve been wrong before. Still a big asset off the bench at this level
Top scorer.

A packed BDTBL, the assistant ref picks up his board and starts feeding the numbers in, the crowd rise to their feet as they see Billy Sharp walk to pitch side, ready to come on. The noise level is going to be incredible.

Unless we're 3-0 down with 5 minutes to go, then there'll be nobody left to see him come on

Think he’ll play the role he had under CW, be in charge of the dressing room and keeping an eye on all the players particularly the young one and making sure they all gel as a unit. Also expect him to be a link between the players and Slav. Think this role is very important.

Would you start him and sub him after 70-75 minutes or,....keep him on the bench till 70-75 minutes?.......I'd start him every week and sub him after hes done the damage.....no better finisher in the division....just provide him with the service....piss easy this management lark innit🤣

Back
Top Bottom