Sharp swap deal

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

cash in on sharp back to scunny, sign lupoli to play with ward.

Even when we boot it up wardy wins more headers than hendo because hendo usually fouls defender

I think it's a massive shame we haven't seen Billy play in the "rejuvenated" Blades team (post James Beattie). I reckon he'd have done a lot better with on-form wingers on the pitch.

I think it's a massive shame we haven't seen Billy play in the "rejuvenated" Blades team (post James Beattie). I reckon he'd have done a lot better with on-form wingers on the pitch.

I see it as a massive relief

I think the same as he seemed to be plaed in a winger role instead of a striker role.

I agree! He was quality at Hull in the cup. Unlucky not to have had a penalty too.

I just can't see Sharp scoring enough goals at this level.

8 goals in 51 league appearances (38 starts) is not bad luck in my opinion.

Lol I just found this on a Dirty forum...
Me thinks they are still a little deluded up there.

This could spice things up. The Blunts have put Kyle Naughton up for sale. Valued at £2.5m -£5m
This would be a great straight swap with Beckford.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...emand-defender-kyle-naughton-115875-21405358/

He's only 20 yr old, but potential England right back of the future. I really want this one!

Him and Snodgrass down the right could be a combo that will go all the way to premiership level.

LOL found an even better one.....

My OCD got the better of me, so I had to look into the possible Beckford replacements in depth. Then I had to rank them. The good news is that there are plenty out there. Here's my analysis - in reverse order:

12. Michael Mifsud, Coventry CCC 2 goals in 22 starts(out of contract – FREE) 28 yrs . Born Malta. Too small, too few goals.

11. Alan Smith, Newcastle EPL 0 goals in 3 starts, 28 yrs, Born Leeds. Not an out and out goalscorer. Problems with current £60k wage.

10. Tommy Smith, Watford CCC 17 goals in 43 starts, 28 yrs, Born Hemel Hempstead. Probably too old to make his first move.

9. Danny Graham, Carlisle L1 15 goals in 39 starts, 23 yr old. Born Gateshead. Less goals than Becchio this season but in a poor side, and wants a move.

8. Nicky Bailey, Charlton CCC 13 goals in 43 starts, aged 24. Born Hammersmith. In a poor side. Should translate to 25+ in L1.

7. Kevin Doyle, Reading CCC 18 goals in 40 starts , 25 yrs Born Ireland. Coppell has gone, parachute payment stopped. Could be time for a change.

6. Rob Hulse, Derby CCC 15 goals in 42 starts, 29 yrs. Born Crewe. Good Leeds connection, could he be Lee Chapman in disguise?

5. Billy Sharp, Sheffield Utd, 6 goals in 21 starts, 23 yrs. Born Sheffield Possible part exchange with Beckford. Out performed Beckford at Scunthorpe in L1 with 30 goals in the season. All depends on why last season's performance was so poor.

4. Dexter Blackstock, QPR CCC 13 goals in 32 starts, while on loan to Nottingham Forest. Age 22yrs. Born Oxford. This should translate to 30+ in L1

3. Ricky Lambert, Bristol Rovers L1 29 goals in 43 starts, 26 yr old. Born Liverpool. One of only two strikers to outperform Becks in L1 this season. Peterboro have offered £1.5m, Coventry and Huddersfield also chasing him. I think this is the most likely Beckford replacement.

2. Simon Cox, Swindon L1 29 goals in 45 starts, age 21yrs. Born Reading. Proven at this level, and still very young. But Chairman says would never sell to another L1 club

1. Ross McCormack, Cardiff CCC 21 goals in 32 starts, 22 yrs, Born Glasgow. 66% strike rate at CCC should produce 40+ goals in L1. Good Scottish connection at Leeds. But said to be very happy at Cardiff and currently negotiating a contract extension. Wish Ruberry represented him.

Which joke website did you say you got this from? Lmao! There a bigger joke than "taken over by quadzillionaires" wendy fans lol

Yeah, phew, thank the lord we haven't seen our £2m signing play in a style that would suit him.

James Beattie never played in a style that suited him, yet he still managed a good scoring ratio.

Sharp has been given enough chances, we shouldn't have to build a team around a league one player. If he was any good he would have been able to adapt to another system.

James Beattie never played in a style that suited him, yet he still managed a good scoring ratio.

Sharp has been given enough chances, we shouldn't have to build a team around a league one player. If he was any good he would have been able to adapt to another system.
James Beattie is a seasoned pro with a wealth of experience who has accumulated £millions in transfers and demands over £30k a week.

All I said was it would be good to see Sharp playing in the current line-up / system - not to build a team around him!

James Beattie is a seasoned pro with a wealth of experience who has accumulated £millions in transfers and demands over £30k a week.

All I said was it would be good to see Sharp playing in the current line-up / system - not to build a team around him!

Agreed. When BT was here it seemed all we did was ass kiss, no wonder he wanted to stay, I think that's why we played better without him as other players were unsettled by his enormous wages and ass kissingness LOL

Sharp for me, wouldn't fit in to the current system anyway because he has no pace.

If we were to get Lupoli I'd pick him every time over Sharp.

They think that we would swap Naughton for Beckford?! I think they need to stop sniffing glue.

Sharp for me, wouldn't fit in to the current system anyway because he has no pace.

Know what you mean but for me, it's balls out wide and into the box where Sharp could do damage.

Know what you mean but for me, it's balls out wide and into the box where Sharp could do damage.

Maybe, but for somebody with such a poor ratio he'd be on his way if he wasn't a United fan.

Webber got slated to shit this season by the majority, and has a 1 in 4 ratio for us in the league since joining with around a quarter of games on the wing.

Sharp is around 1 in 7, and regardless of the style of play he should be doing better. It's not as if he hasn't had the chances when he's played either, because he's missed ALOT of chances.

The current system seems to be lumping the ball up to a front man and hoping for the best. You don't need pace to play in that system. Shipps and the Chief will tell you that. Hendo's hardly Linford Christie is he?

Sharp plays a similar game to Michael Owen (don't laugh, I know there's a little gulf in quality!!) but Sharp has scored most his goals in and around the six yard box. He's a sniffer. If we started getting some decent balls into the box from wide then I think he would profit. While ever we bypass midfield or just lump the ball high into the box Sharp is gonna get nada. We need to get some width, on both flanks, and put consistently good balls across and into the box.

The current system seems to be lumping the ball up to a front man and hoping for the best. You don't need pace to play in that system. Shipps and the Chief will tell you that. Hendo's hardly Linford Christie is he?

Sharp plays a similar game to Michael Owen (don't laugh, I know there's a little gulf in quality!!) but Sharp has scored most his goals in and around the six yard box. He's a sniffer. If we started getting some decent balls into the box from wide then I think he would profit. While ever we bypass midfield or just lump the ball high into the box Sharp is gonna get nada. We need to get some width, on both flanks, and put consistently good balls across and into the box.

The thing is, you need at least one striker with pace. He's either going to be on his own up top not winning a header, or alongside Henderson and not being able to get in behind because he can't run (and is probably offside :D).

He works hard, and he wears his heart on his sleeve, but in my opinion he's not good enough for a team that wants to get into the Premier. He'd be better off at somebody like Doncaster, Barnsley or the likes for me.

The thing is, you need at least one striker with pace. He's either going to be on his own up top not winning a header, or alongside Henderson and not being able to get in behind because he can't run (and is probably offside :D).

He works hard, and he wears his heart on his sleeve, but in my opinion he's not good enough for a team that wants to get into the Premier. He'd be better off at somebody like Doncaster, Barnsley or the likes for me.

swansea could be a good team for him to fit into.

Back
Top Bottom