Self Isolating

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

govt need to pull their finger out about isolating, we seem to be both shitting it about covid but also going for herd immunity. FA and govt need to come up with protocol to avoid fixture cancellation (ie stop isolating after 3 days with 3 negative tests or something along those lines)

What about when Gilmour got covid, none of the Scotland team and only two of the England team had to isolate due to having a chat with Gilmour for 10 mins, yet all the players and Gilmour were on the pitch for a lot longer then 10 bastard minutes, it’s fucking stupid when they’re tested every other day to make anyone isolate who is negative.

Why does it make a mockery if it ? We need to get on with our lives.
Broader picture, bigger than football. Revised precautions within the context of the changing national picture.

But that's maybe for the off-topic COVID threads mate, I won't sidetrack this thread. 👍🏻

We all know how important pre season training is. Players missing out often take ages to catch up. The whole squad missing out is nothing short of a disaster. Anyone hoping for a good start may well be disappointed.

What about when Gilmour got covid, none of the Scotland team and only two of the England team had to isolate due to having a chat with Gilmour for 10 mins, yet all the players and Gilmour were on the pitch for a lot longer then 10 bastard minutes, it’s fucking stupid when they’re tested every other day to make anyone isolate who is negative.
It wasnt ten minutes it was more like fourty they were actually allowed fifteen minutes close contact but chose to ignore that

It wasnt ten minutes it was more like fourty they were actually allowed fifteen minutes close contact but chose to ignore that
I didn’t know that Frank, a bit silly from them two then nonetheless but the rules are a bit skewed and are not consistent enough.

My point still stands though that if people are tested often enough and test negative they should be allowed to carry on doing what they want to, obvious exceptions apart.

What is almost certain, is that we're just the first club to make headlines this pre-season (I believe?), and we won't be the last.

I didn’t know that Frank, a bit silly from them two then nonetheless but the rules are a bit skewed and are not consistent enough.

My point still stands though that if people are tested often enough and test negative they should be allowed to carry on doing what they want to, obvious exceptions apart.

A few PCR tests yeah. For a football club that should be doable, but you have to wait for a while for the result.

LFTs aren't much cop unless you're symptomatic, so if they let them play based on an LFT they could end up infecting the rest of the squad and then you're really in the shit.

I wonder if "faces a late covid test" will become part of the football lexicon this season.

A few PCR tests yeah. For a football club that should be doable, but you have to wait for a while for the result.

LFTs aren't much cop unless you're symptomatic, so if they let them play based on an LFT they could end up infecting the rest of the squad and then you're really in the shit.

I wonder if "faces a late covid test" will become part of the football lexicon this season.
I thought lateral flows were alright if you were asymptomatic. Good for monitoring but shit for actual diagnosis.

Were burke and verrips not already isolating when we played europa point - why do the whole team have to now?

Saw Billy, George and Ben O. in the gym yesterday, I'm guessing they didn't travel to spain as it looks like they were doing promotional stuff for the kit launch?

The club have already come out and said the sun article is inaccurate, but haven't said anything more specific. I don't think it's a bad as it sounded.

Saw Billy, George and Ben O. in the gym yesterday, I'm guessing they didn't travel to spain as it looks like they were doing promotional stuff for the kit launch?

Baldock and Osborn both played in the Europa Point game.

Fairly sure I saw Billy on the training footage too.

Well like Scarebus says then, sounds like the Sun are blowing things out of proportion (not like them!)

I have no doubt that they are, not that I've seen the article... is it linked anywhere? Had a look but can't see it.

Edit: Just found it on Nixon's twitter feed.

I thought lateral flows were alright if you were asymptomatic. Good for monitoring but shit for actual diagnosis.

I think LFTs work best at peak viral load, I might be wrong with the symptomatic thing, maybe you can be at peak viral load and not have symptoms.

What about when Gilmour got covid, none of the Scotland team and only two of the England team had to isolate due to having a chat with Gilmour for 10 mins, yet all the players and Gilmour were on the pitch for a lot longer then 10 bastard minutes, it’s fucking stupid when they’re tested every other day to make anyone isolate who is
What is almost certain, is that we're just the first club to make headlines this pre-season (I believe?), and we won't be the last.
No we aren’t look at Birmingham City that will put it into perspective

Back
Top Bottom