Incoming? Scott Hogan Permanent

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I was all up for signing Adams but I've just watched his compilation video for the first half of the season; what's the best I can say about him? He has an eye for capitalising on mistakes.

I would be surprised to see us sign both Madine and Hogan. Of the two I would rather see Hogan sign.

If we can get Hogan Madine and Dowell for £10m it keeps the team spirit intact and we know what we will get from them.

Cheers Scott all the best but we should be looking at better players.

Been a great loan signing reckon he’d score 20 if he had a full season in the champ

Its a no from me. He has more pace than Billy but he doesn't have the strength and aggression that Billy has. I compare him to Billy because I couldn't see Wilder playing both Billy and Hogan. Personally, I'd prefer someone more creative and preferably with pace. A Danny Webber type as an example.

Adams is on record as dissing us as a little club and he wanted to go to a "bigger club". He has and had no respect for us, so JET can fuck off.

Adams is 22 years of age, he left us in 2016 so was a teenager at the time. Birmingham were a championship club we were a first division club.
If Adams comes back to us it will only be if Wilder and Knill want him to and are happy with his attitude, that would be good enough for me.

Shortly after he left us I got talking to some contractors who were doing some work at my house on behalf of the electricity supply company.
Turned out they were from Ilkeston and one of them was a coach at the club, his son who played for them turned up later. I asked them about Che and they both said that he was a good lad.

Right age right skill set and room for improvement. If Wilder says yes I'd be happy.

Hendo + 1
Hendo can bring his missis? Seriously if he’s one of our PL loaners is the +1 going to be Dowell? I think we would be more ambitious.

If we can get Hogan Madine and Dowell for £10m it keeps the team spirit intact and we know what we will get from them.
I think we need to be much more ambitious than those 3

Damn good call that, even with Madine part of the package, makes a lot of sense.

Madine is a very good centre-forward who has done an excellent job for us.

This infantile agenda is becoming tiresome.

No agenda from me, l have seen both of them play and believe that Hogan will have more to offer. Simples.

Hope we are not signing Hogan or Madine.
Sorry but if they and Billy and McGoldrick are our strikers next season we will definitely be playing Championship football in the 2020/21 season.
Sharp & McGoldrick deserve a chance in the Premiership but I would not waste money on Hogan & Madine. Whilst we will have probably more money to spend than ever before we still need to spend it wisely. Hogan & Madine will not be exactly cheap in fees and wages. So it's a thanks and Good luck guys from me.

Madine is a very good centre-forward who has done an excellent job for us.

This infantile agenda is becoming tiresome.

There is nothing infantile about contesting the fact that Gary Madine is a 'very good centre forward ' - the facts speak for themselves .

In the last four seasons , playing at Championship level or below , he has amassed a total of just 34 goals in over 150 appearances.

In the same period , William Louis Sharp who you have consistently written off as not being up to the task , and continue to do so , has scored over 100 .

In your defence , you have rightly pointed out that a number of the suggested signings on this forum would be more likely to get us relegated than to stay in the Premier League but in my opinion , Gary Madine fits exactly into that category .

There is nothing infantile about contesting the fact that Gary Madine is a 'very good centre forward ' - the facts speak for themselves .

In the last four seasons , playing at Championship level or below , he has amassed a total of just 34 goals in over 150 appearances.

In the same period , William Louis Sharp who you have consistently written off as not being up to the task , and continue to do so , has scored over 100 .

In your defence , you have rightly pointed out that a number of the suggested signings on this forum would be more likely to get us relegated than to stay in the Premier League but in my opinion , Gary Madine fits exactly into that category .

I think it's harsh to compare Madine's goal scoring with Madine. Firstly you're going back a while there with Madine and his Championship games; he's a much better player now than he was for Blackpool and Wednesday. Secondly, what Madine brings to a team is much more than his goals, which admittedly are less than Billy. Madine's linkup play is excellent and he creates goals and chances for others there. If he did come this summer he'd likely be used as a sub in the last 20/30 minutes to hold up the ball and be an outlet and a plan B. Yes it would be a more direct plan but it can work and I'm not suggesting we go Wimbledon for the last 30 minutes but it does allow a direct ball when time is running out or the opposition are pressing us.

If we can get Madine for £3m, maybe £4m tops, then I think that would be decent business.

Forget Hogan he's a busted flush ...

As for Maxine ..on loan as back up ...as a last resort..hardly set the championship alight when we were on top in games....hard to see him having much of an impact in the top league..as for £4 million for him ....forget that

Helped us last season but neither Hogan nor Madine were ever going to be realistic additions for the Prem.

They're trajectory since shows that.

Can we close this fucking link....

Hogan turned up and tossed it off for us ..his effort was embarrassing...

Hate even seeing his name even on this forum

Rant over

Hogan turned up and tossed it off for us ..his effort was embarrassing...

Nonsense. He played a minor but important role in a brilliant season, at a time Sharp was struggling with injury. Did well in the game at Hull, and obviously settled the nerves with a great finish vs Ipswich.

He did 9/10ths of fk all ..any striker would have contributed more in any circumstances ...

If unsure go back and review his effort in some games ...to save time I will point you specifically at the Brentford home game ...

A terrible example of somebody just picking up their wages ...IMHO... ( and he has previous )

Either way thank fk we didn’t sign him ..

Anyway onwards.....and a player to forget ..

Back
Top Bottom