Player Suggestion Sammie Szmodics

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Alfreton14Blade

Reaction score
Lots of clubs running the rule over him, allegedly. Championship, even prem clubs.

Very interesting player - converted into a no.10-type this season, & scoring lots of goals (some very decent. long-range ones). Previously a bustling, all-action type of midfielder, so I believe.

Remember him playing very well for Colchester (in the early stages of his career) when Chris Porter returned here with Colchester 2 or 3 seasons back.

Wonder if Paul Mitchell's keeping an eye on him?

http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/colches...-knows-that-scouts-are-watching-him-1-5315256

Could we really prise this lad away from his home town club,he's more likely to go to Ipswich,Norwich,Southend,Millwall.

Could we really prise this lad away from his home town club,he's more likely to go to Ipswich,Norwich,Southend,Millwall.

Yeah, they do seem to have a tradition of selling their prospects locally, don't they? No doubt Ipswich and Norwich know all their prospects inside out & will have been keeping tabs on the lad for a few years now.

He does seem to have taken off to a new level this season (& put recent injury problems behind him). Scored as many goals this season as in his previous four combined.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42396764

Goals from midfield would be a very welcome addition though (a novelty even).

Yeah, they do seem to have a tradition of selling their prospects locally, don't they? No doubt Ipswich and Norwich know all their prospects inside out & will have been keeping tabs on the lad for a few years now.

He does seem to have taken off to a new level this season (& put recent injury problems behind him). Scored as many goals this season as in his previous four combined.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42396764

Goals from midfield would be a very welcome addition though (a novelty even).
I think most players stay in the area because they're settled there. Maybe we could tempt him. Ipswich looks like the 'easy' option though.

I think most players stay in the area because they're settled there. Maybe we could tempt him. Ipswich looks like the 'easy' option though.

Yeah, true. I suppose, being positive, there's the recent case of George Moncur moving to Barnsley, so it could happen (theoretically that is - God knows if the club are actually interested in reality). But agreed, Ipswich would be the most likely move for him.

Yet again been brilliant the second half of the season for Col U, worth a look at? A massive step up no doubt and a big test, but a good age and a player very much in the Duffy image, personally think, at a low price he is worth a punt.

What’s happened to Alfreton Blade? I thought he was a good poster.

We can easily address height and physicality in January it we want to. A few of the championship expiring contracts provide good options

Szmodics looks lively tonight in Wrexham game, though probably out of our price bracket

Szmodics looks lively tonight in Wrexham game, though probably out of our price bracket
Considering Wilder said it's only a loan we are hoping to do and a premier league or equivalent level experienced player....

Another couple tonight from Sammy smalldicks I think Wilder should have a nibble.

Talk about clickbait in clear sight.
Szmodics would be an eye-catching signing for another club in the Championship but it seems more likely that he will move up to the top flight.
He’s grifting for clicks, but he’s not entirely making it up.
I’m sure at some point we’ve been looking at the player, just not now, but adding those 3 names to the article generates social media throughput.

Oh god I forgot how stupid the close season transfer rumours can be. Even the article says they want £12m plus!

Back
Top Bottom