Safe Standing

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1995Blade

Reaction score
I know this has been mentioned a lot on the forum so my apologies, but Jim Phipps tweeted this earlier

"Blades, @sammyboy94sheff's asks, Do you want to see safe standing implemented? Click2Vote http://bit.ly/1HVAZtF"

with 92% saying yes they would support it, will united get behind this, especially as it seems Jim is paying attention.http://bit.ly/1HVAZtF

personally, it would be great for atmosphere but I'm not really bothered either way, we all know the lane can be rocking with all seats so I won't be losing sleep over it.

thoughts?
http://bit.ly/1HVAZtF

Not interested in safe standing tbf, I know others are. Not for me.

Nothing quite like seeing a whole stand (so to speak) stand up when we score - stretches the legs as well ;)

I know this has been mentioned a lot on the forum so my apologies, but Jim Phipps tweeted this earlier

"Blades, @sammyboy94sheff's asks, Do you want to see safe standing implemented? Click2Vote http://bit.ly/1HVAZtF"

with 92% saying yes they would support it, will united get behind this, especially as it seems Jim is paying attention.

personally, it would be great for atmosphere but I'm not really bothered either way, we all know the lane can be rocking with all seats so I won't be losing sleep over it.

thoughts?
http://bit.ly/1HVAZtF

When the issue was consulted back in 2014 amongst FL clubs, we responded in support: http://www.s24su.com/forum/index.php?posts/570150/

I am for us having it because I think more than enough people will buy tickets for that area and it will probably help the atmosphere in the ground.

however my fat ass will be sat in my seat :)

In 2-3 years in division 4 it won't matter if you stand or sit there will be hardly anyone there.

I prefer standing at matches
It's the only benefit of being in the third division - that you can go to grounds where you can stand on terracing at a match.

Would love to have the option to stand at Bramall Lane - especially if it's priced properly.
I'd rather spend more money on the beer as a proportion to the comfort of my ass.

Safe standing , whenever I go at the back of the kop the back 6 to 10 rows are always stood up
expect the same on my return v Coventry
weve had it for years

stewards get you to sit again for 10 seconds , now and again

Two things will bring the atmosphere back at the lane.
Success and/or safe standing.
Seems Phipps might be leaning towards the cheaper and more likely option now.

Two things will bring the atmosphere back at the lane.
Success and/or safe standing.
Seems Phipps might be leaning towards the cheaper and more likely option now.
I just don't understand how a different body position can change an atmosphere.

You feel involved when standing in a way you don't when sitting. Even if there was no way to explain it the evidence speaks for itself, every stadium where there's a good atmosphere there'll be a large number of fans standing and it'll be them making most of the noise.

Has to happen.

Interesting to read a tweet from Jim saying "good things come to those who wait"...and all the redevelopment of Kop talk.

Although I've been waiting 31 years for good things as a Blade....how long do I have to wait?

Reactions: Dkc
No British Parliamnet is ever going to legislate for it.

He's tweeted about safe standing & goal music today. I've found it hard to not tweet him telling him that we don't give a fuck as getting promotion is slightly more important.

This would be superb.

We would need to, of course, also;

1. Reintroduce that gap midway across the kop
2. Rebuild that white corner on John st with the posters on it.
3. Reinstate the ale shed at the back of the kop next to the bogs.
4. Place some white metal railings at the front of the stand to provide an area where all the young uns can congregate with their milk crates.
5. Reinstall the safety barriers that you could run in front of when United scored as the big lads came rushing forward.
6. And finally, put the club shop back on john st, where we could buy silk scarves to tie to wrists..

Then we would be talking, anything less just wouldn't be right.

Oh and get a midfield genius, a flying right winger with a bullet like shot and a keeper who didn't punch anything (other than opposition centre forwards!) and we would make the dream complete..

This would be superb.

We would need to, of course, also;

1. Reintroduce that gap midway across the kop
2. Rebuild that white corner on John st with the posters on it.
3. Reinstate the ale shed at the back of the kop next to the bogs.
4. Place some white metal railings at the front of the stand to provide an area where all the young uns can congregate with their milk crates.
5. Reinstall the safety barriers that you could run in front of when United scored as the big lads came rushing forward.
6. And finally, put the club shop back on john st, where we could buy silk scarves to tie to wrists..

Then we would be talking, anything less just wouldn't be right.

Oh and get a midfield genius, a flying right winger with a bullet like shot and a keeper who didn't punch anything (other than opposition centre forwards!) and we would make the dream complete..
you forgot and piss in the bloke next to yous pocket and have the A to R scoreboard on the bramall lane end
aND RE INTRODUCE GOLDEN GOAL TICKETS

I am for us having it because I think more than enough people will buy tickets for that area and it will probably help the atmosphere in the ground.

however my fat ass will be sat in my seat :)

Think Jim'd have a bit of trouble squeezing in tbh :confused:

To have the new kop (whenever it happens) full of safe seating would be magnificent though.

He's tweeted about safe standing & goal music today. I've found it hard to not tweet him telling him that we don't give a fuck as getting promotion is slightly more important.

Cheers for this, just voted in favour of both. Love a bit of Tom Hark and love standing. Both help the atmosphere, I really don't understand people who can actually dislike goal music (provided it's a decent track like Tom Hark or 7 Nation Army... I'd actually enjoy it more if we played a few on rotation rather than the same 1 every time).

Cheers for this, just voted in favour of both. Love a bit of Tom Hark and love standing. Both help the atmosphere, I really don't understand people who can actually dislike goal music (provided it's a decent track like Tom Hark or 7 Nation Army... I'd actually enjoy it more if we played a few on rotation rather than the same 1 every time).

Got me thinking about Tom Hark (The Piranhas version) and the Eighties terrace anthem that stemmed from it and I can't remember the words. Going round my head is the end bit of 'cos after the match you're gonna die!' (apologies young Blades it was the Eighties).

Anyone help me with the full words once again, for something not heard for a while?

Just wanted something new to sing along to with the kids on the school run a little later..

Back
Top Bottom