Sack Wilder

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wilders talking the club up now, saying he believes players are already looking to come to bramall lane and regardless of the division he believes they are wanting to sign for Sheffield United and some are talking to senior pros already about making the move. He says he's super confident we can rebuild and its a fabulous place to come and play football. Even now he's getting players talking to Tom Davies and he's saying " he's available and he's available " and the club is still very attractive to come and play for!. I guess Davies is now head of recruitment! , Seems like he's trying to convince the prince that he can rebuild etc, sounds like the last time he we went down, history repeating itself?

Should he should be talking negatively about the club instead? I think we've enough of that to be fair.

I'll back him to take us straight back up, I think he would have last time too.

I don't rate Wilder for wimping out last time and doubt very much if he would have done as well as Hecky last year in getting us up. BUT the issue for PL survival is money and we don't have any.

Should he should be talking negatively about the club instead? I think we've enough of that to be fair.

I guess you didn’t see the last 2 championship clubs he managed then 🤷‍♂️

I guess you didn’t see the last 2 championship clubs he managed then 🤷‍♂️

Not that you want a response, but I did. 7th first season at Middlesbrough, not an awful season. Second season was bad but IIRC at the time, they should have been getting points (not that dissimilar to Carrick early this season right, they just stuck with him).

Watford, I mean does anybody look good at Watford? But ok if you want to judge him on a 1/4 of a season there.

So, not great no, but also not as dire as has been touted.

And now after what, 1 1/2 months you're shouting for him to go. I'd rather we stuck, we've been in championship before under CW, built a team before under CW, and it didn't go badly. And it wasn't bad to watch.

If Wilder wants to stop this utter shit show
It’s obvious he needs to set up ultra defensively.
Learn to walk before you can run.
A clean sheet right now would be fookin amazing.
Begrudgingly put one up top.
Any other game plan is suicide.
and if he can’t see that he should retire from football.

If he wants to give us a chance he should try playing more than one ( Souza) in midfield against Villa

No body will get a tune out of this squad .We wasted a few million on imports who have got no chance of competing in the prem along with old league one players ,what chance has a manager got playing against the best teams in the world? No matter who it is . Plus next year there won't be any McAtee no Archer no Dias . We will be left with the sick and lame .

It's hard not think Wilder is now managing at least one League too high now, perhaps two. He did OK at Middlesboro in his 1st season taking over from Warnock, but his 2nd season was woeful. Then his spell at Watford was underwhelming, but perhaps that was down to the temporary nature of his appointment which can't have exactly put much motivation in to the players.

Sadly, I think Wilder has been found out a little and I would be surprised to see him lead a side to Promotion from the Championship again. He seems to fall in to the likes of George Burley and Phil Brown; have a great season at PL level but it is a blip and they slide back down the pyramid. Wilder has always had an high opinion of himself and his words between his first spell with you and taking over at Middlesboro emphasize that (I am a Premier League manager or something to that affect), as do the 'eating a sandwich' comment recently. I cannot see him taking a humble approach like Nathan Jones has just done by joining Charlton at League 1 level. It might get a bit embarrassing at some point, like the Uncle who still thinks he is the sh@t. CWAK hit on a great system that worked really well for 2 or 3 seasons, but it has now been found out and as yet they have not been able to come up with anything remotely good enough to compete at a similar level. Time will tell.

On the flip side, his first spell with you was incredible and he deserved to be able to spend the funds that reaped. Unfortunately he blew it which is the biggest reason he might now be on the slide.

It's hard not think Wilder is now managing at least one League too high now, perhaps two. He did OK at Middlesboro in his 1st season taking over from Warnock, but his 2nd season was woeful. Then his spell at Watford was underwhelming, but perhaps that was down to the temporary nature of his appointment which can't have exactly put much motivation in to the players.

Sadly, I think Wilder has been found out a little and I would be surprised to see him lead a side to Promotion from the Championship again. He seems to fall in to the likes of George Burley and Phil Brown; have a great season at PL level but it is a blip and they slide back down the pyramid. Wilder has always had an high opinion of himself and his words between his first spell with you and taking over at Middlesboro emphasize that (I am a Premier League manager or something to that affect), as do the 'eating a sandwich' comment recently. I cannot see him taking a humble approach like Nathan Jones has just done by joining Charlton at League 1 level. It might get a bit embarrassing at some point, like the Uncle who still thinks he is the sh@t. CWAK hit on a great system that worked really well for 2 or 3 seasons, but it has now been found out and as yet they have not been able to come up with anything remotely good enough to compete at a similar level. Time will tell.

On the flip side, his first spell with you was incredible and he deserved to be able to spend the funds that reaped. Unfortunately he blew it which is the biggest reason he might now be on the slide.
I think this hits the nail squarely on the head.

I'll back him to take us

He's talking this way because he's trying to save his job, which, if you look at it from his position, thats understandable, but the reality is, talking of next year, saying he want to keep some of the older players, saying he can rebuild us to what we were, just like the last time, "I can save us" plea. As a blade I want us to succeed obviously, but we are going round in circles, we need a new broom to change the whole way of thinking, set out a 2 year plan to get rid of the deadwood and build a brighter, more stronger Sheffield United more able to challenge for promotion, time moves on

Last edited:
If Wilder can repeat the last time we played in the championship with him as manager, that would be great. however, if the prince does not sell, I think we have a big problem.

Back
Top Bottom