Rose, Dos Santos

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In the mirror today I think it was it said Blackwell is looking to bring Rose in on loan for at least 6 months.

Danny Rose would be an interesting signing. He's been compared to Aron Lennon, but actually prefers central midfield, and that's where he played best for Watford when on loan last season. Maybe he could even play in the hole behind Evans, if we go 4-4-1-1? For example:

Bunn
Walker Morgan Kilgallon Taylor
Cotterill Monty Harper Treacy
Rose
Evans​

Got to be pleased with the look of that side. No doubt there'll be stiff competition for Rose and I suppose Tottenham will be looking for him to go to a club where he is pretty much guaranteed to start.

I didn't go to Reading but just from highlights I sensed that Cotterill has stepped up a level and although I don't know Rose at all, can he play in the same side as Cotterill?

I also think Ward could do something similar in terms of covering for Cotterill, starting out wide or up front and if the options are already on the books I think loan signings should first address centre-back cover. Problem with that is there is no chance of the loan player getting in team initially which as above reduces number of targets I think.

That team looks good, but with Bunn, Walker, Treacy, Harper and Rose all on the pitch, we would be fielding a squad with more than 4 loan players on it, which if Im right, is ILLEGAL.

I might be wrong, but as previously discussed on other threads, Im pretty sure a club can only name 5 loan players in a match day squad, of which only 4 may be on the field at one time. Wednesday got fined £2,000 last season for naming 6 loan players in their squad, only 4 played though.

If were going to bring people in on loan I'd prefer a CB or Striker. Either way, if any of them are going to play Bunn, Walker, Treacy or Harper will have to come off.

Danny Rose would be an interesting signing. He's been compared to Aron Lennon, but actually prefers central midfield, and that's where he played best for Watford when on loan last season. Maybe he could even play in the hole behind Evans, if we go 4-4-1-1? For example:

Bunn
Walker Morgan Kilgallon Taylor
Cotterill Monty Harper Treacy
Rose
Evans​

Mmmmm Harper and Rose tasty!!

Infact - mmmmmm Harper (i can't wait to see him play!)

That team looks good, but with Bunn, Walker, Treacy, Harper and Rose all on the pitch, we would be fielding a squad with more than 4 loan players on it, which if Im right, is ILLEGAL.

I know it's been discussed elsewhere, but have we found out for a fact whether Harper is a loan signing or not?

I might be wrong, but as previously discussed on other threads, Im pretty sure a club can only name 5 loan players in a match day squad, of which only 4 may be on the field at one time. Wednesday got fined £2,000 last season for naming 6 loan players in their squad, only 4 played though.

If were going to bring people in on loan I'd prefer a CB or Striker. Either way, if any of them are going to play Bunn, Walker, Treacy or Harper will have to come off.

Greg,

I think the maximum is 5 in your matchday squad.

I think the pigs were fined as they named more than 5 loanees in the matchday squad.

Greg,

I think the maximum is 5 in your matchday squad.

I think the pigs were fined as they named more than 5 loanees in the matchday squad.

That is correct, 5 in your match day squad. However only 4 can be on the pitch at any one time. Wednesday we're fined £2000 for naming 6 in their squad. The reason the punishment was not greater was because although 6 we're in the squad only 4 were ever on the pitch at once, so they didn't break that rule.

Basically, your allowed 4 on the pitch, 1 on the bench. If the sub comes on, one of the other 4 must come off. Personally I find it ridiculous that we should be discussing having too many loan players with the money we've have recouped on players in the last 2 years.

to the earlier post - YES Harper is DEFINATELY a LOAN.

I've got Dos Santos 10 on the back of my Mexico shirt, so I'd love to see him come ;)

Back
Top Bottom