CONFIRMED Robin Olsen signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Sounds like he's keeping us hanging on while he waits for a better offer?
If that's the case we should sack this off now and look elsewhere.

What is wrong with Jamal Blackman on a free transfer?

I dont see why we arent in for him, granted he didn't set off any fireworks last season, but solidly rated as The Championship's 8th best keeper (out of regularly playing GK's)... with Rotherham of all teams!

surely would be a relatively simple transfer to make. Always thought he was a solid keeper with some good years ahead of him, still only 27 so hasn't reached his peak in terms of GK ability

Last edited:

I dont see why we arent in for him, granted he didn't set off any fireworks last season, but solidly rated as The Championship's 8th best keeper (out of regularly playing GK's)... with Rotherham of all teams!

surely would be a relatively simple transfer to make. Always thought he was a solid keeper with some good years ahead of him, still only 27 so hasn't reached his peak in terms of GK ability
He’s been in a pretty steep decline since his leg break playing for Leeds. It’s not the type of injury which should affect you long term physically but if he’s mentally not quite as confident and is thus more hesitant as a keeper it could be having a big impact on his game.

He’s been in a pretty steep decline since his leg break playing for Leeds. It’s not the type of injury which should affect you long term physically but if he’s mentally not quite as confident and is thus more hesitant as a keeper it could be having a big impact on his game.

Olsen with one leg is still better than Wes/Verrips....

I agree Olsen is. Blackman however had a pretty torrid time at Rotherham. I’d still rather have him than verrips but it’s be a close run thing between him and Wes

Can you imagine going through the year with Wes as our starter..... no toss in Jimmy Fleck and Norwood... could get scary.

He's shit as well! He can't get down have we forgot Wednesdays first goal at the sty it took him 10 minutes to go down for it.

Not been the same since that horror injury on loan at Leeds in 2018. He's probably at a similar level to Foderingham and Verrips now.

How is he the 8th best goalkeeper where is this goalkeeper leaderboard ?

Tho he was a very good GK would have been no1 for Leeds in there promotion season but broke his leg

Been to Rome, fab Churches, Pope and all that stuff, nice weather, Peroni everywhere but no real ale! The lad dun"t know what he's missing.
He wont know the difference, Sheffield and Rome are both built on seven hills 🙄

How is he the 8th best goalkeeper where is this goalkeeper leaderboard ?

Tho he was a very good GK would have been no1 for Leeds in there promotion season but broke his leg
might not be the most scientific method, but he is 11th for player ratings on whoscored.com in 20/21, when you minus 3 players who were rated above him who played 4 or less games, he is 8th

fyi i wasnt aware of his leg break, could be a good backup if we didnt have so many gk’s

So Olsen's waiting for a better team that us, I can't blame him there on current form! I wonder if this is the case with the other 4/5 players we're supposedly in for! It'll get to transfer deadline day and then if Blackpool haven't come in for them we're all ready to go!

Well obvious I know but I hope to god we're looking at someone else now rather than praying/hoping no one else more appealing comes in for him on the last day. I mean at this stage I'd be worrying if Worksop Working Men's club gave him a call.

So Olsen's waiting for a better team that us, I can't blame him there on current form! I wonder if this is the case with the other 4/5 players we're supposedly in for! It'll get to transfer deadline day and then if Blackpool haven't come in for them we're all ready to go!
Should make for a great intro video/interview then:-

"Well I was hoping for a Serie A / Premiership club, but Sheffield will have to do"

Should make for a great intro video/interview then:-

"Well I was hoping for a Serie A / Premiership club, but Sheffield will have to do"

"As soon as I heard sheffield united were in for me, I cringed a little to be honest"

Maybe but I can’t see it. I think those funds are needed to cover our wages this season.
Bob - I’m almost sure when I intimated this some weeks ago, you told me that Slav wouldn’t have come if purchases were based on the sales of Ramsdale and Berge?

Sounds like he's keeping us hanging on while he waits for a better offer?
If that's the case we should sack this off now and look elsewhere.
Kind of agree yeah. At some point we'd surely give him a 24hr deadline to decide, then make a firm/final move on plan B, such as Darren Randolph (if he's injury free).

I shouldn't be waking up in the middle of the night thinking about why a Swedish keeper should move to us...!
But maybe he's a fan of the Norwegian lad in our midfield. Or watched us v Liverpool/Man City two years ago.

To be fair he just spent a year on Merseyside and got his house broken into.

Not sure Sheffield stacks up that badly...
Lived down in Cheshire which I’d assume he would do again despite what happened

although him his wife and kids were in when the intruders broke in with machetes!

Sounds like Everton are going to put in an offer to buy him.

Let's hope all our eggs aren't in this basket, again.

Bob - I’m almost sure when I intimated this some weeks ago, you told me that Slav wouldn’t have come if purchases were based on the sales of Ramsdale and Berge?
I'd find it surprising if I said that perms would be coming in.
I think I've been pretty consistent since the end of the season that I thought we'd go loans and we've no or very little funds for perms.

Last edited:
I'd find it surprising if I said that perms would be coming in.
I think I've been pretty consistent since the end of the season that I thought we'd go loans and we've no or very little funds for perms.
It was in the Sander Berge thread, where I suggested however much we disagreed about his qualities, his sale would be necessary for the changes we’d need to make. You said Slav wouldn’t have come if we were that skint

It was in the Sander Berge thread, where I suggested however much we disagreed about his qualities, his sale would be necessary for the changes we’d need to make. You said Slav wouldn’t have come if we were that skint
Ah OK so we're talking at crossed purposes. I think Slav would have been aware of our approach this summer and I don't think at any point it involved big transfers.
I believe we've got the money for the top level loans, and I'd say the amount we paid for Davies would go a long way to supporting that.
Separately I don't think we have money for transfers and never have had as that is a longer term and much more expensive commitment.

Back
Top Bottom