CONFIRMED Robin Olsen signs on loan

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Olsen may or may not sign for us so I might be wrong about this particular case however my concern is that most players are not jumping at the chance of joining us. We have been linked with a number of players and they all go elsewhere in the end. There's been plenty that has gone elsewhere already this season, what's the issue?

Are we penny pinching and not paying the right amount on the loan fee's?
Are Slav, Bettis etc not convincing enough when speaking to the players?
Do players not want to come to Sheffield?
Are we aiming for players that are unrealistic?

I'm lost with it, but we're not players first choice and its concerning.

Olsen may or may not sign for us so I might be wrong about this particular case however my concern is that most players are not jumping at the chance of joining us. We have been linked with a number of players and they all go elsewhere in the end. There's been plenty that has gone elsewhere already this season, what's the issue?

He was linked with Lille and that fell through. They’re Ligue 1 champions and in the CL

To then convince him to move to the Championship and Sheffield is gonna be tough

He was linked with Lille and that fell through. They’re Ligue 1 champions and in the CL

To then convince him to move to the Championship and Sheffield is gonna be tough
This is what I mean, are the names realistic? If we're spending all our time trying to get a player that isnt then on 1st Sept we'll be with L1 Wes until January as there's not enough time. Especially with the way we negotiate

Is anyone really expecting this lad to swap Roma for United? Come on, be honest with yourselves.

IF we’ve lined it up, and I feel that’s unlikely anyway, he’s either sat waiting for a better offer or we are being used to generate interest elsewhere so he can get a better offer.

I don’t see this one landing

Is anyone really expecting this lad to swap Roma for United? Come on, be honest with yourselves.

IF we’ve lined it up, and I feel that’s unlikely anyway, he’s either sat waiting for a better offer or we are being used to generate interest elsewhere so he can get a better offer.

I don’t see this one landing
It’s definitely lined up. The Italian journo’s who’ve said it are incredibly reliable. Will it come off? Different matter entirely. I’d give him while Friday then move on.

There’s lining it up to the point of pulling the trigger, and there’s actually pulling the trigger.

I’m afraid I’m at the point of believing a lot of what comes out and when, is done to try and keep the paying punters in check….then there will be some shitty excuse for failing to land it…be it the player asking for too much, the other party suddenly changing the terms, work permit, fitness issues, gone elsewhere….it really is a lottery which excuse will come out, and makes me wonder if this was/is the plan all along.
Why do I think this?? Well we as fans seem very happy if we are at least trying to get these top players in, so when we fail and get an inferior alternative we say…oh well, at least we tried, it was the best we could do after missing out. In other words line up the player we can get and before finishing the deal trot out a few better first to make it look like we tried.

I’m just not trusting this lot at all, and haven’t now since there were early warning signs of Wilders displeasure. Whatever his failings were at least we can be assured he at least wanted the best for the club, and his allegiances were to his club rather than the dodgy owner.
This bloke made it clear from the off he’s here to make money. And that never ends well in football. By the time we see the back of him god knows where we might be.

We’re aiming for or at least being publicly linked to players who are ambitious bordering on the unrealistic and they aren’t coming off a rapid shift in approach is needed.

At least add translation :mad:

Roma's outgoing transfer market continues with difficulty, with Tiago Pinto committed to relieving heavy hires from the budget for players who are not part of the project. Among these, figure Robin Olsen and, as reported by Il Messaggero, the Swedish goalkeeper is not convinced of Sheffield United.

Is it me, but are the club readying some sort of 4 in one day 20 minute special video. You know the type of video that passively aggressively tells us all to fuck off, titled “we’ve done the job, make the lane a fortress now”.

It’s the type of bluster I’ve become accustomed to.
Probably just be another Pirate video. Le Retour - coming in 3 weeks!

What’s not to get?

We have a transfer committee and owner who’s experience of football seems to have been learned from playing a computer game….you find the money and just get the player.
They seem to struggle to understand the many other aspects such as the fact that the Swedish international, currently residing in one of the best cities in Europe, playing for a club in the top tier in Italy…might not fancy coming to Sheffield to play in the championship under the immense pressure and expectation of a club being a favourite for promotion.

Can't blame the lad. There's a losing culture amongst this squad that now dates 18 months. It'll be toxic if it continues too much longer.

What’s not to get?

We have a transfer committee and owner who’s experience of football seems to have been learned from playing a computer game….you find the money and just get the player.
They seem to struggle to understand the many other aspects such as the fact that the Swedish international, currently residing in one of the best cities in Europe, playing for a club in the top tier in Italy…might not fancy coming to Sheffield to play in the championship under the immense pressure and expectation of a club being a favourite for promotion.
I think the start we've made may well have changed his mind, I do fear we'll miss out on players because of this awful start. Which is why we needed players in before now so we didn't start like we have, but I do accept that we had to wait to see if Rammers was going to leave, but at the same token I think they'll have known for a few weeks it was only a matter of time before they returned with another offer. I'd much rather us not blow huge loan money on Olsen anyway and sign a decent keeper from these shores that is more affordable and then spend more money where we all know where it's desperately needed which is in midfield and wingers. That's not to say that a goalkeeper isn't a key position but I think we don't need to sign a 48 Swedish international on loan, Christian Walton from Brighton is one alternative.

Is anyone really expecting this lad to swap Roma for United?
Well to be honest, his time is up at Roma...
  • He last played for Roma in March 2019
  • He was on loan at Cagliari for the 2019/20 season and only played 17 Serie A games
  • He was on loan at Everton for the 2020/21 season and only played 7 Premier League games (He played 13 times for Sweden)
Suppose it depends if he wants to stick to the bench and the occasion cup game at Roma, or does he want the chance to play 40-odd games in the Championship.

Been to Rome, fab Churches, Pope and all that stuff, nice weather, Peroni everywhere but no real ale! The lad dun"t know what he's missing.

This isnt going to happen now is it, hes going on international duty next week.

George Long not first choice at Millwall 🤩

What’s not to get?

To be fair he just spent a year on Merseyside and got his house broken into.

Not sure Sheffield stacks up that badly...

Back
Top Bottom