RIP Maddy Cusack

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what they said, that all the footballers have to have another job but are still expected to train like the men's team but that was her wage from united
True for most of the squad last season, no longer true though. The whole squad went full time this summer (they released players who were unable to commit to that, which is why Courtney Sweetman-Kirk left) and they all now receive a full time salary that they are able to live on.

There is not much money in women’s football, and what there is can be found in the top division. The average attendance is not high in that division.
Not much money in sport working behind the scenes either.

I knew someone who worked full time in the marketing team at Forest and was paid £10k after seeing the job ad after she'd left and this was around 2011/2012.

Unless you're a full time paid professional male footballer or manager in the top 4 divisions, the money doing anything else involved with sport is largely shite.

I once had an interview with Huddersfield Giants as their performance analyst and the opening gambit from the head coach at the time, Paul Anderson, was "I'll be honest with you mate, the wage for this job, it's fucking embarrassing."

Not much money in sport working behind the scenes either.

I knew someone who worked full time in the marketing team at Forest and was paid £10k after seeing the job ad after she'd left and this was around 2011/2012.

Unless you're a full time paid professional male footballer or manager in the top 4 divisions, the money doing anything else involved with sport is largely shite.

I once had an interview with Huddersfield Giants as their performance analyst and the opening gambit from the head coach at the time, Paul Anderson, was "I'll be honest with you mate, the wage for this job, it's fucking embarrassing."

It’s great experience for a while. If you can stay at home and pay fuck all board to your parents. So immediately there’s a class bias in those who could viably take on that job at entry level.

I feel you’d have to have to motivated by your passion, or some blind love for your team to stick it out. I work in data and marketing, I could probably do some interesting stuff at United, but it’s an emotionally driven business and you’d have to take a significant pay cut.

There was a job at Man United that would’ve been right up my street. Loads of customer data, helping form marketing strategies, campaigns etc. I put the feelers out but it came back that potentially the pay was dramatically less than expected. Plus they’re in talks with other investors, it just seemed too risky. It was a big role as well.

The floodgates are opening, others are speaking openly now, one of Maddies friends and ex Blades player has just posted this.

“I have stayed quiet for sometime but all will know I left a club that I loved recently!

I stayed quiet as I did not believe I would be heard as this is how I was made to feel inside of this club but it continues to go on and I see others being treated the same and it needs to be said and stopped.

I was bullied out of the club by the manager who manipulated every single situation! He is controlling, coercive, and a bully! Things were twisted to try to make me and others believe things were in my head and I was too emotional! TOO EMOTIONAL
I was lied too and not listened to by senior staff and tricked in to attending a meeting with no support where his lies and manipulation could continue!

The manager then tried to turn my team mates and friends against me with lies

My mental health was in a dangerous place, and I was never supported or it considered at any point! I was not offered support from anyone! I was ignored!

It was lucky for me that I did find the strength to walk away as this could have ended in a much different way

However this man is still there and still able to act in this way in an environment where you can’t speak up!

My worry and fear is no longer for me but for those that are still there and at other clubs like this.

THINGS MUST CHANGE!!! “

The floodgates are opening, others are speaking openly now, one of Maddies friends and ex Blades player has just posted this.

“I have stayed quiet for sometime but all will know I left a club that I loved recently!

I stayed quiet as I did not believe I would be heard as this is how I was made to feel inside of this club but it continues to go on and I see others being treated the same and it needs to be said and stopped.

I was bullied out of the club by the manager who manipulated every single situation! He is controlling, coercive, and a bully! Things were twisted to try to make me and others believe things were in my head and I was too emotional! TOO EMOTIONAL
I was lied too and not listened to by senior staff and tricked in to attending a meeting with no support where his lies and manipulation could continue!

My mental health was in a dangerous place, and I was never supported or it considered at any point! I was not offered support from anyone! I was ignored!

It was lucky for me that I did find the strength to walk away as this could have ended in a much different way

However this man is still there and still able to act in this way in an environment where you can’t speak up!

My worry and fear is no longer for me but for those that are still there and at other clubs like this.

THINGS MUST CHANGE!!! “

That's interesting, who's that about though?

THINGS MUST CHANGE!!! “
I'll stand corrected. But, I do not think the player who posted this is an ex SUFC Women's player. I do not think they have ever played for SUFC. And, I do not think the comments are about SUFC. I believe the comments are simply about another club. But, I'll stand corrected.

THINGS MUST CHANGE!!! “

Jonathan Morgan. The current women's team manager

Isn’t this someone sharing their experience elsewhere?

From what I can see that seems to be the original content on Twitter, it’s nothing to do with SUFC and the comments refer to another club?

I'll stand corrected. But, I do not think the player who posted this is an ex SUFC Women's player. I do not think they have ever played for SUFC. And, I do not think the comments are about SUFC. I believe the comments are simply about another club. But, I'll stand corrected.

Snap.

I agree with locking this thread down.

The proper channels will make a statement when the time is right

THINGS MUST CHANGE!!! “

Those are Jay Blackie's words. A lady with no connection to SUFC

I'm not a great fan of this lock the thread/remove the post agenda.
Something very serious has happened/is happening at our Club. Posters will want to discuss it.
I agree, people are generally nosey. I’d consider myself one of them, I want to know what’s gone off at MY club…

But, I understand why people want to close it, as there’s an inquest and potential court case.

I'm not a great fan of this lock the thread/remove the post agenda.
Something very serious has happened/is happening at our Club. Posters will want to discuss it.
Might be worth separating out the content relating to people passing condolences and memories of Maddy Cusack from the legitimate discussion of the problems across the women's game in the UK. Fonz ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom