RIP Maddy Cusack

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was so annoyed about this. I had sat down with my 6 year old daughter as I wanted her to see people pay their respects and the community around SUFC. Disgraceful
I recorded the game just so I could watch the tribute back when I got home.

There was a camera filming them on the centre circle though so hopefully it'll be on MOTD2.

Like I said, I wanted to watch it back when I got home. Couldn't really make a lot out of what Gary Sinclair was saying, couldn't hear a thing when the Newcastle fans started applauding.

Also, I'm sure there were plenty of people who weren't at the game who would have liked to have seen it.

Someone has died before their time.

We’ve all been touched by grief. It defines me, it has changed me forever. But even I can’t get my head around a parent burying their child.

That’s not how it’s meant to be, that’s not how life is meant to work.

Her suffering may be over, but for those who loved her it doesn’t end.

That’s what really matters. I grieve for them

Yesterday’s tribute was a very appropriate and touching epitaph to young life lost so soon, Gary Sinclair’s words were heartfelt from the club and the players donning number 8 was a beautiful touch that hit me right in the feelings.

Thoughts now with Maddy’s family and friends.

Respect to NUFC fans of their support.

Night Night Maddy, the brightest star that shines over BDTBL will forever be red and white.

Credit to the Geordies...seemed like the lengthy period of applause during the pre-match tribute started in the away end, so good on them.

Also, given we'd had the applause, it was nice for once to see a minute's silence so impeccably observed by all sides of the ground.

Rest in Peace Maddy.

"na na na na, she's a Blade and she's a Blade."

💔

If it was a player of one of the top 6 clubs we all know for a solid gold fact that we wouldnt be able to move for the news.
The Leicester chairman being a prime example.

A rich man that owned a football club was given LOTS of coverage on both SKY and MOTD. A man that never kicked a ball in his life no doubt.
But an actually current, professional footballer losing her life - nah, lets put a Ladbrokes Advert on

Credit to the Geordies...seemed like the lengthy period of applause during the pre-match tribute started in the away end, so good on them.

Also, given we'd had the applause, it was nice for once to see a minute's silence so impeccably observed by all sides of the ground.

Rest in Peace Maddy.

💔
I agree about the Newcastle fans, brilliantly observed, and I found the whole thing very moving.

Said on news on TS that police are not treating her death as suspicious

Without being disrespectful, do we know what she died of? Was it an illness, or sudden?
Alot of people already know at the club. Which is why it came as such a shock, it wasn’t expected at all.
Its not for me to say. I think they will say when the family are ready. Heartbreaking 💔

Rest in Peace Maddy.

💔
Yeah credit to them, it did and they were excellent all through the tribute.

Last edited:
As many have said, it's perhaps an oversight for Sky and their commercial commitments to then cut to a break as the tribute was taking place. I'm sure the cameras were rolling though and perhaps the club themselves also took some record of it.

I'll take a slightly different angle on this though which some others opposed to showing these types of tributes may have missed.

Until her passing, i'd never heard of Maddy Cussack, i don't follow the women's team, i haven't really been aware of her work for the club either, though her face was somewhat familiar. However, she's a young woman that was taken before she reached 30 years old and clearly meant a lot to a number of people here, no doubt many more in the ground yesterday and beyond that, the wider viewing audience of Blades fans. A mate of mine from Grimsby that I'm working with out in South America said yesterday that his mate's daughter plays for the girls / women's team and had mentioned it as we watched the build up yesterday.

From my own perspective, i wanted to see the tribute to perhaps understand the contributions which Maddy had made to the club and the Women's team over the years as i understand that she played 100 times for them. The club generally do these things very respectfully and Gary Sinclair does these things very well when he reads out the tributes. I'm sure that the club will make this part available at some point as well.

It's very sad that someone so young is taken, whoever they are. I think I'd have been interested if this was someone from any of our local teams, male, female, professional, amateur etc.

Seen people on Twitter saying that Sky Sports suddenly switched to an advert break during Sinclair's speech about Maddy before kick-off. Was at the lane so didn't watch on Sky Sports but does anyone on here know if that's true or not.

If it is true that's distasteful that Sky Sports did that.

Edit: I didn't realize that someone else had already pointed this out in this thread.

Look North/Leeds showed a clip of the tribute saying,as the blades wore the number 8 shirts
"The Magpies wore shirts with the Maddy's number 8 on them!"
Lazy journalism imo, anyone else see it?

I see that horrible cunt Toby Young has chimed in now…. Tosser.

Seen people on Twitter saying that Sky Sports suddenly switched to an advert break during Sinclair's speech about Maddy before kick-off. Was at the lane so didn't watch on Sky Sports but does anyone on here know if that's true or not.

If it is true that's distasteful that Sky Sports did that.

Edit: I didn't realize that someone else had already pointed this out in this thread.
Yes it was mid sentence from the commentator too

I see that horrible cunt Toby Young has chimed in now…. Tosser.
There will always be people speculating until an official cause of death is given. Best to ignore them. This thread isn't the place for swearing and insulting others.

Someone has died before their time.

We’ve all been touched by grief. It defines me, it has changed me forever. But even I can’t get my head around a parent burying their child.

That’s not how it’s meant to be, that’s not how life is meant to work.

Her suffering may be over, but for those who loved her it doesn’t end.

That’s what really matters. I grieve for them
Totally correct Crabster.
I couldn't face putting one of my sons in the ground so he stays in our house in an Urn and will stay here until I pass.

Totally correct Crabster.
I couldn't face putting one of my sons in the ground so he stays in our house in an Urn and will stay here until I pass.
Same with Ms crab. She’s with me. We did take some of her ashes to Albufeira when I got them back. Me and her family each scattered a little bit on Santa Eulalia beach as she always loved it there.

I’m so sorry you lost your son

Very very sad, especially as details come out that it's likely what we all suspected. But also provides an opportunity to discuss openly. The date coincided 8 years to the day I lost a very close mate who took his own life, which was a complete shock to our close-knit friendship group.

As someone who struggles with his black dog I'm always devastated by this news and know first hand what her friends, family and colleagues are going through. I hope the club respect her memory by setting up a foundation and sponsor mental health awareness in Maddy's name 🥰

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom