RIP..... "Lord Bos of Eckington"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Only just seen this. Sad to hear. Looked no age from the pic.

Know Eckington well and went to school there. Was he an Eckington lad?

Sincere condolences to his family and friends. God speed Blade.
No Walkley Shefield lad , but lived happily in Eckington for many years, just across from the church.

Thanks for the memories Lord Bos.
Hope this is appropriate for you Bos RIP.

Two days used to seem so far away
Now a year passes by in a blink of the eye
Old age slowly creeping up on me, responsibility
Making time move faster
I know

I will be gone one day
But you'll have a picture and a storybook
In your mind, of me
So smile

Yeah I will be gone one day
In your mind, of me
So smile

We'd lay between the pine trees
Beside the fire on a summer's night
Unknowingly, making memories
To keep us warm when our hearts aren't bright

And when I'm on my way out
Please take some comfort in knowing
That you've got the thoughts of the good old days
They're there to keep you going

Yeah I'll be gone one day
In your mind, of me
So smile

In your mind, of me
So smile

Never stop making memories
Live life don't just exist
Never stop making memories
Live life don't just exist
'Cause everyday can be a good old day

In your mind, of me
So smile

In your mind, of me
So smile

Thanks so much Davie Blade... oh boy you hit the spot with this one... me and my old muckah have a storybook going back to 1972, its quart to seven in the morning and you just made me cry... thankyou God Bless

my dear friend and total lifelong Blade Lord Bos of Eckington. sadly passed away on Tuesday 15th evening . He had been fighting cancer for almost three years always with a smile and a wit as sharp as a Blade. The forum meant a massive amount to him during this time, and gave his much comfort and entertainment. I thank you all on his behalf for giving him somewhere to go and chat with fellow Blades in his darker quieter moments... thanks again.
View attachment 29718

Really sad to hear this.

my dear friend and total lifelong Blade Lord Bos of Eckington. sadly passed away on Tuesday 15th evening . He had been fighting cancer for almost three years always with a smile and a wit as sharp as a Blade. The forum meant a massive amount to him during this time, and gave his much comfort and entertainment. I thank you all on his behalf for giving him somewhere to go and chat with fellow Blades in his darker quieter moments... thanks again.
View attachment 29718

R.I.P. Lord Bos.

Brave fight, rest up now and know you have the best seat in the house to watch the Blades.

Gutted to read this, love to his friends and family.

I feel so sad to hear this.
We had the joy of celebrating LS26s son's birth a few days ago on here now this very sad news.
Makes you realise some of the silly arguments we all have on here should always end on a nice note to the person in the opposite corner, never hold a grudge.
I never met him but always read his posts.
He will be missed very much by his Blades friends on this forum.
My sincere condolences to his family and loved ones.
RIP

Last edited:

View attachment 29718

Rip blade, you'll be missed

Just seen this and if I didn't like Mondays before I absolutely hate them now, gutted!

I hope his family and friends know how much he was loved on here and that's coming from someone who has not knowingly ever met the bloke.

A thoroughly nice person who even if he tried to argue couldn't, it just didn't seem his nature, and like Grapps I too have been wondering where he's been hiding, I now know and I'm absolutely done in after reading this.

RIP Lord Bos of Eckington.

He was a ball boy at BDTBL in the 1960s. Been looking for his posts about being the ball boy

My only claim to fame is that i was one of the ball boys covering the cricket pitch . Used to get a bollocking if i got the ball back too slow if we were losing , and a bollocking if i got the ball back too quick if we were winning.

Happy Days

UTB

50 odd years ago I was a regular ball boy at the lane covering the cricket pitch.

My memories are the smell of old fashioned muscle rub liniment oils in the dressing room and on the pitch.

Also the smell of fags in both the home and away dressing rooms . The John Street tunnel small white dug outs which held about 4 to 5 people , with these days needing to hold a management team and subs of 20 people.

Simple red and white kit , thick cotton shirts.

I have caught and trapped the ball many times in the 60s when a ball boy covering the cricket pitch . Giving the ball back it was

When losing it was always quick give me the fucking ball , when winning it was always slow take your time , take your fucking time .

UTB

Banners and flags on the Kop

The white railings around the ground .

Matches , cigarette lighters being lit in the old stand especially at night matches .

The white small dug outs .

Massive floodlights .

Watching the match under the cricket pavilion and being able to walk around the ground and stand behind each goal.

Being a ball boy for a season covering the cricket pitch.

Mr Harris telling the players to stop swearing .

Serving Mr Harris tea at half time from a silver service .

This season and next could top everything for us all , young and old .

UTB

Lord Bos's funeral service will be at St Peter and St Paul's Church, Eckington 2:15pm Wednesday 30th August.

I'd like to add my belated condolances to all who knew Bos personally.

I never met the man but we were often in agreement about many subjects on here and I valued his contributions. His sad and (as far as I'm concerned) very unexpected passing will be a loss to us all on this forum.

Sleep tight mate.

A final word from me... on behalf of Lord Bos's family thankyou you Blades for your kind comments and amazing support which is a great comfort, I intend to print off all the comments and put them with his book of remembrance that will be there to sign at his funeral at St Peter and St Paul's Church, Eckington 2:15pm Wednesday 30th August.

Back
Top Bottom