CONFIRMED Ricky Holmes

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Played in goal after Ray Wood was carried off in the 1957 FA Cup final
And famously described the training routine at Barnsley when he was a youngster - it was all fitness training, and when he asked for a ball to practise with, he was told that they didn't believe in that, as it made the players hungrier for the ball on matchdays. As a ball-playing wing-half, he was mightily relieved to get to Tottenham.

Pulis just replied back 'yeah but I'd already been in the phone to your chairman and done a deal for Tong so I didn't care if your phone was on or off'.

Making Blackwell look like the muppet he is sounds hilarious.

Although who had the last laugh on that one? It certainly wasn't Pulis. Did Tonge ever start a game for Stoke, he'd definitely lost his ability to go past a player by then.

I'm kinda worried that this window's last day video is going to be boring.

One for the trivia buffs but apparently Holmes is a massive Akira Kurosawa fan, hence the man-bun...if you ever get to meet the bloke ask him about any Kurosawa film and he'll give you the run down...

Although who had the last laugh on that one? It certainly wasn't Pulis. Did Tonge ever start a game for Stoke, he'd definitely lost his ability to go past a player by then.
Yeah, he started ......

Interesting piece this. Got to say I love these stories of players making their way up from non-league football (or parks football, in Ricky Holmes's case, prior to his Chelmsford City days).

Also very interesting to hear he's one of those rarities: a footballer who went to university - which, I suppose, is an opportunity that only arose because he didn't make it first time round as a teenage footballer.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foo...on-to-make-it-to-the-premier-league-1-8959722

He might “decide to move on” perhaps our most important player this season?

Because we don't have the money that Wolves have.

Wilder has signed a player to play in Duffy’s position, therefore there are question marks over his long term future, especially given his age.

I know we don’t have Wolves money, hence my Aldi and Waitrose comment. That’s the point, a lot of Championship clubs aren’t looking to buy from League One, while we are. Doesn’t mean we’re getting our recruitment wrong, it’s just we have little choice other than look for the cheaper bargains.

What have Duffy and Fleck got to do with Holmes?

I am well aware that players come from lower leagues and make the step up, but thanks for pointing out the obvious.
i felt it necessary for those with no sense of humour.. you’re welcome

the point was both Coventry and Wigan fans found it necessary to say said players were crap.. just like Holmes so actually it had nothing to do with what division they came from

Back
Top Bottom