CONFIRMED Rhian Brewster

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Wolves spent £35m on a teen Porto striker that has hardly played for them. Brewster is more decorated than Silva and is highly rated by every fucker in the game. £25m is not a gamble IMO.

Which bit of the wow are you referencing?

The only way you could ever go for players like Messi is if you have a Sheikh Mansour or the ones at PSG behind you.

It would be financial suicide for the rest to even try.
You're premise is spot on
So.......
Applied to SUFC.......
There only way you can go for players like [Brewster or better] is if you have a[n owner with sufficient £] behind you
[otherwise]
It would be financial suicide [for us] to even try

So who we going to sign, Messi, Ronaldo? Fuck me it's the EPL and you have to pay big bucks for players that have the potential to step up, that's our market i'm affraid.

Our market is whatever the budget is, minus the £20m we lost. Whether that stretches to £25m on potential up front we don't know. Wilder thinks there's potential, but I get the feeling not enough to pay that sort of fee. We will get to know soon enough.

Our market is whatever the budget is, minus the £20m we lost. Whether that stretches to £25m on potential up front we don't know. Wilder thinks there's potential, but I get the feeling not enough to pay that sort of fee. We will get to know soon enough.

The direction of our club depends on it.

I hope we get Brewster, but I don't think he's worth 25 mill. People drooling over him because golden boot winner at youth world cup, but imo Sancho made him look good.

11 in 22 for Swansea is really decent but it isn't unheard of in the championship. Plenty of players have had similar strike records in championship but been average in the prem.

Would prefer loan.

I hope we get Brewster, but I don't think he's worth 25 mill. People drooling over him because golden boot winner at youth world cup, but imo Sancho made him look good.

11 in 22 for Swansea is really decent but it isn't unheard of in the championship. Plenty of players have had similar strike records in championship but been average in the prem.

Would prefer loan.

It's the going price. We did it with Sander, do it with Brewster. Exciting young talent costs decent money.

Would prefer loan.

presumably so would the club. But Liverpool would prefer to sell. Hence no movement. They will be waiting to see if anyone meets their valuation. If not we might be in with a shout of loaning him.

You're premise is spot on
So.......
Applied to SUFC.......
There only way you can go for players like [Brewster or better] is if you have a[n owner with sufficient £] behind you
[otherwise]
It would be financial suicide [for us] to even try

Brewster is on a reported 10k a week at Liverpool that makes no sense.

Would prefer loan.

Brewster scored 8 goals in that Tournament and was top scored yeah it helped having Sancho there but Brewster is a quality player and would be playing at the top also I believe had it not been for injuries.

Would prefer loan.
Sancho played 3 games in that tournament, and only 2 of them was with Brewster.

Brush it off, some on here still can't get used to us being in the EPL and think we should still be dealing in shillings.

I always do I just laugh at the insults because the way I see it is that the truth clearly hurts because if they actually had anything constructive to say/debate they would but many don't they just resort to childish and petty insults I don't have time for that.

I disagree with many people's opinions but I respect their right to an opinion and wont be abusive or accuse them of being a pig fan i just rise above it.

Because we are all here for one thing anyway love for our club and passion to see our club doing well.

If we can get this over the line it makes sense. You only have to watch the goals he’s scored at Swansea to see what Wilder sees in him. Explosive in the box, shoots first time no messing about and hits the target with half chances.

We can’t afford the finished product and he’s about the best option out there in the form of potential. Anyone saying “it’s too much money“ or even “we need someone more proven” needs to get real for completely different reasons.

People say we can’t afford this deal, it’s not true. With clever accounting you can amortise the fee over the length of the contract. So if he signs on a 5 year deal for an initial 20m, that’d be 4m per season. He will still sign, some deals can be complex due to a number of factors ranging from family member requests to where the player will actually live. It has been frustrating that we couldn’t wrap this one quicker, but it will be done soon!

People say we can’t afford this deal, it’s not true. With clever accounting you can amortise the fee over the length of the contract. So if he signs on a 5 year deal for an initial 20m, that’d be 4m per season. He will still sign, some deals can be complex due to a number of factors ranging from family member requests to where the player will actually live. It has been frustrating that we couldn’t wrap this one quicker, but it will be done soon!

Not if Liverpool are demanding the full fee upfront.

What about the Transfer fee who is to say we cant afford it, people said there was no money left yet we signed Sander Berge for 22m.
Well it would appear that we're reluctant to do the deal Liverpool (currently) require - or that they're to accept what twe're proposing - hence ongoing ( CEO level) discussions / negotiations

I respond(ed) to your premise that without significant (individual / personal ?) external financial backing (which we don't have) the pursuit / completion of certain deals would / could result in "financial suicide" if beyond the means of the club. Frustrating as it may be, Brewster may be 'our' Messi to use your analogy

Notwithstanding a variety of other (possible) ( none financial) delay factors it would appear that we & /or Liverpool are not comfortable with the financial impact / implications - ie for us too expensive -----> (possible) "financial suicide"

Anyroad about this motor ......... You need to get you skates on - some bloke ( with a lisp) from Croydon is keen n'all - as a favour I'll let you have it now for 20k upfront & another 5k next August

Did I tell you it's blue ? AND it's got an air freshener

Last edited:
If we can get this over the line it makes sense. You only have to watch the goals he’s scored at Swansea to see what Wilder sees in him. Explosive in the box, shoots first time no messing about and hits the target with half chances.

We can’t afford the finished product and he’s about the best option out there in the form of potential. Anyone saying “it’s too much money“ or even “we need someone more proven” needs to get real for completely different reasons.

But we don't play that system! ;)

Back
Top Bottom