Relegation dilemna

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Some of the younger people might well wonder why there is a universal hatred of Leeds United us older people know only too well. Before the 1960's Leeds had always been a club mostly 2nd division and like most of the towns in West Yorkshire egg chasing was the preferred winter game in Leeds. LUFC were formed when Leeds City were disbanded for making illegal payment to players. Most of the time when they reached the first division they were quickly relegated a bit like present day Norwich City. After going on 55 years of being a nothing club Don Revie took charge in the early 60's changing their strip to all white like Real Madrid ffs. Now think of everything you hate about modern football and it was introduced by Revie's Leeds United, diving, cheating, feigning injury, surrounding and intimidating referee's and down right dirty play, thuggery and shithousing were all tools used to get an advantage. In one Inter cities Fairs cup final Revie even got the Leeds Fire Brigade out to flood the Elland road pitch in an effort to stop Real Zaragoza winning. That really is why the terms Dirty Leeds and Leeds Scum persist to this day sportsmanship was an alien concept to them bastards their fans were just as bad too. Brian Clough got it spot on with his opening talk to the players when he became manager for 44 days when he told them they had never won anything fairly and had cheated to win the league.
Then we have the Risdale years when he took out huge loans to be repaid by money generated from the European cup just one thing the wankers didn't qualify leaving them with huge debts and no way of paying them. Even after fire sales administration followed cheating local companies and investors no Co-op bank to save them. A vile club cheating is in their DNA much like that other vile club in south Barnsley.
Yep! You filled in the gaps in my post! Spot on !!

Can’t believe there are Blades that exist who don’t mind Leeds or have nothing against them ??????
Mind boggling 🫤
Personally I've never felt Leeds fans are bothered about us, they're far more interested in a rivalry with both Manchester clubs. Forest on the other hand really don't like us, they really don't like Yorkshire and obviously there was last season's antics. I'm not saying I like Leeds but I've never disliked Leeds like forest after last season and even before that.

I think older fans who were around in the 70's when Leeds were decent and dirty may see it differently but as I missed that I don't particularly see Leeds as a rival other than seasons when we've completed ith them for promotion.

Personally I've never felt Leeds fans are bothered about us, they're far more interested in a rivalry with both Manchester clubs. Forest on the other hand really don't like us, they really don't like Yorkshire and obviously there was last season's antics. I'm not saying I like Leeds but I've never disliked Leeds like forest after last season and even before that.

I think older fans who were around in the 70's when Leeds were decent and dirty may see it differently but as I missed that I don't particularly see Leeds as a rival other than seasons when we've completed ith them for promotion.
At least Leeds fans didn't break the strike and catapult the working classes into decades of poverty and despair

After the debacle against Liverpool and the FACT that we are going up, which 3 would you like to see swap places and will any of the bottom 6 or so mount the usual end of season escape? Personally, I would like to see Leeds, Forest and Soton go down and I can see Leicester turn it around.

I'm interested to know what Leeds have ever done to us to make lots of posters say they'd like to see them go down? What negative history do we have with them, particularly on the pitch?

I can only think of us getting the upper hand on them quite a number of times especially this century!

There was the Jags' screamer cup upset when they were still a PL club in the early 00's, unexpectedly beating them 2-0 at home (Bjørn Helge Riise 🇳🇴 scored) not long before we were relegated in 2011 which saw them lose out on the Play Offs, did the league double over them in our first season back in the Championship (Sharp's overhead volley!!) and then the following season pipping them to automatic promotion right at the business end of the season where they had occupied 2nd for the vast majority of that season.
The twats used us as a nursery club for years knicking our players, Jones, Hamson, Currie, Sabella, Deane etc, Then there's the dirty cheating ways they are infamous for and finally they have more than their fare share of loathsome, hateful, areshole fans. Is that enough reasons for you?

Kind of get your point.

I think sometimes hatred is just hardwired in, but sometimes with some people it fades over time.

West Ham for example. There’s no doubt in my mind that they cheated with the tevez thing, and at the time I was very much of the mindset of fuck them and the horse they rise in on. Now, not so much.

Forest, it’s not hatred more a desire to see the looks on their entitled fucking supporters faces when they go down. Must be a Nottingham thing as Panthers fans are wankers too in my experience.
I get this.
Its unfair to tar everybody with the same brush.......but, I only know four Forest fans, I have only ever met four Forest fans, but they are the four people in the world who I can actually say I hate.

All four of them are the most vile, despicable, horrible people I have ever met.

When there is a 100% hate record you start to wonder if I've just been unfortunate with every Forest fan I've ever met or whether they are all just cunts

I get this.
Its unfair to tar everybody with the same brush.......but, I only know four Forest fans, I have only ever met four Forest fans, but they are the four people in the world who I can actually say I hate.

All four of them are the most vile, despicable, horrible people I have ever met.

When there is a 100% hate record you start to wonder if I've just been unfortunate with every Forest fan I've ever met or whether they are all just cunts
I can see why that ratio would make you think that…

I get this.

By contrast I know two, my uncle and one of my best mates both of whom are decent blokes. So obviously I detest Forest. Still Leeds more so though.

After the debacle against Liverpool and the FACT that we are going up, which 3 would you like to see swap places and will any of the bottom 6 or so mount the usual end of season escape? Personally, I would like to see Leeds, Forest and Soton go down and I can see Leicester turn it around.
Unfortunately I think Leicstoh are down, Smith is an awful appointment.

Some of the younger people might well wonder why there is a universal hatred of Leeds United us older people know only too well. Before the 1960's Leeds had always been a club mostly 2nd division and like most of the towns in West Yorkshire egg chasing was the preferred winter game in Leeds. LUFC were formed when Leeds City were disbanded for making illegal payment to players. Most of the time when they reached the first division they were quickly relegated a bit like present day Norwich City. After going on 55 years of being a nothing club Don Revie took charge in the early 60's changing their strip to all white like Real Madrid ffs. Now think of everything you hate about modern football and it was introduced by Revie's Leeds United, diving, cheating, feigning injury, surrounding and intimidating referee's and down right dirty play, thuggery and shithousing were all tools used to get an advantage. In one Inter cities Fairs cup final Revie even got the Leeds Fire Brigade out to flood the Elland road pitch in an effort to stop Real Zaragoza winning. That really is why the terms Dirty Leeds and Leeds Scum persist to this day sportsmanship was an alien concept to them bastards their fans were just as bad too. Brian Clough got it spot on with his opening talk to the players when he became manager for 44 days when he told them they had never won anything fairly and had cheated to win the league.
Then we have the Risdale years when he took out huge loans to be repaid by money generated from the European cup just one thing the wankers didn't qualify leaving them with huge debts and no way of paying them. Even after fire sales administration followed cheating local companies and investors no Co-op bank to save them. A vile club cheating is in their DNA much like that other vile club in south Barnsley.
Also, they come from fucking l**ds.

The twats used us as a nursery club for years knicking our players, Jones, Hamson, Currie, Sabella, Deane etc, Then there's the dirty cheating ways they are infamous for and finally they have more than their fare share of loathsome, hateful, areshole fans. Is that enough reasons for you?

I know of the above reasons you stated but like I said up-thread those were around 50 years ago which is more than half a lifetime, no point in holding grudges for this long. Bigger clubs (as they were at the time) sign your stars from you which is still the same today. As time evolves things change and they're not that club anymore and like I said it's us that's had the upper hand a lot on them (big ones too!), like them missing out on promotion in 2006 in which we subsequently signed one of their better stars at the time in Matt Kilgallon.

If they weren't a club from Yorkshire half the hate a lot of Blades have for them just wouldn't be there, finding them annoying maybe but hate I would doubt.

I know of the above reasons you stated but like I said up-thread those were around 50 years ago which is more than half a lifetime, no point in holding grudges for this long. Bigger clubs (as they were at the time) sign your stars from you which is still the same today. As time evolves things change and they're not that club anymore and like I said it's us that's had the upper hand a lot on them (big ones too!), like them missing out on promotion in 2006 in which we subsequently signed one of their better stars at the time in Matt Kilgallon.

If they weren't a club from Yorkshire half the hate a lot of Blades have for them just wouldn't be there, finding them annoying maybe but hate I would doubt.
They aren't hated just by Blades though, most fans throughout the country have a hatred for Leeds. How their players cheated throughout the 70s will be remembered for a lot longer than 50 years, and as Brian Clough famously said, they should have all thrown their medals in the bin.

They aren't hated just by Blades though, most fans throughout the country have a hatred for Leeds. How their players cheated throughout the 70s will be remembered for a lot longer than 50 years, and as Brian Clough famously said, they should have all thrown their medals in the bin.
Not just that. Remember when Bradford City were playing at Odsal following the fire & a bunch of Leeds fans thought it was funny to set fire to the refreshments hut?

And Elland Road was one of the biggest recruiting grounds ever for the National Front.

I can see why that ratio would make you think that…
To be fair two of them were managers at a company I used to work for, so you're supposed to hate them.

The first one was such a twat that everyone celebrated when he got promoted and sent somewhere else

Then his replacement turned up from our Nottingham branch, and he was even worse.

He made a beeline for me for some reason

I was an apprentice and not allowed to strike with the rest of the lads so was called in to work and 28 hours later nobody gave a fuck that I was still there, he caught me asleep in the canteen when he strolled in completely unaware of anything I'd done previously and started bollocking me.

I had hold of him by the scruff of the neck a few days later after he laughed when I had a minor accident that he witnessed.

He said "Hope that woke you up" a sarcastic reference to me falling asleep and a warning to me that he'd made a note of it.

A mixture of pain and the fact that the hazard had been reported numerous times, and him already picking on me every day for no reason, plus his attitude in holding a grudge against me passing out in the canteen made me completely lose it.

If it wasn't for a couple of his under managers on the shop floor I'd have hurt him badly, I just completely lost it.

After about six months of his shit that was the final straw.

Anyway I then got took to hospital to sew my finger back together and nothing was said

To be fair two of them were managers at a company I used to work for, so you're supposed to hate them.

The first one was such a twat that everyone celebrated when he got promoted and sent somewhere else

Then his replacement turned up from our Nottingham branch, and he was even worse.

He made a beeline for me for some reason

I was an apprentice and not allowed to strike with the rest of the lads so was called in to work and 28 hours later nobody gave a fuck that I was still there, he caught me asleep in the canteen when he strolled in completely unaware of anything I'd done previously and started bollocking me.

I had hold of him by the scruff of the neck a few days later after he laughed when I had a minor accident that he witnessed.

He said "Hope that woke you up" a sarcastic reference to me falling asleep and a warning to me that he'd made a note of it.

A mixture of pain and the fact that the hazard had been reported numerous times, and him already picking on me every day for no reason, plus his attitude in holding a grudge against me passing out in the canteen made me completely lose it.

If it wasn't for a couple of his under managers on the shop floor I'd have hurt him badly, I just completely lost it.

After about six months of his shit that was the final straw.

Anyway I then got took to hospital to sew my finger back together and nothing was said
He sounds like he was a right cunt….

Back
Top Bottom