Referee Watching Season 22/23

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

They don’t help themselves do they ?

The ref tonight was abysmal. When he starts giving out yellows for slight nudges on one team then plays on when the same thing happens when the other do the same, it’s a joke. Twice Gooch was effing at either the ref or the linesman and nothing. We do the slightest nudge and it’s a card. Unbelievable.
Anel loves a card when someone turns him, regardless of where he is on the field.

Something he needs to keep an eye on.

Last thing we need is being without him for three matches in the run in.

Anel loves a card when someone turns him, regardless of where he is on the field.

Something he needs to keep an eye on.

Last thing we need is being without him for three matches in the run in.
Not just Anel either, Egan, Norwood, George and Bogle exactly the same problem. Someone mentioned on another thread that indiscipline could cost us.

Darren Bond for the away game at Norwich.

0_Middlesbrough-v-Watford-EFL-Sky-Bet-League-Championship-Football-Riverside-Stadium-Middlesbrough.jpg

Darren Bond for the away game at Norwich.

0_Middlesbrough-v-Watford-EFL-Sky-Bet-League-Championship-Football-Riverside-Stadium-Middlesbrough.jpg
Means nothing but this season when he has been in charge we have won 4 drawn 1.
In one of these games (Hull at home) he sent off one of their players.

I keep wondering when we will get another penalty awarded for us? Some season we have several a season some it's a rarity. Last one was Brewsters vs Blackpool I think.
Appreciate sometimes it's about how much you are in the box too.

There's a useful feature on the Sky website called Behind the Whistle

A couple of things I learned this week are

(1) it is still possible to get a penalty at a corner if the Wrestlemania crosses a line

and

(2) "careless" and "reckless" fouls are defined and distingished between in the law

The explanations of decisions are generally pretty clear eg

Incident: Potential 2nd caution (AFC Wimbledon)

Decision: Advantage played; no caution awarded (AFC Wimbledon)

Foy says: The referee has to determine if the actions of the AFC Wimbledon player are either a careless or reckless foul. Having identified the foul the referee plays advantage, if a determination that the challenge was, indeed, just careless, the referee is unable to go back and caution the player.

On this occasion, I think the official has made the right call. I don't think the challenge meets the threshold for a clear reckless challenge, and therefore a yellow card. Advantage being played and no caution awarded was the most sensible option here.

Andy Davies for the home game against Wigan.

He has done one of the other SUFC's twice this season.............Sutton United.

Looks like Nosferatu's bro.

Andy%20Davies%2016x9%201.jpg

There's a useful feature on the Sky website called Behind the Whistle

A couple of things I learned this week are

(1) it is still possible to get a penalty at a corner if the Wrestlemania crosses a line

and

(2) "careless" and "reckless" fouls are defined and distingished between in the law

The explanations of decisions are generally pretty clear eg

Incident: Potential 2nd caution (AFC Wimbledon)

Decision: Advantage played; no caution awarded (AFC Wimbledon)

Foy says: The referee has to determine if the actions of the AFC Wimbledon player are either a careless or reckless foul. Having identified the foul the referee plays advantage, if a determination that the challenge was, indeed, just careless, the referee is unable to go back and caution the player.

On this occasion, I think the official has made the right call. I don't think the challenge meets the threshold for a clear reckless challenge, and therefore a yellow card. Advantage being played and no caution awarded was the most sensible option here.
Seem to recall he gave a poor decision against us in a game vs Watford. Not that I hold grudges!

Andy Davies for the home game against Wigan.

He has done one of the other SUFC's twice this season.............Sutton United.

Looks like Nosferatu's bro.

Andy%20Davies%2016x9%201.jpg
53 yellow cards and 2 red in 13 Championship games this season. He knows where his pockets are!

Did Millwall v Udders 3 weeks ago, but not done any other team who were in the top 6 at the time this season.

Last game he did for us was Reading away last season. He did do the pigs getting done by Plymouth earlier this season. That was probably the biggest game he has ever done, obviously.

Andy Davies does'nt mind i bit of timewasting...........Gary Rowett recently blasted him in the Millwall versus Huddersfield Town game.

To me it seemed blatant that Fleck was pulled when he took that return pass, otherwise he'd have been in.

Is it me or does Fleck seem to always have a mischievous look on his face? Like he's just shit in someone's bed and he's waiting to see if they've found out yet!

Do we really have Michael Salisbury from Lancashire for Burnley vs Blades on Monday night? He was on VAR duty and behind some interesting decisions in the Tottenham vs Brighton game yesterday

David Webb is the referee for the visit of Cardiff City.

The last time he was at Bramall Lane he famously sent off 4 players and there was 6 goals scored.

221016065040-02-sheffield-united-blackpool-1015.jpg

Do we really have Michael Salisbury from Lancashire for Burnley vs Blades on Monday night? He was on VAR duty and behind some interesting decisions in the Tottenham vs Brighton game yesterday
It's now been announced that he has been removed from PL games for the coming weekend. Amazed he was allowed to referee such a big game last night, although to be fair he got the big decision right even if it went against us.

LOL we have Stuart Attwell for the fun and games on Saturday at Wembley.

He is a useless cunt,after watching that shit show he oversaw Spurs versus Brighton,,,,,,,,Brighton lost 2-1 to Tottenham on Saturday at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in a game where two of their goals were disallowed and they had two penalty appeals turned down.

0_GettyImages-1250897821.jpg

Oh and get this Attwell is a LUTON TOWN fan,can see him sending our players off for the slightest thing possible,straight red cards for Egan,McBurnie,Doyle,McAtee,you get my drift dont you.

Referee: Attwell, Stuart
Assistant Referee: Betts, Lee
Assistant Referee: Cann, Darren
Fourth Official: Gillett, Jarred
Reserve Assistant Referee: Robathan, Daniel
Video Assistant Referee: Harrington, Tony
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Massey-Ellis, Sian
LOL we have Stuart Attwell for the fun and games on Saturday at Wembley.

He is a useless cunt,after watching that shit show he oversaw Spurs versus Brighton,,,,,,,,Brighton lost 2-1 to Tottenham on Saturday at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in a game where two of their goals were disallowed and they had two penalty appeals turned down.

0_GettyImages-1250897821.jpg

Oh joy the PGMOL's most incompetent EFL official appointed for the semi final. The man who gave a goal that went through the side netting. Remember him urging the Newcastle player to carry on and score at the Lane when we'd stopped appealing for offside when the lino put his flag up.

91 yellows 4 reds and 3 penalties given so far this season. Should have been demoted after the Spurs v Brighton farce. Its hard enough having to face the best team in the country without this useless fool in control of the whistle.

Back
Top Bottom