Ref watch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not sure the ref took a couple of gash penalties??

No shame in going out to a prem team, and given our squad not a bad thing really, with a push we can still hit top 6

Disappointed to go out, but big picture maybe not a bad thing….

Couldn't wait to give them fouls. Every single time they went down he bought into it. Shocking ref and some one really needs to watch that performance back and ask him what he was thinking and to explain some of the fouls given. We should have had a pen as well when mcburnie had his heels clipped inside the box clear contact and intentional or not it was a pen.

Not sure the ref took a couple of gash penalties??

No shame in going out to a prem team, and given our squad not a bad thing really, with a push we can still hit top 6

Disappointed to go out, but big picture maybe not a bad thing….

Did you go? I ask because that is definitely not the reaction of someone who saw that referees performance.

I've no issues with our performance, just the refs 👍

Did you go? I ask because that is definitely not the reaction of someone who saw that referees performance.

I've no issues with our performance, just the refs 👍
Could not wait to give the Premier League side a foul. Numerous occasions fouls on our players went unpenalised. One where McBurnie was clearly held and then he gives the foul to them. Complete wanker of a ref.

Couldn't wait to give them fouls. Every single time they went down he bought into it. Shocking ref and some one really needs to watch that performance back and ask him what he was thinking and to explain some of the fouls given. We should have had a pen as well when mcburnie had his heels clipped inside the box clear contact and intentional or not it was a pen.
Not a surprise Southampton are one of the worst teams for the dark arts I saw during our seasons in the prem.

Could not wait to give the Premier League side a foul. Numerous occasions fouls on our players went unpenalised. One where McBurnie was clearly held and then he gives the foul to them. Complete wanker of a ref.

There was a quality bearhug/hold on Brewster completely ignored too... But then run alongside one of em on the wing before they throw themselves down and it's a free kick.

I don't know if he refs in the prem but on tonight's performance it won't be long before he's strutting his stuff on the highest stage.

He was rubbish, as has already been said on here.

Didn’t go and didn’t watch it but he was definitely not good enough 🤪

It was a typical performance from a new premier league referee involving a premier league team. Obviously wanted to impress them at our expense. Although he didn’t affect the scoreline he certainly had double standards. Just the slightest contact by us and a free kick to them whereas he would reluctantly give us a free kick only if GBH had been committed. The McBurnie trip was almost laughable. As has been said, in our two seasons in the top tier Southampton and Arsenal were the masters at falling down without any help.

Always amazes me that refs are so easily fooled by players throwing themselves to the ground and yet when players are clearly wrestled to the ground they give nowt.

Shocking. The one in the first half where Ndiaye spins their player with a great bit of skill and gets bear hugged from behind for the most blatant yellow you'll ever see (he deliberately stopped a good Blades opportunity on the counter with a professional foul) - a foul isn't even given! A few seconds later the play turns over and a free kick is awarded to them because of the most minimal contact imaginable.

The build up to the Che chance was also a big piss boiler. Blades have a great counter on (four Vs three) towards the end of the game. Their player has gone down on their left holding his thigh, but United have the ball and are breaking at pace. Ref is letting it go until we get near their box when he stops the game. It isn't a head injury. Player gets up sharpish stretching his leg.So far, so annoying - but nowt we haven't seen before tbh. Soton are being asses giving the ball back, and move it 30 yards back and ten yards towards our left touchline. I'm more annoyed now. United players are pissed off but the ref insists this is the correct position.What can you do? Blades player motions to strike the ball from the restart, but Soton have four players surrounding the ball - including one less than five yards ahead of it. Ref in his infinite wisdom insists we take it despite United protestations and a pissed off John Street. United should've just hoofed as it was far too risky to play out given that ridiculous situation. Soton predictably win the ball back and the thwarted great attacking situation for United, results in a great save from Adams which, on another day, would've cost us the game.
Theres a number of other examples (see above).The foul on Mcburnie was stone wall if VAR was there.

Liked by the brass,he did the Play Off Semi between Swansea - Barnsley.

But has only done 3 games this season.

Here he is doing an impression of a twat in Glasgow.

1632301630220.png

And this one is what we have got on Saturday,he has already done Derby once at Peterboro earlier in season.

His great grandad swam the English Channel for a laugh.

John Egan likes him.

1632302111334.png

He bought every cheap dive Southampton attempted, of which there was a fair few, but to be honest that's what we didn't learn quick enough in the Prem (cheating). Saying that, he did let a couple of crunching tackles go.

He was poor but so was the attitude of the Southampton players didn't help they played for the dive every time and played the referee. I didn't understand the 2 yellow cards in the first half. If he was saying it was for an elbow surely that would be a red, he didn't do anything other than blow his whistle where has the communication gone. Surely a talking to would have solved that.

I recon first Woman referee will be appointed to EFL next season, best of luck making comments on her performance.
There is already a woman referee in the lower divisions. She did the Wednesday game at Mansfield. Next season to select 2 list (ie championship) may be too soon.

Back
Top Bottom