Ref watch

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aside from the obvious error at Villa I'm not sure what he's ever done to deserve your opinion of him?

That one alone is either cheating or a Stevie Wonderesque level of eyesight, though. I also tend to remember he may have been iffy on VAR at times, but did not check for sure. :)

Forgetting to switch his watch on was quite a big blunder!
That one alone is either cheating or a Stevie Wonderesque level of eyesight, though. I also tend to remember he may have been iffy on VAR at times, but did not check for sure. :)

There was no issue with his watch (he'd have been stood down had he forgotten to switch it on), the issue was the system itself. I don't buy the 'occluded' thing either, the link between the cameras and the computer was either faulty or not on. It also highlighted a problem with technology: it would not surprise me in the slightest if he thought it was a goal in real time but when the confirmation didn't come through he convinced himself that he must have been mistaken. The real failure there was actually with VAR which should have identified the problem and given the goal.

He also did the game against the Pigs a few years ago when they came from 2-0 down in the second half.
He did indeed, although as that was 2011 it was well outside the scope of my search :) You can add the Wednesday equaliser to the list of errors; Madine made no attempt to play the ball and it should have been a freekick to United.

Decent ref my arse, there all the same favour big clubs scared not to
So who is the big club on Saturday ? The one who were Euro champs 40 years ago or the one with the big vociferous crowd ?

Michael Oliver was the referee when we beat Forest 3-1 in the FA Cup under Clough. Gave us a (very clear) penalty.

I think he's one of the better refs, to be honest, even with what happened against Villa.

Well, there was another shocking decision against Forest in the FA Youth Cup final last night when the score was delicately poised at 1-1 with 15 minutes left...

Three minutes of injury time at the end of the second half was somewhat low.

Yep, fair point - I was expecting more as well. Keep an eye out for how often refs play 1 added minute at the end of the first half and 3 as the end of the second half ;-)

One things for sure - we've seen far worse performances from refs this season.

I actually thought he was OK.
A few penalty shouts haven't seen the highlights so don't know if he got them wrong. Although according to the 100% neutral Porktalk WBA had a blatant penalty turned down.
He let the game flow and kept his cards in his pocket.

Bits that I recall:

1. Should have given a pen vs Max Lowe
2. Have a goal kick when the defender clearly deflected Lowe’s cross
3. Gave a throw to WBA when Lowe cleared even though it was obvious not all the ball was over the line.
4. Should have given a penalty for the Judo trip on McAtee.
5. Should have given a penalty for the shove on McBurnie when he was about to head in Sander’s cross.

Apart from that…

Missed three clear penalties. The lino was at fault for the WBA one, but our two he was looking straight at.

I actually thought he was OK.
A few penalty shouts haven't seen the highlights so don't know if he got them wrong. Although according to the 100% neutral Porktalk WBA had a blatant penalty turned down.
He let the game flow and kept his cards in his pocket.
He was OK? Tha what

Also needs a shout out to Don Goodman for praising the referees positioning for the penalty shouts, failing to mention that he came to the wrong decision both times

First off, fucking lmao at the graphics like they're a promoted team.

We didn't lose a game that Bond refereed this season, P6 W5 D1. He dished out more yellows to us than any other team.

First off, fucking lmao at the graphics like they're a promoted team.

We didn't lose a game that Bond refereed this season, P6 W5 D1. He dished out more yellows to us than any other team.

Promotion for a ref is quite substantial, they'll be earning triple in the PL.

Back
Top Bottom