Reasons to be positive

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You think they're much more likely having lost one game less and being three points ahead? Ok.

Hang on hang on. So by that you're going to tell me you think we're more likely to go up than MK Dons then? That's laughable. No football fan would look at the starts of both teams and think sheff utd are the more likely to get promoted. God is where red and white tinted specs come into play.

Phew! The fact that most of our signings are average League 1 players and that our performances have been crap thus far was worrying me. Now I can see everything is going to be alright. o_O

There's a hell of a long way to go.

We didn't start the season until October last season and we ended up a hair's breadth away from the play offs.

Hang on hang on. So by that you're going to tell me you think we're more likely to go up than MK Dons then? That's laughable. No football fan would look at the starts of both teams and think sheff utd are the more likely to get promoted. God is where red and white tinted specs come into play.

Where did I say that? Show me.

I'll spell it out. I'm saying the league is still wide open.

Where did I say that? Show me.

I'll spell it out. I'm saying the league is still wide open.

Because I said MK were much more likely and you disagreed. Therefore,
A logical deduction is that you think we are more likely? Or do you actualy think MK are more likely?

Because I said MK were much more likely and you disagreed. Therefore,
A logical deduction is that you think we are more likely? Or do you actualy think MK are more likely?

Why does it have to be one or the other? Is it not perceivable after 8 games that someone of a reasonable mind would be unable to predict that?.....with only a difference of three points to base it on?

I don't think there is any reasoned debate to be had here. We're not even on the same wavelength.

Do we have to do this everytime we drops points?

Yes

I know the net result is the same (GD aside) but there's a clear difference between merely dropping points and getting battered and conceding five into the bargain. Especially as all the talk has been of scraping enough 1-0 wins to seal promotion.

There's a hell of a long way to go.

We didn't start the season until October last season and we ended up a hair's breadth away from the play offs.

Last season we were resurgent for a couple of reasons. We had a new manager in Clough that actually united the club and fans because he was a proper footballing man and the best appointment in years, and we had signings like Brayford, a talisman and a very good player who really excited the fans.

This season I hope we don't go down the new manager route, so we won't get our boost there, but the signings thus far have been crap. Bang average League 1 players and nobodies like we've signed are not the type to rejuvenate us. We need some exciting, good players in on loan as soon as possible. Players that will excite the fans and will turn our performances from average bordering on poor to good.

Every signing this transfer window has been met with indifference at best or disappointment at worst. I've said it before and will say it again. We signed average League 1 squad fillers to add to what was, in the main, an average League 1 squad, when we should have been signing the quality to differentiate us from the other also-rans in the division.

Oh, and as for us having a strong squad, another point I questioned, we saw how strong it was today when we were without two of our better players in Baxter and Campbell-Ryce.

Like our 3-0 defeat at Crewe last year let's hope this serves as a wake up call. Seem to remember losing 5-2 to Colchester in our promotion winning season in div 4. Only lost 4 that season and guess which was the only game of ours shown on MOTD that season?

I know the net result is the same (GD aside) but there's a clear difference between merely dropping points and getting battered and conceding five into the bargain. Especially as all the talk has been of scraping enough 1-0 wins to seal promotion.
If that became the norm rather than the exception then I'd agree with you.

Why don't you fucking support the team and management instead of riding their backs after every game we win, draw or lose.
people (self included) are in a little bit of shock over the result that is all. .we haven't lost 5 2 for a while i don't think especially when we're supposed to be promotion contenders. i'm over it now :D

MK franchise are scoring goals and playing decent football not scuffling 1-0 wins against the likes if Crawley and Rochdale or only giving it a go when they are 2-0 down, go figure.
Before this season mk dons couldn't do anything other than a scruffy, boring 1-0

Id dread to think what would happen if clough did go .he is a very good manager at working with a non league budget

Oh for god sake, we've been battered I grant you but how often does this happen. ONE BLOODY GAME, I don't expect blind optimism but flipping your tits over one result and a few poor performances is taking the piss

The only saving grace so far is that only Bristol look like running away with the division while a load of teams are separated by just 3-4 points. More worrying than the points total is the level of our performances and the fact that we hav'nt scored many and have a negative goal difference. Just heard Nigel on the radio and he admits we were crap and once again he is saying we need to bring players in. His parting shot was things will change either with these players or with new players. If he can see it and admit it why can't some of this forums posters. We are not good enough simples.

Oh for god sake, we've been battered I grant you but how often does this happen. ONE BLOODY GAME, I don't expect blind optimism but flipping your tits over one result and a few poor performances is taking the piss

I've not flipped anything. I'm just saying that you expect people's views on the side to change if they've just shipped five goals (and seven in a week).

I've not flipped anything. I'm just saying that you expect people's views on the side to change if they've just shipped five goals (and seven in a week).
Yet only conceded 3 in the previous 4 weeks

Why are we leaving it to the last 20mins or so to actually score but then again if we do leave it to last 20mins to score we need a good CB to make sure we win the game.....mgahey shit

What else do we have at this stage of the season but blind optimism? I'm looking at the league table and we're 10th after 8 (EIGHT) games. We have won 4, drawn 1, lost 3. It's so so, fairly average but it's the first 8 games.

Could it improve? Yes it's possible. Could it stay the same or get worse? Yes equally possible. We have no way of telling based on such a small number of games.

By the way, we are 3 points off 2nd place MK Dons....so here are two simple question for you and metalblade....do you think MK Dons are doing well? Do you think they will go up?

I can answer that Patrick, Yes & Yes.

MK franchise are scoring goals and playing decent football not scuffling 1-0 wins against the likes if Crawley and Rochdale or only giving it a go when they are 2-0 down, go figure.
A lot of people were complaining on here when we ONLY beat Rochdale 1 - 0 but not many teams have kept them to nil or beat them for that matter this season. A win is a win in my book no matter how we get them.

In answer to the original question - no!
We'll finish in the play offs (almost by default because its a shit league), play well til Wembley, cost me a fortune and get beat.

Back
Top Bottom