Ravel Morrison

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Let’s not carried away everyone thought the same about another bad boy named Carruthers, look where he is now .
Let’s keep quiet and hope for the best, but he does look promising.

Let’s not carried away everyone thought the same about another bad boy named Carruthers, look where he is now .
Let’s keep quiet and hope for the best, but he does look promising.
With all due respect there is absolute leagues between Morrisons and Carruthers ability, literally and figuratively. You can just see Morrison "has it" that special something you seemingly can't teach.

With all due respect there is absolute leagues between Morrisons and Carruthers ability, literally and figuratively. You can just see Morrison "has it" that special something you seemingly can't teach.
Reminds me of Georgie Best, he also had that "something" in spades. Cannot really be defined, cannot be emulated, just so very irritating for hard working pros. who are up against them.

Really hope that this kid has got his head together and doesn't start acting the twat. I'm sure Wilder has worked on him constantly to get him in the right frame of mind.

He could be at Barnet next year or he could be a world beater with top clubs trying to sign him.
But he's got to realise that this is it for him, last chance saloon. If he doesn't realise it he's an idiot

But he's got to realise that this is it for him, last chance saloon. If he doesn't realise it he's an idiot

Realising it is only half the battle.

Not staying in bed and missing training when you can't be arsed, is the other half.

Basically he's got to front it up and kick himself up the arse every day.

Only he can decide if he really wants it enough.

Will he get a proper chance? What i mean is that he is a cheap punt that might or not might work, those types rarely get as much chances as the ones that were payed a lot or some money in your case. Will Wilder bench Freeman/Robinson or a midfielder that he trust from the promotion season for Ravel if they are not performing?
We have the same problem at Man Utd, if you were signed and you are on decent money you get played ahead of talented youngsters even though they are better. I know Morrison isnt young anymore but he is in similar situation.

Will he get a proper chance? What i mean is that he is a cheap punt that might or not might work, those types rarely get as much chances as the ones that were payed a lot or some money in your case. Will Wilder bench Freeman/Robinson or a midfielder that he trust from the promotion season for Ravel if they are not performing?
We have the same problem at Man Utd, if you were signed and you are on decent money you get played ahead of talented youngsters even though they are better. I know Morrison isnt young anymore but he is in similar situation.
I still think as he integrates further with the squad we'll use him deeper as a replacement/alternate for Fleck as well as behind the front two.
It's worth noting that he's not played over 20 league games in a season since 2012/13, so I'd say 25-30 appearances throughout the season would be about right for him.

Had a good 60 minutes last night.

His feet remind me of Sugar Ray Leonard’s fists !!

Don’t blink 😀👍

He appears to be more of a box to box type. Typically receiving the ball deep and then more of a give and go type rather than a give and stay (Norwood) type.

But I don’t see him as an out and out CAM in the Duffy / Freeman and even Dids mould.

UTB

I would say if theres one manager who will play players based on carrying out the job they were tasked to do rather than based on money brought in for, then Wilders your guy..

I would say if theres one manager who will play players based on carrying out the job they were tasked to do rather than based on money brought in for, then Wilders your guy..

cheers, sounds promising :)

If he does come good, and there is good reason to expect this, he will slot in to a flat midfield 3.

UTB

If he does come good, and there is good reason to expect this, he will slot in to a flat midfield 3.

UTB

A good point DB and a relevant on with no obvious option for the RCM role and a square peg (Lundstram) being used to fill it which doesn't suit either him or the team. Even so, I still think the squad is light in central midfielders and wouldn't be surprised to see another join this week.

UTB

Many expect him to come good.....he’ll appear really happy with us in top form with the world at his feet.......then he’ll not turn up for training.
He’ll receive a warning, apologise.....then not turn up to training again....he’ll receive another warning about his conduct.....
......then he’ll refuse to play declaring himself injured......then he’ll decide to have time off saying he’s not in the right frame of mind to play.

His playing ability has never been a problem......it’s his off field reliability/ distractions and difficulty with anyone in authority that he struggles with.
He’s now much older and knows this is his last chance at top level football, so hopefully he’s grown up
Or if his off field behaviour is mental health related then let’s hope he has a support structure in place.

Many expect him to come good.....he’ll appear really happy with us in top form with the world at his feet.......then he’ll not turn up for training.
He’ll receive a warning, apologise.....then not turn up to training again....he’ll receive another warning about his conduct.....
......then he’ll refuse to play declaring himself injured......then he’ll decide to have time off saying he’s not in the right frame of mind to play.

His playing ability has never been a problem......it’s his off field reliability/ distractions and difficulty with anyone in authority that he struggles with.
He’s now much older and knows this is his last chance at top level football, so hopefully he’s grown up
Or if his off field behaviour is mental health related then let’s hope he has a support structure in place.
I think with Wilder in charge his time at at Bramall Lane will end after your first sentence.

Men grow up. Eventually. Usually.

This may or may not happen soon with Rav.

I doubt our 1 year contract is sufficient for him to rest on his laurels thinking he’s back in the big time. He has got to work hard to earn a longer contract, either with us or elsewhere.

On top of which, didn’t Wilder confirm contractual obligations as regards behaviour ?
I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.

UTB

Personally i take the whole WH stint with a pinch of salt, he had problems elsewhere as well so its better to focus on those because how he acted at West Ham is completely understandable(even for a senior pro let alone a kid) when you take in consideration what Big Sam did to him, pretty much ruined his career.
Mind you, Morrison at the end of the day can blame only himself but people often forget and ignore some stuff just so they can continue with their hate, and in his case its in 90% complete nonsense which is funny as fuck because you dont lack true material.

Men grow up. Eventually. Usually.

This may or may not happen soon with Rav.

I doubt our 1 year contract is sufficient for him to rest on his laurels thinking he’s back in the big time. He has got to work hard to earn a longer contract, either with us or elsewhere.

On top of which, didn’t Wilder confirm contractual obligations as regards behaviour ?
I’d give him the benefit of the doubt. For now.

UTB

Interesting to note Ostersund were trying to get him to sign a new contract with them but he wanted to return to the UK, so seems like they didn't have any issues with him while he was there.

Personally i take the whole WH stint with a pinch of salt, he had problems elsewhere as well so its better to focus on those because how he acted at West Ham is completely understandable(even for a senior pro let alone a kid) when you take in consideration what Big Sam did to him, pretty much ruined his career.
Mind you, Morrison at the end of the day can blame only himself but people often forget and ignore some stuff just so they can continue with their hate, and in his case its in 90% complete nonsense which is funny as fuck because you dont lack true material.

Yeah we only see some of what happens and its all hearsay & rumour.
In my opinion the West Ham move was probably a bad one for him in hindsight. Sending him to London (with all its temptations & distractions) and a probable lack of support from within the club, was a bad move.
He's now 26 and should be in the prime of his career. In my opinion he will have a good season and be looking to make up for lost time. Being back up north and having a decent support network around him will do him good.

At West Ham, Allardyce said he wouldn't start him or offer a better contract unless he signed up with Allardyce's agent right?

At West Ham, Allardyce said he wouldn't start him or offer a better contract unless he signed up with Allardyce's agent right?

yes, not that just wouldnt start him but he removed him out of the team completely and sent him on loan...of course nobody believed Morrison when he came out with it until the whole england fiasco with Big Sam appeared but at that point nobody really cared and all was forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom