Proud as fuck

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Battered forest tonight. Keeper MOM is the difference. Forest know it, we know it. We said over the season they can be beat despite the media love in, pens is just a lottery.

Great display from the Blades. Becky & co have been excellent. Do worry for next season. No MGW. Fleck, Norwood another year older. Egan, boldock, Ndiaye could easily be sold

Only liverpool to beat them this year at home over 90 minutes. To do that tonight was fucking brilliant. We would have took pens at the start of the game.

I never thought I'd be gutted tonight but it's a testament to this team that I was. They're not the Wilder team of 19/20 but they're as good as Forest's best team for 25 years. Complete credit to them tonight
Exactly my feeling, no real expectation and at 1-0 down having been the better team for the first 20 minutes, I thought it was over.

Having taken us to the brink though, ultimately they let us down, finding a new way to lose a play off semi-final, we’ve never gone out on penalties at this stage before 🙂

Tonight was the first time that I felt good after losing in the play offs. We turned up. We dominated. We outplayed Forest and we only struggled to create or score more due to out entire strike force being wiped out through injury.

I thought RND and Baldock were immense tonight, which I rarely say about Baldock.

The Blades did us proud. The rebuild for another push might take a few seasons, but we'll get there.

Forest found out that they're not all that. They're not invincible and they can be stopped. The play off final should be a good even game. Come on Huddersfield. So many of their fans were over confident going into this and so many were celebrating after the final whistle and acting like they're guaranteed to win the final, as if they'd already forgotten tonight's result and performance. I loved that we beat them and made them squirm by making them suffer a penalty shootout, even though they won.

Up the Blades.

Absolutely loved watching us tonight, on any other day we would have won, I'm a very proud (and drunkish) blade, our heads are held high, we'll done Hecky, Jack and. McCall, bring on next season

Well said .

Up until the time when they took over , it had reached the point where being a Blades fan had become as depressing and embarrassing as almost any other period in my long journey as a supporter .

Somehow , they have managed to take a group of players who were bereft of any sense of self belief who had spent almost 18 months producing some of the most negative and least effective football it has ever been my misfortune to watch , into one which rediscovered the identity of our great club and capable of producing the kind of performances we saw against Fulham and again tonight .

If that’s not a sign of excellent management skills (and I include all three of them in this) then I don’t know what is .

We played 210 minutes against the unstoppable forest and apart from about 60 minutes we absolutely battered them, over the tie we were the better team and that's undeniable, we lost but I feel incredibly proud, and losing in a penalty shootout will not take anything away from that, well done lads and I'm so looking forward to next season, and before hecky I dont think I would be

Top post.
They were awesome and deserve huge credit.

Get on the beech lads.

But... remember this feeling... their gloating!
It's fuel for next season.

One or two new recruits needed, let's hope - if we are taken over - its done ASAP and HJ&McC have a budget they can work with. A critical season with the last parachute finance.

UTB

Shut them wankers up last night thinking they’d won it so early. Very unlucky to lose the way we did.

Thought the players were excellent last night. Showed fight and bottle to not let those heads go down after conceding. Those players deserve immense credit

Just to add. I'm still gutted about the pen shootout. What a way to go out. After all that hard work it comes down to a lottery

Strange just how shit we've been at pens for as long as I can remember

Weirdly this is the first time where I've not felt depressed after a play off defeat. I slagged the core of this team off earlier in the season because I said they have no fight anymore...but over the last few weeks, when we've needed it the most, the core of the squad have proven that they still want it. Never give up attitude which stems from the manager. Unreal effort.

Thought we really exposed Forest as a pretty one-dimensional team. When you have a team that's brave enough to press their wing-backs high and stop them playing, they have nothing else to offer. They were terrible in possession and looked shaky whenever a ball went into their box. They got lucky last night - simple as that. Well done Blades.

Back
Top Bottom