Programmes 3 quid

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Need4speed

Reaction score
According to pork talk the programme guy who shout Programmes 3 quid who also sold at the rust bucket has died Does anybody know him and can confirm or deny. When we previously in the Prem he had a seat with his family along from me and would watch the second half. Great laugh season before last when all south stand started singing after him

Seen it on social media, unfortunately looks like it’s true, people who knew him commenting how sad and looks like he sadly took his own life. Always thought of him as part of the United furniture.

Keeping talking to each other if any of you have dark thoughts, there’s always someone, friend, family or even a stranger who will listen x

Sad news indeed, RIP 3 Quidder,
condolences to family and friends.

Other posts on twitter saying he's alive and well .close the thread

Sad news. I’ve posted before that we used to see him selling programmes for 50p with a squeaky voice in the 80s so he was at it a long time.

Aside from the bit about his brother I hope this is true. It's a daft thing to be known for but it's the little things like him that add to the whole football community on a matchday. Same as the people who've sat around me for a decade or more now that I'll occasionally chat to without ever knowing their names. The fact you can shout "Match programmes three quid" and every Blade who's been to a few games will crack a smile is part of what makes us all together.

If

If it's the same Nigel Laws, I used to work with him.
Used to live in Dronfield. Not sure about now. Last time I saw him was when he was working at National Tyres in Chesterfield about 25 years ago. He supports Wendy

He’s second only to Mr Meadows in the BDTBL Hall of Sort of Fame.

When his name disappeared from matchday, me and my old man (who's sadly passed away just over a week ago too) came up with the following to the tune of "Where Have All The Flowers Gone?"

"Where has Mr Meadows gone?
Long time passing..
Where has poor old Meadows gone?
Long time ago...

Where has he gone?
Has he expired?
Is his assistance still required?

Is Meadows still alive?
Or has he gone
To Phase 5.. "

By the way, I did eventually find out what Phase 5 meant, but thats for another thread and another day...

Charges me £7. But does slip a mini copy of Razzle in it. I'm too shy to buy it.
Funny you should mention that. Apparently at Hillsborough the shout is "Razzle £3!"
They're talk embarrassed there to admit to being at the match!

Did my apprenticeship working and repairing motor vehicles 1970. The amount of cars that would come in with the Razzle ( other magazines are available) stashed under the boot carpet was unbelievable. Passed many a minutes reading: nay looking at these mags . Could never work out why anyone would hide them there .
Once a lady came in to collect belongings from their write off car thinking she would be collecting the usual stuff ,but under the boot carpet there was about a dozen of these mags which she obviously didn't know where there, her face was a picture when the manager said," Oh these where in the boot under the carpet ,do you want them".
Bet the husband got the biggest bollocking (or best sex) when she got home.

Back
Top Bottom