Premiership vote on loans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

munksyb

Reaction score
What the hell are we doing, siding with
Newcastle
Chelsea
Man city
Etc

Voting against the block on cart Blanche loans from associated clubs abroad 🙄

Where is our integrity

What the hell are we doing, siding with
Newcastle
Chelsea
Man city
Etc

Voting against the block on cart Blanche loans from associated clubs abroad 🙄

Where is our integrity
It has to be a benefit for us if we voted against the ban, Burnley did the same. Let's see what happens in the January window. I am not talking about loans from Beerschot, Kerela United etc

It has to be a benefit for us if we voted against the ban, Burnley did the same. Let's see what happens in the January window. I am not talking about loans from Beerschot, Kerela United etc

We voted for it because it is the Prince's interest to do what he is told by the Saudi state entity that controls Newcastle. That's all there is to it.

We will not benefit by this arrangement. it has been nothing but a financial drain for us.

This benefits Newcastle more than any other club in the league.

Newcastle are owned by the Public Investment Fund of Saudi Arabia.

Our owner is a member of the Saudi royal family- which is the only logical reason behind us backing this that I can determine; especially since the prince is looking to offload United World anyway.

We voted for it because it is the Prince's interest to do what he is told by the Saudi state entity that controls Newcastle. That's all there is to it.
A typical answer coming from you. Why not wait until after the transfer window

That does seem very likely, although I also wondered if there was an element of trying to stay on Man City's good side given that we seem to have a solid relationship with them (Doyle loan, McAtee loan x2, and I thought there was some noise about City having helped us out with some of the scouting etc on Souza given he was playing for one of the "City group" clubs).

That does seem very likely, although I also wondered if there was an element of trying to stay on Man City's good side given that we seem to have a solid relationship with them (Doyle loan, McAtee loan x2, and I thought there was some noise about City having helped us out with some of the scouting etc on Souza given he was playing for one of the "City group" clubs).
That might be a subsidiary reason, but not the primary reason.

Did we not vote in favour of man city not long back when they'd done another naughty financial dealing? I don't know if i'm going full tin-hat but i cant help think its a bit of a 'scratch your back/scratch ours' scenario.

I suppose we'll find out when Jacob Murphy is tearing it up in red and white next year 😁

Probably mostly Newcastle, but a side portion of being friends with City.

I wonder whether we'll end up with a Saudi club ourselves, as a reward for voting the right way.

[QUOTE="Revolution, post: 4899814, member: 2349"

As for the transfer window, were you under a rock in January 2021?
[/QUOTE]
How do you mean?

[QUOTE="Revolution, post: 4899814, member: 2349"

As for the transfer window, were you under a rock in January 2021?
How do you mean?
[/QUOTE]
Our position was hopeless in 2021, and we spent nothing in the transfer window.

If it is hopeless this January, expect to spend no money and bring in no loan signings.

How do you mean?
Our position was hopeless in 2021, and we spent nothing in the transfer window.

If it is hopeless this January, expect to spend no money and bring in no loan signings.
[/QUOTE]
Wilder said summer 2020 was best ever transfer window but I disagreed. We had overspent the budget and it was a stupid thing to do especially when we are losing so much during The Covid season

By allowing Newcastle (for example) to strengthen in January using loans (and thus not getting into FFP issues), we increase the chances of another result such as they one they had against Bournemouth not happening again. Newcastle also have Everton, Forest, Luton and Fulham to play in next few weeks (although this move does not become effective until January).

Can anyone recall the vote (I think around 2019/20) where we were one of only a handful that made a vote in favour of Manchester City?

If we look past the possibility of our owner being "influenced" by other parties - I can actually see a kind of logic here for us, in so much as I can see why we wouldn`t particularly care either way.

Man C, Newcastle - both clubs with resources, and squads so far beyond what we have that any additional benefit is unlikely to make much difference to a result between us and them.

What does it matter if Newcastle loan 3 players from their other clubs in January? We were already facing a 1st 11 far in excess of ours and a bench full of players that would walk into our 1st 11.

The fact is they can only have so many players play against us (11 + 5 subs) - I can`t see how this is going to be any harder for us if they swap out any of the players in those 16 for loans they bring in.

Throw in keeping man C happy given our recent loan arrangements with them - and I can see why we didn`t strike it down.

Having said that, the whole process stinks and it should be stopped.

1700652178589.png

Found it, remember it spurred some nice words from Pep and evidently massively benefited us in our relationship with them.

A typical answer coming from you. Why not wait until after the transfer window
I don’t see that the reason for voting in that way would be any different in Jan/Feb than this week, unless you think there are players in UW who we may want.

(Doyle loan, McAtee loan x2, and I thought there was some noise about City having helped us out with some of the scouting etc on Souza given he was playing for one of the "City group" clubs).

Replace 'having helped us out' with 'fucking us over'.

Silly question, who exactly decides on the way we vote on these things? I remember Klopp blaming Wilder for the being against the 5 substitutes rule, do we defer some of them down to the manager?

Silly question, who exactly decides on the way we vote on these things? I remember Klopp blaming Wilder for the being against the 5 substitutes rule, do we defer some of them down to the manager?

I imagine it's on a case by case basis

Back
Top Bottom