Player Suggestion Premiership Squad

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Worth mentioning Hecky's interview where he spoke of unhappiness with our scouting situation. I hope we have the wherewithal to indentify talent, particularly the fabled cheap foreign gems.

Mike Trésor Ndayishimiye from Genk - 23 years old. PL clubs interested, 18 assists this season.
Rodon on loan at Rennes - 25. They have an option to buy, could we nip in?
Ballard at Sunderland - 23. Injury hit season, but could destined to bigger things.
Calvin Stengs - 24. Successful loan at Antwerp on loan from Nice. Fast.
Sal Bibbo - 105. Knows the club. Safe hands.

Two tidy, hardworking and efficient left footed CMs who'd fit into our old LCM role nicely are Makengo at Toulouse and Duncan at Fiorentina. The latter would be cheaper

Think Gyokeres will be beyond us, few prem clubs said to be interested. He’s class like, would love him.
Good player and good character who would fit well in with our current set of players. Seen him since he was 12, always impressed with his running, physique and determination. I like the physical aspect of his game and he would offer something we dont have at the moment.

• Giles from boro would suit us so well
  • Coady if everton go down would fit into our back three
  • Billing from Bournemouth if they good down, think we need some height in midfield
  • Che Adams back, don’t think he’d cost too much and I think he’d be better in our formation instead of being a lone striker
  • Tavernier again from Bournemouth, always looks decent and being left footed would help balance the side out if we can’t get McAtee back
  • Struijk from Leeds is a left sided centre back which is always a problem area for depth playing the way we do
  • Johansson from Rotherham has been one of the stand out keepers this season for me, would compete with Wes for the #1 shirt
  • Beyer who’s been on loan at Burnley from Monchengladback, think they’d have first dibs but another who could slot in at RCB and move Anel centrally
  • Ballard from Sunderland, liked the look of him when I’ve watched the few games on tv
  • Clark from Sunderland too, same as above, could be a good attacking option as LWB but defensively not great, maybe best him playing in a McAtee #10 role
  • Kyle Walker, probably still the best RB in the world for me, showed his quality against us on Saturday and still is fucking rapid
  • And last but not least Doyle and McAtee, I’d love both these lads back next season, they just get the club and they learn from each game - especially McAtee, the Luton game he literally looked like a lost boy but he’s grown into such a fantastic player who’s matured and aged in a season

Not saying we can buy all of these but think all of these could fit our shape really easy which helps integrate them better

Agree on Johansson, its a good shout. Worked hard and determined to get where he is now, from signing for Villa academy 10 years ago, all the way through the youth teams and reserves and finally getting a look in at Rotherham. Only concern is that he has had only one consistent season and is unproven at a bigger club/stage. Playing for Sheffield United is different than Rotherham in terms of expectation and external pressure. But, as a Swede, Id love to see another one in addition to Anel. And I am sure he would be better than Lee Baxter...

Midfield should be the big focus. We’ve struggled to keep possession against some average champ teams this season. Players with composure on the ball. Will be needed to avoid long aimless balls into channels next season against much better oppo.

To mirror what others have said. I would be looking at these.

WBA
Swift
Wallace
BRISTOL CITY
Scott
QPR
Chair
SWANSEA
Manning
Piroe
WATFORD
Pedro
LUTON
Morris
COVENTRY
Gyökeres
Hamer
BIRMINGHAM
Hannibal
Bellingham

I also saw albrighton was playing for WBA, might be worth a go just for set pieces.

Midfield should be the big focus. We’ve struggled to keep possession against some average champ teams this season. Players with composure on the ball. Will be needed to avoid long aimless balls into channels next season against much better oppo.

WBA
Swift
Wallace
BRISTOL CITY
Scott
QPR
Chair
SWANSEA
Manning
Piroe
WATFORD
Pedro
LUTON
Morris
COVENTRY
Gyökeres
Hamer
BIRMINGHAM
Hannibal
Bellingham

I also saw albrighton was playing for WBA, might be worth a go just for set pieces.

I'd say Swift and Wallace (of the latter can play off a striker - we've got a terrible history have signing winger we then don't play!)
Scott's and Gyorkes are out of our league, I reckon
Piroe is an interesting one and I reckon there might be some legs there.
I don't think we'd go for the Watford attackers, and there are question marks over their workrate, but I'd probably take Sarr over Pedro. I doubt we could afford either. I'd be interested in what Leicester would want for Choudhury though.
I think Morris would be decent competition for McBurnie and fairly cheap (should they not go up)

I'd say Swift and Wallace (of the latter can play off a striker - we've got a terrible history have signing winger we then don't play!)
Scott's and Gyorkes are out of our league, I reckon
Piroe is an interesting one and I reckon there might be some legs there.
I don't think we'd go for the Watford attackers, and there are question marks over their workrate, but I'd probably take Sarr over Pedro. I doubt we could afford either. I'd be interested in what Leicester would want for Choudhury though.
I think Morris would be decent competition for McBurnie and fairly cheap (should they not go up)
I think morris would make the step up. He's a powerful striker with a explosive shot on him. Capable of scoring lots of different types of goals. I missed out a few players but Patino from blackpool/arsenal could be a fantastic loan signing as well.

Good player and good character who would fit well in with our current set of players. Seen him since he was 12, always impressed with his running, physique and determination. I like the physical aspect of his game and he would offer something we dont have at the moment.
Yeah, he'd certainly be something we don't have at the moment.. £20 plus mil

Worth mentioning Hecky's interview where he spoke of unhappiness with our scouting situation. I hope we have the wherewithal to indentify talent, particularly the fabled cheap foreign gems.
What interview was that?
I never really hear much about our scouts.

WBA
Swift
Wallace
BRISTOL CITY
Scott
QPR
Chair
SWANSEA
Manning
Piroe
WATFORD
Pedro
LUTON
Morris
COVENTRY
Gyökeres
Hamer
BIRMINGHAM
Hannibal
Bellingham

There's some good players on there - but one thing that you notice in the Premier League is the physicality.
Quite a lot of the players doing well in the championship are small, tidy players.
In the premier they will just get barged off the ball and run all over.
So I would only look at good Championship players who are also athletic.
This cuts your list down to: Gyokeres; Morris; Bellingham and possibly Piroe (who is big but soft). Maybe stick Chuba Akpom in there.
All the athletic footballers doing well in the Championship are Prem loanees.
It's one area we have struggled with thinking of Fleck; Osborn etc

Chong at brum and willock at qpr
The wing back at stoke who is out of contract as well as da silva at brizzle who is also out of contract

We ain't wasting limited funds on a new keeper period.

Davies contract was short term till the end of the season but there is an option to extend which we will be triggering.

Wes will stay number 1.
And that would result in almost instantaneous relegation. Hopefully the manager would be a bit more sensible and look at upgrading this key position.
Wes cost us against Burnley and almost in the games that followed that. He is going to have players like Tella running in behind a lot more often.
2 red cards this season, and is getting more injury prone. In summary I would say this season has been ok for Wes but certainly not as good as last year where he looked confident and a massive upgrade on Olsen.
You need to have a very good goalie if you want to stay up
I would be trying to snatch the Sunderland goalie out of Everton's hands - and I guess his availability depends on if Sunderland go up. And we probably cant afford him.

I’d put a bid in for Josh Sargent @ Norwich.
Right age, plays the ball on the deck, strong and a good footballing brain.
Got a bit lost this year at Norwich but could easily bounce back.
Creative as well👍👍👍
Sargent is quite a good shout actually, as a wildcard sort of signing. Versatile, quick and direct player..... good ability too and I agree he didn't show his true level this season. Started well then faded, same as the weak team he plays for

I’d put a bid in for Josh Sargent @ Norwich.
Right age, plays the ball on the deck, strong and a good footballing brain.
Got a bit lost this year at Norwich but could easily bounce back.
Creative as well👍👍👍
Just waiting for someone to mention him , 23 years old, strong and would hold the ball up. Wouldn’t cost the earth , he should be on the list.

If this happens I would try and use him as a part exchange deal for BBD.
yeah good shout that wouldnt be adverse to brereton-diaz signing for us big aggresive and scores plenty and might just be within our price range although che adams would still be my number 1 choice but definetly need 2 strikers in very much doubt brewster and mcburnie will be good enough for the premier league but certainly hope they both prove me wrong

yeah good shout that wouldnt be adverse to brereton-diaz signing for us big aggresive and scores plenty and might just be within our price range although che adams would still be my number 1 choice but definetly need 2 strikers in very much doubt brewster and mcburnie will be good enough for the premier league but certainly hope they both prove me wrong

He was walking very badly on Saturday, when he went onto the pitch for the pictures taking, on Saturday. I don't think we will be back this side of Christmas.

I think we could do with an experienced GK on a free to battle out the number 1 spot with Wes, just had a look and there are some reasonable options with expiring contracts:

Begovic - at Everton and i'd imagine he'll be released, loads of experience and compatriot of Anel

Tom Heaton - he's 37 now so no spring chicken, but Man U might be looking at shifting him on with his contract expiring this season

Fabianski - another PL big name of the past, West Ham contract expiring and might be looking for a new club if they find a new GK as expected

I think we could do with an experienced GK on a free to battle out the number 1 spot with Wes, just had a look and there are some reasonable options with expiring contracts:

Begovic - at Everton and i'd imagine he'll be released, loads of experience and compatriot of Anel

Tom Heaton - he's 37 now so no spring chicken, but Man U might be looking at shifting him on with his contract expiring this season

Fabianski - another PL big name of the past, West Ham contract expiring and might be looking for a new club if they find a new GK as expected
Kasper Schmeichel might fancy another crack in the PL?

Brereton Diaz has already signed a precontract with a Spanish side; and is out of contract with Blackburn in the summer anyway so not much hope of a ‘bargaining chip’

Back
Top Bottom