Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Wolves

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

A little known fact for you all .
Wolverhampton Wanderers used to have a nursery club in Wath up on Dearne ...
I'll get me coyt ...
Yes Wath Upon Dearne
They scouted Martin Patching from there. He was a promising inside forward before injury.
Sad what you remember when you get old but can't remember where you put your glasses five minutes ago

Never had a problem will Wolves or the fans. Always felt they were the more reasonable set out of the Midlands clubs alongside WBA. Can’t stand Villa mind you.

Even after Cardiff they were quite gracious, well I suppose you are 3-0 up at HT!! Not that we’d know anything about that!

Yes Wath Upon Dearne
They scouted Martin Patching from there. He was a promising inside forward before injury.
Sad what you remember when you get old but can't remember where you put your glasses five minutes ago
Two more South Yorkshiremen... Alan Sunderland and Peter Knowles

Reactions: LSF
Never had a problem will Wolves or the fans. Always felt they were the more reasonable set out of the Midlands clubs alongside WBA. Can’t stand Villa mind you.

Even after Cardiff they were quite gracious, well I suppose you are 3-0 up at HT!! Not that we’d know anything about that!
You sound like their equivalent of a ‘Man City’ fan..

They got weirdly jealous over our strong first season in the PL. They didn't like that people were comparing our "best newcomer" season to theirs.

Above comments are right though. They've done really well at stabilising themselves as a PL club. Good management of the footballing side of things (Jorge Mendes influence, Espirito-Santo did really well with recruitment and systems). But of course, they're also fortunate to have been bankrolled by billionaire Chinese owners. No idea what attracted them to "Wolverhampton" but it's a shame we can't seem to strike lucky on that front.
Because they were debr free and in fact made a profit

Enabling them to spend their way up

Eh? Do explain.
Sorry, what I meant is we get Wednesday fans pretending to be Man City fans or fans of other clubs and bigging up Wednesday by saying how great a club they are and how fantastic their fans are.
While saying at the same time how crap United and our fans are.

You sounded like the Wolves equivalent.

I was joking.

Here is a clip from the match in 1995, with the dreadful spitting incident.

HH

“If we can’t make a few changes and beat Sheffield United….then realistically are we gonna win the cup”

Can confirm, no!😆

Two more South Yorkshiremen... Alan Sunderland and Peter Knowles
I played against Alan Sunderland through from U11 to U15, he was a Mexborough G.S. lad and as a schoolboy was tiny. However, he was a lightening quick and tricky right winger and we learned over the years, stop Sunny (his nickname in those days), stop Mexborough. We generally achieved that one way or the other if you get my drift..
He also played for Don & Dearne U15's when I played for Sheffield Boys U15, he was a different animal by then and D&D had a good team that year, strong, physical and Sunderland providing the pace and thrust. They pissed on us several times that season (67-68).
No surprise the Wolves scouting network, strong in S. Yorks (via Wath Wanderers) took him away to Staffordshire.

I played against Alan Sunderland through from U11 to U15, he was a Mexborough G.S. lad and as a schoolboy was tiny. However, he was a lightening quick and tricky right winger and we learned over the years, stop Sunny (his nickname in those days), stop Mexborough. We generally achieved that one way or the other if you get my drift..
He also played for Don & Dearne U15's when I played for Sheffield Boys U15, he was a different animal by then and D&D had a good team that year, strong, physical and Sunderland providing the pace and thrust. They pissed on us several times that season (67-68).
No surprise the Wolves scouting network, strong in S. Yorks (via Wath Wanderers) took him away to Staffordshire.
Looking different nowadays

1641734908182.png

Reactions: LSF

Sorry, what I meant is we get Wednesday fans pretending to be Man City fans or fans of other clubs and bigging up Wednesday by saying how great a club they are and how fantastic their fans are.
While saying at the same time how crap United and our fans are.

You sounded like the Wolves equivalent.

I was joking.
Oh, sorry, wasn’t aware of that happening! Sad twats!

Back
Top Bottom