Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Wolves

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Interesting discussion about MGW

Think we will win

One day

Wolves are a good example of how to do the Prem. They've more than held there own since promotion and have a proper old fashioned football ground. Does anyone else think their kit is more yellow than old gold these days? Really looking forward to seeing that Derek Dougan guy though.

Sorry, thought this was view from Sheffield United. 😁

I remember some low life spitting at Graham Taylor, I think he got a lifetime ban from The Lane, don’t remember Taylor going all Edward Woodward in the Equaliser though.

Cheers roy, they seem to have mellowed, i remember a few years ago they showed real hatred towards us, any way very reasoned comments

I remember some low life spitting at Graham Taylor, I think he got a lifetime ban from The Lane, don’t remember Taylor going all Edward Woodward in the Equaliser though.
You remember wrong re Taylor's reaction, he went fucking berserk! It led to us installing the concertina style tunnel shorty after.

Thanks Roy!A proper MGW love-in there,but with a worrying lack of bile from them towards us as they usually aren't that nice.
Let's see if it continues when we beat them.

Thanks Roy, I knew you would be able to get one out eventually, even if they didn't want to talk about the match!

Thanks Roy

Remember that day when Taylor went after one of our fans 😂

What a set of well balanced and well informed comments .

I’ve always had a soft spot for Wolves , going right back to watching them play some of Europe’s top sides under floodlights on black and white tv back in the 50’s . I particularly remember their flying wingers Hancocks and Mullen , the former being just 5ft.4ins. tall and reputed to wear size 3 boots !

Looking forward to this. Got a few wolves mates, meeting up with em and kids b4 game. 3-1 wolves but a good day out and a solid blades performance after a stupid amount of time of. UTB

For the first time in 2022.....

"Cheers Panchero!"

Cheers roy, they seem to have mellowed, i remember a few years ago they showed real hatred towards us, any way very reasoned comments

They got weirdly jealous over our strong first season in the PL. They didn't like that people were comparing our "best newcomer" season to theirs.

Above comments are right though. They've done really well at stabilising themselves as a PL club. Good management of the footballing side of things (Jorge Mendes influence, Espirito-Santo did really well with recruitment and systems). But of course, they're also fortunate to have been bankrolled by billionaire Chinese owners. No idea what attracted them to "Wolverhampton" but it's a shame we can't seem to strike lucky on that front.

Wolves are a good example of how to do the Prem. They've more than held there own since promotion and have a proper old fashioned football ground. Does anyone else think their kit is more yellow than old gold these days? Really looking forward to seeing that Derek Dougan guy though.

Sorry, thought this was view from Sheffield United. 😁

Well yeah, they've thrown a ton of money at it.

As for for the views...

“No respectable club is going to want to take our young talent on loan if we yank them back the moment they start contributing!
We owe it to Sheffield United to keep MGW there for their play-off push.
MGW back in the summer after a successful loan spell is far more appealing than back in January with his mission only half accomplished.”

Hands up, who created an account and posted this?

You remember wrong re Taylor's reaction, he went fucking berserk! It led to us installing the concertina style tunnel shorty after.

I was right next to bloke who did it, thought Turnip had gone crackers when he went wading into the crowd. To be fair I thought he was coming straight at me, then at the last minute grabbed the bloke next to me "I want this man arrested". I'd not actually seen the geb hit him in the eye, but witnessed his re-action, I just thought he'd lost his marbles. Taylor had spent a good while arguing with United fans around that tunnel area before it all happened and remember Don Goodman jogging past, looking at Turnip as if to say what is he doing!!! I also got the back of my head on national news that night, in the days when I head a lovely full head of hair, them were the days before stress and women!!!

Well yeah, they've thrown a ton of money at it.

As for for the views...

“No respectable club is going to want to take our young talent on loan if we yank them back the moment they start contributing!
We owe it to Sheffield United to keep MGW there for their play-off push.
MGW back in the summer after a successful loan spell is far more appealing than back in January with his mission only half accomplished.”

Hands up, who created an account and posted this?
✋

Cup games can't get called off.

So get ur old Sunday league boots dusted down blades fans, you might well be needed! 😂
I'll play left centre half.

Not out of Covid jail until Tuesday though.

I'll wear a mask.

A little known fact for you all .
Wolverhampton Wanderers used to have a nursery club in Wath up on Dearne ...
I'll get me coyt ...

Wasn't this not too long after Cantona's kung fu kick?

Seemed there was a period of players/managers going utterly mental on fans around that time, think Brian Clough punching a fan was not long before that.

Back
Top Bottom