Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Rotherham

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

These are going to be well up for this, but so will our lads. If we play anything like our best, we should have enough.

Rotherham away from home have played 9 won 1 drawn 4 lost 4

So they are poor away from home however looking at their results shows they don't concede too many.
Their heaviest defeats have been 3-0 twice.

DRAW Preston 0 RU 0
DRAW QPR 1 RU 1
LOST Sunderland 3 RU 0
DRAW Middlesboro 0 RU 0
LOST Blackburn 3 RU 0
WON Stoke 0 RU 1
DRAWCoventry 2 RU 2
LOST Cardiff 1 RO 0
LOST Burnley 3 RU 2

My view is that 1st goal is so important.
If RU score first then assume they'll pack the defence and make it tough, we tend to struggle against that style, so they might scrape a draw.
If we score 1st and they play a positive open game, then we are likely to score again then their heads will drop and we
could end up having a similar game to when we thrashed Blackburn and Reading.

Night matches are always special at the Lane, should be a great atmosphere with a 30K crowd,
might even end up beating the 30,035 we had against Norwich, which is currently our highest of the season.
Just done a count and there's 197 tickets left
86 in the Bramall Lane Upper tier and 108 in the Kop corners stand + 1 in the BL corner stand
The Kop, South Stand and John Street stand are all sold out.

Last edited:
Cheers roy, these dont seem confident, that worries me, always liked rotherham i worked in rawmarsh for 20 years so ive a soft spot for them.hope for a 2-0 win and no more injuries

Rotherham away from home have played 9 won 1 drawn 4 lost 4

So they are poor away from home however looking at their results shows they don't concede too many.
Their heaviest defeats have been 3-0 twice.

DRAW Preston 0 RU 0
DRAW QPR 1 RU 1
LOST Sunderland 3 RU 0
DRAW Middlesboro 0 RU 0
LOST Blackburn 3 RU 0
WON Stoke 0 RU 1
DRAWCoventry 2 RU 2
LOST Cardiff 1 RO 0
LOST Burnley 3 RU 2

My view is that 1st goal is so important.
If RU score first then assume they'll pack the defence and make it tough, we tend to struggle against that style, so they might scrape a draw.
If we score 1st and they play a positive open game, then we are likely to score again then their heads will drop and we
could end up having a similar game to when we thrashed Blackburn and Reading.

Night matches are always special at the Lane, should be a great atmosphere with a 30K crowd,
might even end up beating the 30,035 we had against Norwich, which is currently our highest of the season.
Just done a count and there's 197 tickets left
86 in the Bramall Lane Upper tier and 108 in the Kop corners stand + 1 in the BL corner stand
The Kop, South Stand and John Street stand are all sold out.
What were Burnleys heaviest defeats before satdy??
And I thought there were no tickets for the Kop available currently??

Cheers Roy. Don't mind the Millers at all, but this will probably be a tricky game and could get scrappy. To be fair, I'm just going to be happy with the win however it comes.

A few of my family are Rotherham fans. Spoke with my cousin earlier and he fears that they’ll get battered too. I told him it’d be the least Sheffield United thing ever to follow up a 5-2 win against the league leaders, with another good win. We love to make it hard for ourselves, so I’m not convinced it’ll be cut and dry.
Yeah my Millers mate is the same, he's not looking forward to it, but I agree it won't be an easy game.. they aren't coming to try and play us off the park like Burnley, they'll defend the balls into the box, long throws crosses better than Burnley, and keep a good shape and can hit us on the break.. My mate calls them the pigs more than I do,..I'll go 2-1 Blades.

What were Burnleys heaviest defeats before satdy??
And I thought there were no tickets for the Kop available currently??

Burnley have only had 1 defeat before playing us, it was the 3rd match of the season losing 0-1 away to Watford, hence their confidence.

Agree no tickets left on the Kop.
When I said 108 tickets are available in the Kop corner Im taking about the one next to the John Street stand, the corner bit.

The Kop was already sold out when the Rotherham match was posptoned
but quite a few, maybe up to 1000 will have asked for refunds. It's these tickets that haven't gone back on sale.

So the Kop has no availability but should be about 1000 under capacity.
As the ground holds 32,000 then there should still be over 30K at the match.

Still having issues with the site. If it's down when you go click on the link just check back 10 minutes later and it should be back up. Going to limp along until the international break and then get to the bottom of it

How could a team have so many injuries this early in the season ? .....but wait......

Burnley have only had 1 defeat before playing us, it was the 3rd match of the season losing 0-1 away to Watford, hence their confidence.

Agree no tickets left on the Kop.
When I said 108 tickets are available in the Kop corner Im taking about the one next to the John Street stand, the corner bit.

The Kop was already sold out when the Rotherham match was posptoned
but quite a few, maybe up to 1000 will have asked for refunds. It's these tickets that haven't gone back on sale.

So the Kop has no availability but should be about 1000 under capacity.
As the ground holds 32,000 then there should still be over 30K at the match.
I know about their 1 defeat this season, prior to being smashed on satdy, but wondered what their heaviest defeats previously were, without me having to Google it obviously?

I know about their 1 defeat this season, prior to being smashed on satdy, but wondered what their heaviest defeats previously were, without me having to Google it obviously?
made me laugh that one

Cheers Woy……….maybe try deleting your browser history?

It seems like it's the website host that is the issue. They made an update a few days ago and it's messed things up for a few people. I just need to find the time to phone the idiots to sort it. Have a short term fix at least but it will continue to go down until I sort it permanently

It seems like it's the website host that is the issue. They made an update a few days ago and it's messed things up for a few people. I just need to find the time to phone the idiots to sort it. Have a short term fix at least but it will continue to go down until I sort it permanently
But the pod will be ok, yeh? 🙏

The last time they lost by 3 goals or more was in March against Chelsea.

With due respect, cannot see anything but a Blades win.
Football being what it is plus the machinations of Sheffield United's manager it could be anything but.
Thank you, Roy. :cool:

With due respect, cannot see anything but a Blades win.
Football being what it is plus the machinations of Sheffield United's manager it could be anything but.
Thank you, Roy. :cool:
It should be a Blades home win, but this is the championship and it’s what makes it more interesting than the premier league.

Games coming thick and fast, players just about recovered from Saturday at least we’ve not had to travel since we got back from Bristol…. Although that means we’ve had more time on the training ground, so expect Ndiaye and McBurnie out for the season 😂

“Rotherham and Sheff U fans singing ‘we hate Wednesday’ together in the pubs tomorrow”

Yes!!!!! Cheers Roy. Nervous about this one - be typically Bladey to loose this one after humping the leaders!

It should be a home win but if anyone thinks we just have to turn up then we are in for a difficult night. Despite their problems this will be tough, they were unlucky to lose at Burnley and they will give us a game, we have to be at it tonight. That said a 2-0 would do nicely in a local derby which will not have the usual hatred I reserve for the pigs and to some extent the dingles.

This will be a massively frustrating game, they won't come and play and we can't break teams down who just sit in.

Back
Top Bottom