Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Plymouth

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fans excitedly backing their team to cause a cup upset at a poorly performing Premier League side. I fail to see what the problem is here. Do folk not remember when we were in exactly that same position?

I must have missed out on my complimentary pair of Billy Big Bollocks glasses when we got promoted.
Agree. Digging out the comments from before we played Villa 7 years ago would be interesting.

And look what happened there 🙂😔

1611319338110.png
Fans jubilant as Tommy Jephcott re-signs for F.A. Cup tie at Sheffield.

There is one thing having confidence in your team, but dear me some of those comments....It’s disappointing that our performances and form have given rise to folk like this showing a total lack of respect. It will a more difficult than it ought to be, but if we are to finish the season with a little respectability, it’s a game we need to win and 9 times out of 10 we should win. 2-0 I reckon.

Even in our 100point season, I don't think I would've gone into an away tie against PL bottom club with as much confidence.

Pilgrims is quite a fitting nickname for them really as EVERY away game means they have to venture out of their little bubble into a world of normality.

Even in our 100point season, I don't think I would've gone into an away tie against PL bottom club with as much confidence.

Pilgrims is quite a fitting nickname for them really as EVERY away game means they have to venture out of their little bubble into a world of normality.

On the map it says "here be Monsters"

We've barely won a match all season. If you didn't see the game it looks like we barely overcame another 3rd Division side in the last round.

It comes two weeks after a League 2 side knocked out Leeds, and they themselves won away from home at a higher placed side.

I'm hardly surprised they're confident.

I would print these out and pin them up in the changing room.

Their posts just show how God damn shit we have been this season.. Wilder and our players should be embarrassed

They are quite confident of beating us and the sad fact is if they come out and have a go and get lots of crosses into the box they probably will

Their posts just show how God damn shit we have been this season.. Wilder and our players should be embarrassed

They are quite confident of beating us and the sad fact is if they come out and have a go and get lots of crosses into the box they probably will

I don't think they're that sort of side.

Thank God (if so)

For those who are worried about the game, the last time we won the fa cup was 1925, if you add up all the numbers it comes to 17, which is the house number of my mums next door neighbour, we beat Cardiff that day which doesn't contain any letters that's in Plymouth, spooky huh

Cheers Roy again

this has to be the best clutching at straws response tho

“for those of you who think a win is unlikely this Saturday can I refer you to 1984 and League One Argyle away to Premier League West Brom in the FA Cup.
A certain Tommy Jephcott scored the only goal of the game which was a typical Tommy Jephcott goal. West Brom were pretty much at full strength for the match and were struggling in the League as I recall. Spooky? Well here’s more.
This game was 27 years ago who has scored nearly 27 goals for Argyle? Yep Luke Tynan.
Also the game in 84 was played at the Hawthorns where do Sheffield United play? Brammall Lane! Hawthorn spikey bush and Brammall sounds a lot like Bramble a spikey bush.
Lump on this one’s written in the stars.”

Fucking hell had to check I wasn’t reading Wendy comments. Confident bunch aren’t they.

Why don't you top your glass up ...

“I’ll tell you what lads, I want to beat Plymouth so fucking much.”

Argyle fan here. Thanks for allowing me to register.

I will agree that there are some over-confident messages from our fans in that selection. But I wouldn't take it as disrespect or any deluded sense that we're a better team or expect to win.

As some of you have pointed out on this thread, you've had such a dreadful season that clubs as far down the league as we are think we've got a shot at getting a result. That doesn't mean we expect to win, we could easily be 5-0 down at halftime. It just gives us a bit of confidence that we could somehow nick it if we play out of our skins.

We went to Anfield four years ago when we were in League Two and got a 0-0 draw, only losing the replay 1-0. So we've got fairly recent experience of going to a Premier League club and getting something.

As for what you can expect from us, we like to play football. We tend to play out from the back (which annoys some of our fans big time who think lower league teams should hoof it forward), and will look to work the ball into your box like a poor man's Man City. There won't be many aerial balls into your box so you won't have to worry about us scoring that way.

We're also a young side. Our keeper is 21 and two of our three CBs are 22 and 21. Our main man up front is 21 and his strike partner is 23. If you play senior pros then we'll probably get bullied out of the game. Playing youngsters like Huddersfield did in the last round will probably play into our hands.

You will almost certainly win the game with your superior quality. Our away record is pretty shocking and defensively we concede some laughable goals (you do too, but we don't have Harry Kane up front).

Good luck for the game and in your efforts to stay up - however bleak it's looking right now. We're a very modest-sized club but it's a perpetual sense of annoyance for us that we're the biggest city in Europe to never have had a top-division team. We'd bite your arm off to swap places with you for just one season even if it meant losing every game.

Sheffield United is definitely winnable given how poor they’ve been.

Bit of a lack of self-awareness there. Haven't they won 1 in 10 away from home?

I will agree that there are some over-confident messages from our fans in that selection. But I wouldn't take it as disrespect or any deluded sense that we're a better team or expect to win.

As some of you have pointed out on this thread, you've had such a dreadful season that clubs as far down the league as we are think we've got a shot at getting a result. That doesn't mean we expect to win, we could easily be 5-0 down at halftime. It just gives us a bit of confidence that we could somehow nick it if we play out of our skins.

We went to Anfield four years ago when we were in League Two and got a 0-0 draw, only losing the replay 1-0. So we've got fairly recent experience of going to a Premier League club and getting something.

As for what you can expect from us, we like to play football. We tend to play out from the back (which annoys some of our fans big time who think lower league teams should hoof it forward), and will look to work the ball into your box like a poor man's Man City. There won't be many aerial balls into your box so you won't have to worry about us scoring that way.

We're also a young side. Our keeper is 21 and two of our three CBs are 22 and 21. Our main man up front is 21 and his strike partner is 23. If you play senior pros then we'll probably get bullied out of the game. Playing youngsters like Huddersfield did in the last round will probably play into our hands.

You will almost certainly win the game with your superior quality. Our away record is pretty shocking and defensively we concede some laughable goals (you do too, but we don't have Harry Kane up front).

Good luck for the game and in your efforts to stay up - however bleak it's looking right now. We're a very modest-sized club but it's a perpetual sense of annoyance for us that we're the biggest city in Europe to never have had a top-division team. We'd bite your arm off to swap places with you for just one season even if it meant losing every game.
Fancy a beer mate when we are allowed great post

Good luck tomorrow.

I take your fans comments with a pinch of salt. I will say this, your away support travels very well. Been impressed a few times. Hopefully you’ll get up and stay in the Champ.

Back
Top Bottom