Roy's View From... Pre-Match View From Peterborough

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“Sheffield is a great away day though, so I’ll take some consolation in the fact that even if it’s shit between 3:00PM – 5:00PM, it’ll still be a good day out. “

“great town, great stadium, decent fans turn out from Posh should be approaching 1800”

“Great Ground”

I hope that these guys have a great day (apart from the bit between 3 & 5)

I really hope it all clicks for this one. The start of something big. :)
(I’ve been thinking that since the Newcastle game was called off, long, long time ago ….)

"but the reality is their squad is full of very middle of the road Championship players."

Get this guy in as director of football. He See's it

This really is a big game… good performance with a result could start is on a good roll.

Poor performance and poor result and things will turn sour pretty quick.

It’s clear there is unrest on the terraces and from the manager and we all know how quickly this can snowball inside the lane.

Seem a deluded, clueless bunch....

Really looking forward to this and hope our record against them is enhanced even more. What your record of 3 wins, 1 draw and 6 defeats in the last 10 meetings?

Branhall lane

Spelling has been murdered many many times but never seen that one before.
As a (very) young kid I honestly believed it was called Bramble Lane. I even remember passing a blackberry patch on some wasteland near the ground and asking my dad if they were the brambles that gave the stadium its name.

Thanks Roy.

Pretty meh on the whole, but the last 3 comments cheered me up a bit.

TBH I don't have a clue how we will line up tomorrow, just waiting to see who's out of the match day squad

Cheers Roy, i hate to say it but I think this game is a must win. I know its early days but if we dont win this the morale could get even lower and will be very hard to pull back up. I'm hoping to see all the new lads in midfield playing and more chances being created.

Most seem to like Sheffield, pity I'm not so fond of Peterborough, nowt to do with football.
Could be embarrassing if Blades don't click, I expect them to with the new arrivals, so lets see.

1981/2 season.
Aye
Four nowt (twice)
The mid week away fixture was immense in the context of the entire season - forget ‘Darlo’ that was icing on the cake
Nervous 2 anxious (pessimistic) a forehand - assisted by
-ale in Sheff - (surreptitious spirits on)
‘football special’ train - ale in ‘/PBoro - more (‘lock in’) ale back in Sheff - ‘sicky’ at work next day on ‘earlies’ - still supping @ 06:00am
Gaffer, despite being a Dingle, was sympathetic & understanding

eeeh nostalgia - not what it used to be?

What they weren't going to do to the Blades. Hodgy and their manager ?
Sat in that rickety old wooden stand. 3 - 0 up early doors, Morris and Edwards at their usual yet again.
Treat ourselves to posh south stand seats for return game.
Appeh days.

What they weren't going to do to the Blades. Hodgy and their manager ?
Sat in that rickety old wooden stand. 3 - 0 up early doors, Morris and Edwards at their usual yet again.
Treat ourselves to posh south stand seats for return game.
Appeh days.
I remember skipping school for that game. Went down on the train and stood behind the goal. What a night that was. Peformance from Morris and Edwards that night was outstanding. I remember they had a centre forward who were scoring the goals and reading before the game how he was going to score a hatful as our defence was awful.

I remember skipping school for that game. Went down on the train and stood behind the goal. What a night that was. Peformance from Morris and Edwards that night was outstanding. I remember they had a centre forward who were scoring the goals and reading before the game how he was going to score a hatful as our defence was awful.
Even Richardson had a solid game.

Edit. Coming up to 40 years back.

Back
Top Bottom