Pre-Match View From Norwich

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I do enjoy these "view from" posts but it's usually 90% blinkered views with 10% from one or two who's done their homework on the opposition.

In two-and-half years under Wilder, how many times have we won away against a side which currently occupied a top 6 place?

In two-and-half years under Wilder, how many times have we won away against a side which currently occupied a top 6 place?
That’s a good question. Anyone know? And what the ratio is versus games played.
Not many, that’s for sure.

Ohh I’m disappointed I was expecting a bit more hatred from them , very difficult game but I think CW will have the lads fired up .
Would def take a point on Sat .. gonna go for a 2-2 ...throughly earned through our non football kicking the shite out othe opposition approach which has served us so well this season

They are nothing special at all. Certainly, no better than we are if we are 'at it'.

Think we will turn up tomorrow, and win. Confident.

The quickly bit made me laugh " the rest of the team focus on playing the ball forward, on the ground, as quickly as possible."
Farke is smart and will be telling his lot to let us have our slow build play, funnel back and keep shape and when they win the ball to go box to box quickly in four passes and have an effort on goal before our defenders get back and in position. The best teams in our division have sussed this.

I hope we score in the first minute and then spend 89 minutes blasting the ball at the shins of Norwich players near the byline and spend 4 minutes taking each resulting throw-in.

In all seriousness I think a win is unlikely. They play a similar game to us, but generally seem better at it. A real test.

They have scored 6 more goals than us but have let in 7 more goals.
Too close to call.
Comes down to which team wants it more on the day.

Please let's do the double over these.

Many of their fans saying we were still bitter over last season's antics and sheff uTd ARe pHysiCaL.

Let's smash em (on the pitch hopefully)

“I would have thought Sheff Utd would have wanted us to turn over their bitter Yorkshire rivals and fellow promotion contenders so kicking us off the park won’t help surely ?”

to be fair i dislike norwich because of Farke Maddison & Gunn more than leeds because at belsia was honest. you caught me red handed. i apologise. they kept BSing & then couldnt take it when we did just the time wasting for 15mins + stoppage time in return fixture. never mind all the other next level cheating gits stuff

My biggest concern, as ever, is at the back as we rarely look solid

that's my hope norwich have rescued at least 10pts from 90th min winners. turn 0 into 1 & sometimes 0 into 3. they are dodgy at back but we do it in odd game but aren't known for regularly taking our chances clinically

Near the end I thought there might have been a pitch invasion from our fans, it’s rare that they have been so angry.

as i said at the time i never condone it, violence is never the answer only makes it worse & isnt acceptable but gunn in particular has to take some of the blame for what happened outside. because he had wound majority of the home fans up with his & their next level cheating. so the sensible thing was to celebrate with teammates & go down the tunnel. instead of chucking more petrol on the bonfire. by punching the air to the kop. im amazed to this day the restraint of kop. that someone didn't invade the pitch. as that was dangerous

It won’t be many, but I live in hope that we’ll break that soon enough.. we have to don’t we..!

what I love about these threads is when the blades fans responding say stuff like, "It's great that they don't understand how well we play, we'll catch them unawares" as if the Norwich management team are as ignorant as some numpty on a football forum.

I suspect most Norwich fans are as well informed about the blades as I am about them. Which is that I haven't really got a clue. From last seasons game I remember Maddison and Gunn as being their standout players at BDTBL, but I think they have both left. They are 2nd in the league and seem to score loads of late goals.

The only players I remember from the game in august were the CB, Klose who looks decent and Rhodes who bagged a classic Rhodes goal.

Should be 2 confident sides going for it. Difficult to pick a result

From what I've seen of Norwich, they have some pacy players which is something that invariably unsettles us. Moreover, they tend, particularly at home, to be 'at it' for most of the match and are not like many Championship sides who seem content to sit back and attack in short bursts. I fear that, for the first time this season, we could get a bit of a hiding: 3-1.

As good as we are at football, and notwithstanding that we have spent a season and a half in and around the top of the table, I still think this team lacks the belief that they belong amongst the contenders. Our record in matches, particularly away, against the 'better' sides and, more revealingly, against sides who are mid to lower table but are perceived to be better than they actually are because they are recently down from the Premier League (Swansea being a case in point), illustrate that.

For me, there is too much talk both pre-match and post-match, from players and staff about 'the opposition's wage bill', 'the names on their shirts', and 'the players in their dressing room'. It even seems to be put out there as 'mitigation' when we lose, like it was last week at Swansea.

It's not something that you would ever have heard from Bassett's side or indeed Warnock's side that eventually got up, because that side contained big personalities such as Unsworth and Shipperley, who had the belief from previous experience, that they would get the job done.

Back
Top Bottom