Pre-Match View From Norwich

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seems its still 10-15 years ago in Norwich. No Surprise really. They will underestimate us and they will lose, 3-1 the Blades! fuck the 7 fingered sister shaggers.

“I have no idea where people think Sheff Utd are a bunch of cloggers. Sure they play a high intensity game like us and Leeds, but apart from the nous of Sharp that comes with age (a la Grant Holt in his prime, lots of nudges and elbows etc.) and the occasional late tackle from Robert Fleck’s nephew John (its in the genes) the rest of the team focus on playing the ball forward, on the ground, as quickly as possible. If we go out and expect them to clog, that would be a big mistake. We should focus on playing our own game and we will beat them. Try anything different and lose our focus and we will lose.”

This one gets it

The others are bell end sister shaggers and can feck the feck off.

Excellent and for once some sensible people puncture the long ball cloggers myth.

I particularly liked the Fleck gene bit:

“I have no idea where people think Sheff Utd are a bunch of cloggers. Sure they play a high intensity game like us and Leeds, but apart from the nous of Sharp that comes with age (a la Grant Holt in his prime, lots of nudges and elbows etc.) and the occasional late tackle from Robert Fleck’s nephew John (its in the genes) the rest of the team focus on playing the ball forward, on the ground, as quickly as possible. If we go out and expect them to clog, that would be a big mistake. We should focus on playing our own game and we will beat them. Try anything different and lose our focus and we will lose.”

Also one of them recognised what a bunch of twats they were last year:

“I quite like Wilder tbh. He’s passionate, managing the team he supports, and does things he thinks are right irrespective of who he annoys. He may have gone a bit crazy over our win there last year, but most of what he said was correct – we were pretty obnoxious that day. Equally, he recognises that we are a threat and that his bunch will need to find a way to win. Sheff Utd are a proper football team – physical, but not much whingeing or diving and rolling around. Happy to see them up there. Still think we’ll beat them though.”

Posted bang on noon too, so even Roygbiv is on his game!

We're on the edge, we do try and make margins by making "professional fouls" to stop counters but I think we adapted that into our game last season where a lot of teams were doing it to us, Wilder calls it being 'street smart' or something to that effect.

Norwich give away considerably more fouls than we do I believe. We are a physical side, and one that will have to make some big challenges. Just the nature of playing the style of football we do.

Really hope we smash these but got a feeling we will lose this game. They are a very good side with good technical players. A draw would be a good result and a win would probably be the best and most important of the season to date.

Just got that horrible feeling that we will come up short. C'mon Blades, time to turn up and turn it on!

UTMB

Mostly reasonable comments with the odd pillock. They are a very good attacking side - if we can put an away performance like Brentford together we'll be in it, but we have to attack. If we let them dominate we'll lose .

A wide array of views, ranging from completely wrong to completely right.
Norwich are one of the teams that in my opinion play with an even higher intensity than we do, and that worries me. In theory both of us will come shooting out of the traps from the first whistle, and both teams will want to be first to every first and second ball. Anything could happen in those circumstances, including red cards, or one team completely dominating the other, (worst case scenario).
Either way it has the makings of a top class game, shame it's not on TV.

One interesting issue about Norwich is they seem to have foreign players that go down as soon as they feel the gentlest of contact
Where as Sheff United play and hard but fair game more in line with British traditions. Wilder is consistent about this because when ever we play physically strong opposition that are more limited (like a Millwall or Bolton) he always gives that style respect and doesn’t make excuses when playing physical teams who try to stop his team from playing (as long as they are hard but fair tackles).

Many of the Norwich fans might think their players are being constantly fouled. The opposition teams might think that Norwich are using gamesmanship (verging on cheating).

Suspect the ref will play a significant rule. However even the experts can’t agree the rules, so it might be tough for the ref.

You can bet that SU will be making firm challenges that are not fouls
But the Norwich player will go down very easily in dangerous areas.
VAR would prove that there’s defnitely been contact but whether that contact was fair or a foul is so subjective.

To be fair I’d take a draw and them having 4 or 5 players out injured at full time. Clog away Blades !

Another point about the vitriol towards Wilder who they think is a whinger going back to last seasons match at Bramall Lane.

What the Norwich fans fail to understand or believe is that

I’m a balanced educated supporter of United watching most of our home matches for over 40 and even I would say that Norwich City employed some of the worse time wasting tactics and gamesmanship I’ve have ever seen (that is no exagerration).

They were revelling in playing the pantomime villain, some players laughing whilst receiving treatment. They would receive a firm nudge in the back, then go down rolling around clutching their head and wanting the trainer to come on for treatment. Towards the end I think there were some genuine fouls from us but the ref got fed up of their antics and just waved play on.

There was 8 minutes injury time played at that match which was a complete farce, should have been easily over 15 minutes injury time but I don’t think refs would ever do this. Also Wilder was sent off for his first and only time in his long career, which tells its story.
Near the end I thought there might have been a pitch invasion from our fans, it’s rare that they have been so angry.

Last edited:
Usual bollocks about cloggers and physicality with no evidence from any of our games to support it.

Would love to see us football them off the pitch in the manner we did Southend about 3 years ago to the day.

I am under no illusions though that it’s going to be very tough tomorrow.

Mix of comments really.

Not confident about this one but pleased to see some over confidence on there.

Another point about the vitriol towards Wilder who they think is a whinger going back to last seasons match at Bramall Lane.

What the Norwich fans fail to understand or believe is that

I’m a balanced educated supporter of United watching most of our home matches for over 40 and even I would say that Norwich City employed some of the worse time wasting tactics and gamesmanship I’ve have ever seen (that is no exagerration).

There was 8 minutes injury time played at that match which was a complete farce, should have been easily over 15 minutes injury time but I don’t think refs would ever do this. Also Wilder was sent off for his first and only time in his long career, which tells its story. Near the end I thought there might have been a pitch invasion from our fans, it’s rare that they have been so angry.

Gunn’s timewasting was the worst I’ve ever seen and he didn’t get booked. However, it was so bad that their captain, German defender ran back from the halfway line to tell him to get on with it.

Do the Norwich City fans wonder quite why we’ve been singing “take your time, take your time Sheff United, playing football the Norwich way” when we’ve been winning in the two games since then, or is that a bit beyond a carrot cruncher?

My key takeaways from that:

- their view of Utd are based on the performance *(& result v Swansea)
- for some reason they think Utd are a physical side
- CW has got them rattled almost as much as the Darkside

Back
Top Bottom